Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken 6BR -Tournament- 28th May,2011

Options
  • 02-05-2011 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Our next tournament will be held on 28th May, 2011 in XGC Cafe, Dublin.

List at the moment:

1) ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Click on thread tools and add a poll that the results are publically viewable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 nani

1) Nani

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mantys

List at the moment:

1) Mantys (org)
    2) Nani
    3) Firestarter
    4) ...

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

What the heck is chopperbyrne talking about? Why do we need a poll?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

To give an idea of who's coming and what numbers. Also gets rid of the need for Mantys to post up the list of people every so often.

• Advertisement

I know what he means, but people will click on it and will not show up anyway. So in this way they need to post it here...:rolleyes:

And how about you put your name down Eoin?
    Get me some peopleeeee...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Very true but equally people will post and not show up. It's a tough deal but the important thing is to stick with it.

You never know what happen when the new Tekken Tag and even Tekken x SF in the future. If those games really take off, it'll be great if you've kept the tournaments up and have a really established base.

I think the base is ok for now. Only thing that bugs me is that the elite doesn't show up.
    About TTT2. The emphasis is still on juggles, it's gonna be crap. It's gonna be exactly like T6BR with new characters and loooooooooooong juggles.

Er.... I am actually in Germany for the last week of May so I don't think I can play in this tournament. Sorry Mantys maybe James will still go! ^_^

I am back on the 28th but I'm not sure what time. For now I think it's best to assume I can't make it....

Seems everything kind of stopped here and is silent...
    Did you watch the new videos of TTT2?

• Advertisement

Yeah it looks really good, and apparently Yoshi is going to be really really good this time!

Looking forward to trying the new characters too :)

Bryan - nerfed, as far as you can tell till this point.
    Havent seen anybody hitting anyone with taunt as of the new fotage. Does not track and shorter distance. Have no idea what you get free...
    d/f + 1111.... Nerfed, though it looks like ther`s a CH lauch possible on the last 2 hit. Though not sure as nobody has done it as far as I have seen. 2 reminds me of SS+2, hence CH laucher. qcb+4 replaced animation and no launch on regular.

Bob - nerfed, cd1 = no lauch on regular hit. ff+1+2 grab nerfed (no idea in what sense). dont know if anything else...

Kazuya looks good though. Havent played TTT so dont know what is the fuss about regarding devil twin pistons... Is it a launch on regular!? If so looks pretty interesting...

Anyway - Bryan nerfes so far hurt my heart very badly.... :(

The gave Asuka some new moves and cancels which should really help her game I think! Her 3~4 sweeps can now be canceled which is really gonna help my mixups!

It's always the way that the good characters are made worse and the bad better though right? Lily's been made worse too, her low launcher now only combos on a CH. (thank jasus that move is so annoying in lag). I'm switching to Ling as my new main I think...

I hope Jun is high tier, she looks so stylish I love her stance.

Id say to help Asuka, best they could have done would have been an additional mid, mid or mid high combination. But than again I have not played her seriously... A cancel... Not that exyting, bet then again I could be wrong.

Yeah - those slow low launchers could all have been kicked in my book. Same goes for Bryan d/f+3... Hate that ****. Even using it I feel bad... :)

Have to agree - Jun looks very nice. Like her animation.

BTW, Have you noticed that with each new character coming out they have nice animation (standing, movement) compared to the old characters. Like zafina, bob, alisa. And then look at Bryan Paul Jin or whoever else and tyhey are just standing there... :D

TTT2 will be out just before Christmas. May tournament will start at 13:00, I will be there from 12:00 for casuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

they gave Baek something that looks like it high wall splats. he really did need it becasue as he is now he has good combos from high splat, but no real way of high splatting except in extremely precise circumstances.

I hope they did something with his horrible low kicks, right now in decent level play you cant ever use them or your just asking to be crushed/parried.

they'll need to do something good for him since they took away his SSR.

oh yeah I'm in for the tournament on the 28. as long as I don't forget it's on!

List at the moment:

1) Mantys (org)
    2) Nani
    3) Firestarter
    4) Aurongroove
    5) ...

Four people, wow!

@Nani

Ah yeah your right actually! Except maybe Lei he has a pretty long animation and he's been around a while!

God yeah I hate those low launchers they reign supreme in lag don't they? Bryan's is the worst by a mile though... You'd almost main him just to use that move:p

Asuka's new mid combo I think
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-wEDZbjGIs&feature=channel_video_title#t=33m45s

And her 1,2,4 on block has pushback http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svlX452Pu_Y&feature=channel_video_title#t=27m15s The 3~4 cancels after it too!

If your headed to the next tournament I'm sorry I wont be there to play! Have to wait until June I guess. Ah well more time to work on Ling:)

@BigStupidGuy

Yeah well your right - with the exception of Lei, as his animation is truly unique and nice.

As for maining Bryan for his low.... Not really - internet maybe, but offline its move your going to get massacred for :D So DO NOT USE IT.... :D

Yeah - Asukas new move seems like a mid, mid, but then again you could not see the first hit conecting in the link you posted. But it seems like it anyways. As for the cancel - ... Shes gonna be spinning around in your face all day long now with all the cancels she has... :D

Sorry to hear people droping out. Hope though somebody else will show up to fill our ranks.

@Mantys.

Listen, can I still take up your offer on collecting me in the bus station (or wherever). Cause I am a topographic moron when it comes to Dublin. :)

Im gonna be there around 12+, so it seems you would need to skip the casuals, to pick me up. If not ill try to find my own way.
    Dont know the precise times as Bus eireann schedules wont load for me... :(

@Aurongroove
    I read some post about Baek becoming more and more like hworang. But I dont know how good they are compered to each other so I dont really understand the sugnificance of this.

@nani: Just be on the phone on Saturday, I will wait somewhere there. Is it bus aras or bus eireann? But anyway, be one the phone.:cool:

• Advertisement

@Mantys
    Sure Ill be on the phone. :) Thanks man. Its Bus Eireann. Maybe you can load up the timetables on your comp and let me know if I need to get off the bus on an earlier stop rather than the central bus station. Thus I could get off closer. Then again I dont know how close the Bus station is to the Arcade... :D

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1302772802-8.pdf

Heres the bus timetable which I cant load up in case you can.

@nani: I can't open it either. Just call me when you're in Dublin. We'll find you.:D

Problem solved - sorta... :D Final destination and the only in Dublin is Dublin (Busáras). So my guess is its the bus station.

Anyways - Ill be fine with a litle help from you Mantys ;)

See you there!

Yeah, I just found out that Aras and Eireann are the same thing. Have been living here for 7 yeras now...:D We'll wait there for you with John, so no worries.

Baek becoming more like Hworang would be horrible, they're as different as chalk and cheese.
    One of the things I did hear about was his newest left kick cancel, where he can now cancel the second left kick of his fla combo 3,3,4, and the third kick of his butterfly combo. this means he can now mid kick, cancel, mid kick, cancel, mid kick, cancel, which judging by the command, a LOT fast then he previously could and will probably look very "Hworangish" (Hworang tends to poke and prod from his FLA whereas Baek starts and stops longer chains, but no longer, he now has an option to use a quickish low and a very quick mid, both from, and returning to FLA and keep throwing them out, without needing to come round again from one of his longer strings or escaping the stance with an "exit string" as I call it)

also, sad news. I got a gig down home Saturday evening and I can't go to the tournament.

List at the moment:

1) Mantys
    2) Nani
    3) Firestarter
    4) ...

Three people...wow.:mad:

Ahh - no wories... Mantys.

Ill still be there and hope the two of you show up.
    And the good news is I going to come by car. So there will be no
    need for you trying and find me in Dublin. Though this could change. :)

Anyway - ill be in Dublin around 11.00 so if you want we can already meet up in the arcade around 11.30-12.00.

See yo there if nothing changes... ;)

what time will this tournament begin and end?

if early enough to travel I might be able to make it.

• Advertisement

If nobody shows up, we can play sparring matches and challenges. But we'll see, maybe we'll have the tournament, if at least 5 players show up. John still didn't reply to my texts, so we'll see. I'll definitely be there at around 12:00.

Advertisement