Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2] - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

20-08-2011, 08:59   #16
C-J
Closed Account

At last some rational thought! Where has esther disappeared to? The show is v boring without her moaning & gossip, it seems when an actor is given more than a few scenes in a week they then disappear for a month! I want Ray to have a proper storyline himself and Bob are the two best method actors. Perhaps a teenage pregnancy/abortion storyline with Dearbhla that only one of the parents knows about and ends up splitting them
Advertisement
20-08-2011, 11:39   #17
jos28

On the subject of healthy eating (I am not passing any personal comments on FC actors), I think it is strange the way the script writers seem to have forgotten that Paul Brennan had a heart attack. They had him on the salads and stuff for about a week afterwards and now he seems to live on Hungry Pig burgers and chips and pizzas. Anyone who I know who was lucky enough to survive a heart attack(my close friend had one at 49 !) completely changed their lifestyles afterwards. They got the cholesterol down, took up exercise and gave up smoking. If the writing was more realistic Paul would still be under the care of a cardiac team and would have regular appointments with dietitians/physical therapists to keep him on track.
Thanks from:
20-08-2011, 11:41   #18
jos28

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-J View Post
At last some rational thought! Where has esther disappeared to? The show is v boring without her moaning & gossip,
I reckon Esther will be back in action when she hears Suzanne's news.
Thanks from:
20-08-2011, 11:46   #19
DeepBlue

Quote:
Healthy lifestyle = longer life, it's not rocket science
Well according to this article watching an hour of TV shortens your life by 22 minutes so presumably watching half an hour of Fair City will shorten your life by 11 minutes. And with 4 episodes a week you could potentially be losing 44 minutes of your life for every week watching FC.

Someone made the point upthread that FC never show people exercising. I'm pretty sure they had Leo and Dean running sometime recently. Also I recall Carol was doing some keep fit not that long ago with (I think) Christy and Ray. My memory is obviously going as I can't even recall the Haven.
Thanks from:
20-08-2011, 16:26   #20
JP Liz V1

Barry is being built up now as some kind of "savoir" cant wait until he falls of his pedestal and outed as Sarah's killer
Thanks from:
Advertisement
20-08-2011, 16:58   #21
Long Room Hubba

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepBlue View Post
Someone made the point upthread that FC never show people exercising. I'm pretty sure they had Leo and Dean running sometime recently. Also I recall Carol was doing some keep fit not that long ago with (I think) Christy and Ray. My memory is obviously going as I can't even recall the Haven.
I think Carol was training with Christy and Malachy. Leo was running with Finn. Zach plays football with Finn and others. Laura is a personal trainer. Felix was a personal trainer. Keith plays football. Zumo does martial arts. Mark boxes. Denzo has started training with Mark. John Deegan does weights. David did martial arts, I think. Esther runs a fitness club.

But apart from those fifteen people, Fair City NEVER shows anyone exercising. It's a disgrace. I'm going to march on RTE as soon as I finish this second kebab.
(5) thanks from:
20-08-2011, 17:00   #22
Long Room Hubba

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Liz V1 View Post
Barry is being built up now as some kind of "savoir" cant wait until he falls of his pedestal and outed as Sarah's killer
He's getting very smug alright. I like the way his first suggestion for a good news article in the newsletter was about how Ben was rescued from the car. Complete with a big photo of Barry, no doubt.
21-08-2011, 17:48   #23
max life

If the problem with the drains is Spoiler: Sarah's suitcase, why didnt Denzo burn her clothes??? Why would he put them in a drain, when there was a good chance they would be discovered??
21-08-2011, 19:20   #24
C-J
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Room Hubba View Post
But apart from those fifteen people, Fair City NEVER shows anyone exercising. It's a disgrace. I'm going to march on RTE as soon as I finish this second kebab.
the whole street exercising while stuffing their gobs with burgers chips milkshakes and alcohol each day is counter productive. Suppose the writers are paving the way for a stroke/heartattack/diabetes/high cholesterol endemic in the near future which is clever on their part. I suppose Vivienne will be there to give her sound medical wisdom. . . Oh wait she'll have died on the surgeons table before then while having a gastric band. Noice!
Advertisement
21-08-2011, 20:11   #25
JP Liz V1

Why dont Bob know Wayne's surname
21-08-2011, 20:24   #26
Karen23

How unrealistic is it that Suzanne confides in Mark about her pregnancy ??
Thanks from:
21-08-2011, 20:26   #27
JP Liz V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen23 View Post
I thought she'd be afraid of him since he beat her up
Thanks from:
21-08-2011, 20:31   #28
Karen23

Hour long special on Wednesday
21-08-2011, 20:33   #29
Karen23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen23 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Liz V1 View Post
I thought she'd be afraid of him since he beat her up
He hated her so much that he beat her up and she was terrified of him and now she feels he's the only one she can talk to - come on.
Thanks from:
21-08-2011, 20:34   #30
shadowninty
Closed Account

Quote:
the whole street exercising while stuffing their gobs with burgers chips milkshakes and alcohol each day is counter productive. Suppose the writers are paving the way for a stroke/heartattack/diabetes/high cholesterol endemic in the near future which is clever on their part. I suppose Vivienne will be there to give her sound medical wisdom. . . Oh wait she'll have died on the surgeons table before then while having a gastric band. Noice!
Ok woman... we get it. Smiley

Regarding Mark/Suzanne, maybe some kind of Stockholm Syndrome related thing? Seems unrealistic now, but may be developed?
Also Suzanne is hardly the most mentally stable person like.
(3) thanks from:
Thread Closed