Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How rough is your area?

Options
  • 19-08-2011 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

In the deep dark hills of eastern Tennessee,
    That's the place where I trace my bloodline,
    And it's there I read on a hillside gravestone,
    You will never leave Nashville alive

And thats how it was, a cut throat town. You wouldn't look at your own shadow sideways.

Thats why I resided in the rural setting. No fuss, no trouble. Until that evening in the winter of '48 when Jeremy Bannon lost his mind and emptied a pound of lead into himself. Other than that event, life was good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

STFU Morgan!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

rough enough, council didn't cut the grass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

lol

i rember whewn i moved to th west an they started telling me what road they were from

i', 6'2" i carry 18 st aand i've had an interest in martial arts since the karake kid came out

wtf does it matter that my da had a job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Never shaving it agan...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Krizdarkfall

area's depend on before being more social, making looking like a more often that not impossible!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

area's depend on before being more social, making looking like a more often that not impossible!

One trick pony methinks.

One trick pony methinks.

pony's have no place in social housing, we need more interesting ways of harvesting our social welfare payments in a more clean and sober fashion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

The local drug dealer is wheelchair bound.

Thats my local mob boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I was driving home earlier & got a really menacing look from a cow.

Needless to say, I've locked all the doors tonight.

How much was she charging for a blow job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

I live in a rough area of east London, this exact time last week i saw a guy get his front teeth kicked in right outside my window by an angry mob of muslims, apparently he took a piss on the side of there Mosque. When the cops came and asked for a description of his attackers he said it was a gang of muslims, one of the cops asked "how do you know there were muslims?" He blurted out of his bloody mouth "well they came running out of a f**king Mosque"

was he wearing a burberry hat? nike runners? and adidas tracksuit?
    Possibly hunting the nearby fields for discarded batter burgers?

1210m5g wrote: »
    I live in a rough area of east London, this exact time last week i saw a guy get his front teeth kicked in right outside my window by an angry mob of muslims, apparently he took a piss on the side of there Mosque. When the cops came and asked for a description of his attackers he said it was a gang of muslims, one of the cops asked "how do you know there were muslims?" He blurted out of his bloody mouth "well they came running out of a f**king Mosque"

Barking?

Upton Park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

So rough even the dogs ask for a smoke. No, I know that makes no sense but I've been watching Adventure Time for the last hour and it makes me laugh............and that's all that matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Was her name Yvonne????

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/aug/15/cow-fugitive-germany-reward

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

orourkeda wrote: »
    Barking?

Walthamstow for the last year and Clapton (murder mile) for 3 years before that and i have never had an ounce of trouble, got a lot more grief off scumbags when i lived in Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

fair rough around here. wouldnt walk home alone after the disco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

1210m5g wrote: »
    Walthamstow for the last year and Clapton (murder mile) for 3 years before that and i have never had an ounce of trouble, got a lot more grief off scumbags when i lived in Limerick.

There's a hell of a lot of scumbies in Limerick. I went there a few weeks ago. It was like stepping back in time to Ireland in the early 1990's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Vizzy

There's a hell of a lot of scumbies in Limerick. I went there a few weeks ago. It was like stepping back in time to Ireland in the early 1990's.

Stepping back that far huh.

Were there bare footed urchins with chimney brushes as well ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

6 people shot/stabbed to death with 250 yards of my house in the last three years or so. Garda station 80 yards or so from my house!

In saying that the area is grand in all honesty, never had any hassle myself!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

orourkeda wrote: »
    Barking?

Apparently that place is dog rough!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Live in the sticks, almost no crime (the very odd break-in), no hassle in anyway from anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DanTheMan91

Rough enough to be honest, I don't get or create much hassle though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

atm the worst you have to worry about is getting stung by a wasp

i did live just up the road from st mels in athlone for a while and for anyone that knows athlone that wasn't the nicest neighbourhood, had stones thrown at my window at about 4am one night, gangs of people across the road late at night and when walking home from the clubs, middle aged men out of their minds drunk at 8am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

terenure

so rough that if you see a dog with a tail you say its a tourist

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Quiet village life,tis great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Live in the sticks, no crime. peaceful and quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Not bad. Ever since ive grown up in the area we went through cycles of scumbag groups. Each one of them fall by the wayside by drugs, prison or cop on to themselves. Then we usually get a quiet few years until the next generation of scrotes appear. At them moment we seem to have missed a generation although you can see some young lads that have scumbag potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Very rough, lots of potholes :D.

I got no neighbours, enough dogs to deter scumbag who may be passing on their way to richer pickings and the odd stray cow on my driveway.

Long may it continue to be so quiet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Nextdoor neighbour was found butchered to pieces in Holland,the Garda,when they were searching his house, said he was a fairly big drug dealer,never had a clue,seemed like a nice auld lad.

Have been a fair amount of shootings in the area too,and two fella's from round the corner who I went to primary school with are in Mountjoy for posession of over a million euro worth of heroin,and the local Londis has had to put of a security barrier around the til after being robbed 4 times in 3 months too.

But saying that it's actually not that bad of an area once people know you!

Advertisement