Drink Of The Week - Page 17 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-08-2010, 22:49   #241
MOHPremierWine

NOMINATION Drink of the week

McGuigan's Signature Shiraz
A friend gave me this last week, and I blind-tasted it amongst other wines from Australia(a tough job but someone has to do it!). I was blown away to discover that it is currently in Tesco, reduced to €6.99. It knocked the socks off wines twice its price.
Made by a great wine-producing family down-under; I believe they have some connection with Armagh.
Atttractive aromas of vanilla and blueberry. Full-bodied, inky blueberry (ie sweet/savoury), plums, lead pencil, coffee, vanilla. Firm tannins. Really complex, amazing value at this price.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
30-09-2010, 19:52   #242
CFC1905_NK
Closed Account

NOMINATION

Vanilla Coke

Ingredients: 1 part vodka, 1 part vanilla schnapps, 4 parts Coca-Cola
Where/how much: Captain America's Blanchardstown(and probably the other Cpt Americas too), €3 on a Wednesday night(not sure about other nights)
Why I chose it: Reminds me of the Coca-Cola Vanilla which was sold in Ireland a few years back. Was one of my favourite soft drinks and I can relive it(sort of) with this.
15-05-2012, 18:42   #243
calvin_zola
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFC1905_NK View Post
Vanilla Coke

Ingredients: 1 part vodka, 1 part vanilla schnapps, 4 parts Coca-Cola
Where/how much: Captain America's Blanchardstown(and probably the other Cpt Americas too), €3 on a Wednesday night(not sure about other nights)
Why I chose it: Reminds me of the Coca-Cola Vanilla which was sold in Ireland a few years back. Was one of my favourite soft drinks and I can relive it(sort of) with this.
u can get that vanilla coke in them retro sweet shops now... u can by them online aswell...case of twelve = 18€
13-11-2012, 23:42   #244
Dar93ragh

Nomination For Drink Of The Week.
Desperdos
Tequila Beer
€5

20-04-2013, 04:34   #245
grenache

Send a message via MSN to grenache
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar93ragh View Post
Nomination For Drink Of The Week.
Desperdos
Tequila Beer
€5

Advertisement
12-10-2013, 10:07   #246
MonstaMash
Closed Account

This... http://greatbrewers.com/product/flyi...dog-barleywine
Thanks from:
04-12-2013, 00:20   #247
Cartel Mike

Highland Park 12 yr old Scotch whisky.

I've only ever went as far up as 12 yr Irish whisky (availablity & price) and mistook this for Irish whisky in Sainsburys when I bought it (in the north)

I now consider it the finest whisky I have drank so far.
Bought a bottle of Laphroaig(10 yr scotch) last week and although it will blow your head off ,taste wise for me, it's not a patch on Highland park. Proper sweet 'n' smokey.
Delish ....9.5/10
(2) thanks from:
04-12-2013, 06:18   #248
The_Conductor
Dinosaur Train!

I have to add 20 year old Jameson to the list.
Its so damn expensive @ list price, you really need to get it on promotion (which does actually happen once in a blue moon).

I think most quality whiskey, grows smoother, sweeter and has nice flavours acquired from the cask it was aged in. Jameson use sherry casks.

Properly aged Irish or Scotch, is a treat that cannot be over rated.
31-12-2013, 10:48   #249
CiaranS

Christmas wine highlights

3 bottles stood out from the many sampled . A lovely Barossa Shiraz from M&S - Ebenezer €22; Vina Mara Rioja Reserva from Tesco €11.50 (on promo); and with the Christmas turkey dinner - Red Claw Pinot Noir €27 from M&S. We drink a fair bit of wine and are usually not fans of Pinot Noir so were very pleasantly surprised by that last one.
Advertisement
05-01-2014, 23:08   #250
BaZmO*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiaranS View Post
3 bottles stood out from the many sampled . A lovely Barossa Shiraz from M&S - Ebenezer €22; Vina Mara Rioja Reserva from Tesco €11.50 (on promo); and with the Christmas turkey dinner - Red Claw Pinot Noir €27 from M&S. We drink a fair bit of wine and are usually not fans of Pinot Noir so were very pleasantly surprised by that last one.
M&S do a really nice Pinot Noir from New Zealand. Can't remember the name but it's the one with the picture of the guys doing the various moves of the Haka.
Thanks from:
23-10-2014, 15:04   #251
Thorton

My Drink of this week is "Confederados Cocktail" . I was make it in my home. Actually i drinking seasonally. At this season i like this one.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion