Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Closed] Win an ESB HALO Installation Service package worth €1,400

Options
  • 04-01-2011 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

So to kick off our energy saving, we’d like to offer one boards member the chance to win a great prize.

We have an ESB HALO Installation Service package worth €1,400 to give away.

Your home is your castle. But is it as draughty as one? Whether it’s draughts, older windows, central heating issues or even insulation that is in need of replacement, some small changes can make many houses more energy efficient. This prize can pin-point what they are for you.

This fantastic prize includes a blower door test, thermographical imaging, and a BER certificate to show you exactly how your home is performing.

Blower Door Test
    A panel system is fitted to an external door in your home and forms a temporary seal. We can measure how much air leakage is happening and where, by assessing windows, chimneys, ceiling lights and vents.

Infra-red Thermography Inspections
    As part of the HALO programme we can also use thermographic cameras to ‘see’ heat and cold and is particularly useful for detecting temperature variations in buildings and pinpointing where heat loss is occurring.

BER Certificate
    The Building Energy Rating Certificate (BER) is a rating of a home's energy, rated in a similar manner to the energy performance of common household appliances, from A to G. BER Certificates are required by law, when you’re selling or renting, or on completion of a new building.

These are the fantastic benefits of the ESB HALO Installation Service for your home and we’ve got one up for grabs.

To enter just tell us on this thread what new year’s resolutions you’re making this year…

Best of luck
    Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

To enter just tell us on this thread what new year’s resolutions you’re making this year…
    Try and get a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

start my own business after 12 months on the dole!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭donal666

Help out a local charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭hotshots85

Win a HALO Survey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

My new years resolution is to drive less and walk or cycle more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mike_Hunt

To stop buying items posted to Bargain Alerts - its wreaking havoc on the finances!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 siscri

My new years resolution is to get a blower door test

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Lose enough weight to have to worry about the house's insulation :D

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Look at ways to save a few euro!! Budget better etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

save for a ring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Drink less, better example to the nipper and fitter over all.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭phoebe!

To be better at keeping in touch with my friends....phoning more often and making the effort to go visit them more!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭smodgley

stop smoking (yet again) save the money and buy doors and windows for the house, tis a bit draughty without them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭bigwillie

get fitter for 2011........never happen.........

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭p15574

NOT join a gym and only use it for January - cycle and run for free instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

Complete TEFL course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭alan85

Mine are to pass my exams I'm undertaking this year, continue to keep fit and eat well and not to take things to heart so much...

happy-new-year.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Oh I have many!!!

I was worried about my ESB bill and it being too high for a 2 bed apartment. So, as this is this first 'real' day of the New Year I put everything I could think of into a spreadsheet, along with the hours used per day, and then worked out the cost using the ESB Appliance Calculator :D

Ok, I know that 'energy saving' bulbs are the eco friendly way to light a home, but never realised how pocket friendly. Now, I have to admit that I am a divil for leaving lights on, but the cost of lighting my bedroom (€10.48 per 2 months) using regular bulbs is slightly higher than the cost of lighting the kitchen, bathroom, hall and living room put together :eek:- which are all on halogen, fluorescent or energy saving bulbs. I think a trip to the shops is on the cards...
    Resolution #1 - Switch to all energy saving bulbs

On the matter of the appliance calculator, I discovered using my dishwasher EVRY DAY is costing almost €12 a month (plus the tablets). I only ever have it half full and hot water is free with the apartment :D
    Resolution #2 - Wash up more by hand, dishwasher for weekends!

The cooker hood is a fiver a month
    Resolution #3 – Open the windows! Cooker hood to be reserved for when cooking curry!

The other half's hairdryer is a fiver a month. I daren’t check the hair straighteners!
    Resolution #4 – Learn to love my dearest with curls!!

My BIG Ambilight is TV is killing the budget (not to mention the Satellite sports channels it must have!!) But I draw the line at resolutions about this one!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭testikle

to finally win a competition and do a course.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 cunninsu

Get a new job after being made redundant from the financial industry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 JFeathers

Take up salsa dancing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Create a Zombie survival pack ...

Baseball bat, canned food, emergency water, medical kit, flash light etc.

I think I would like it framed with breakable gas for quick access.

The door blower test could be a test of the doors ability to withstand zombie attack!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Think I'm gonna try and lay off the drink

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

get fit enough to run a 10K by April .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I'll be attempting to lay off the fizzy drinks and snacks myself, have put on weight and would love to see it reduced. Although there is a certain amount to be said for a little extra insulation in draughty houses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mcgrailg

To continue my recovery after being hit my a car in May and hopefully get back to work soon

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭milkycoffey

stop

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mlmcelligott

I want to finish this masters and put it to good use.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭milkycoffey

procrastinating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Ronan H

My New Year Resolution is to live with less and be grateful for all that I have :)!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement