Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Students

Options
  • 30-09-2010 1:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭

Well, college is certaintly back with a bang, as it is student night tonight and I'm being driven demented! I'm not being an old fart (I'm 25), but it's now 01.35am,I'm up at 7am and these little ****s are roaring and shouting up and down my road,heard a car being kicked and my neighbours windows were egged last night!

It just makes me laugh because come the end of august / early september, new students can be seen acting very angelic with their mammy and daddy, checking out the area making sure it's ok. I was walking one day when one of the mothers approached me and asked how quiet the area was and her little johnny is prob the g*b****e who is testing the loudness of his vocal chords on my road!

Guards won't do anything so no point calling! Anyone else got this problem

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

No I don't have old person disease yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

kill them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Nope. I don't live anywhere near colleges. Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

Goldenegg wrote: »
    Well, college is certaintly back with a bang, as it is student night tonight and I'm being driven demented! I'm not being an old fart (I'm 25), but it's now 01.35am,I'm up at 7am and these little ****s are roaring and shouting up and down my road,heard a car being kicked and my neighbours windows were egged last night!

It just makes me laugh because come the end of august / early september, new students can be seen acting very angelic with their mammy and daddy, checking out the area making sure it's ok. I was walking one day when one of the mothers approached me and asked how quiet the area was and her little johnny is prob the g*b****e who is testing the loudness of his vocal chords on my road!

I apologize on behalf of all students who actually go to college to learn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Go around all the non-students houses and tell everyone that at 1am to ignore any loud noises.

Then go outside at 1, fire 3 shots in the air and frighten the ****e out of them - if they call the gardai, the rest of the neighbours should back you up.

They certainly wont belive some drunk/high students :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Why would would buy a place around a college?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭KevinVonSpiel

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Go around all the non-students houses and tell everyone that at 1am to ignore any loud noises.

Then go outside at 1, fire 3 shots in the air and frighten the ****e out of them - if they call the gardai, the rest of the neighbours should back you up.

They certainly wont belive some drunk/high students :)

Seed of a good idea there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Goldenegg

I'd love to get a fog horn at 7am when he is dyin of a hangover and blast it thru the letter box!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭flas

I apologize on behalf of all students who actually go to college to learn

yeah because any student who goes out while in college doesn't learn. :rolleyes:

Oranage2 wrote: »

Because I grew up here,it's my family home...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭immature ejaculation

so instead of trying to ignore them you get up and complain on boards! Try ear plugs next night!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I'd love to get a fog horn at 7am when he is dyin of a hangover and blast it thru the letter box!

Don't start a match like that with students, you'll never win. While your busy in work they're hatching new schemes to drive you up the wall!

so instead of trying to ignore them you get up and complain on boards! Try ear plugs next night!
    Well it's a bit hard to ignore them so this is next best thing to be on :)

flas wrote: »
    yeah because any student who goes out while in college doesn't learn. :rolleyes:

there is adifference between going out, and going out on a wedesnday night, acting like a dick, and then being too hungover for morning lectures :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Because I grew up here,it's my family home...

Ok.
    In away i pitty people that live near colleges and nightclubs but come on gramps, put down the pipe and paper and party with them

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

No. When i call the guards they do something.

Well all anyone really ever gets it's, "ah sure,we will send a car up, check it out". That's the reason I can't be arsed! Believe me I would love to be out! But no matter how locked you are, roaring just makes someone look like an aggravated knob!

Well all anyone really ever gets it's, "ah sure,we will send a car up, check it out". That's the reason I can't be arsed! Believe me I would love to be out! But no matter how locked you are, roaring just makes someone look like an aggravated knob!

So you ring and they say we'll send a car up. What more do you want them to do? Dude ring the Gardai.

super-rush wrote: »
    So you ring and they say we'll send a car up. What more do you want them to do? Dude ring the Gardai.

Sorry, meant to say half the time it would take so long that everything would have subsided! I know it's not the guards fault!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

I was talking to a person who lives in a mainly studen populated area and he was telling me while there are some cons,the pros really outweigh them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭flas

there is adifference between going out, and going out on a wedesnday night, acting like a dick, and then being too hungover for morning lectures :P

wednesday was always one of the biggest nights out in college, most of the people in college with me were living away from home, it was grand for the dubs in the college, they all just went out at the weekends, but for anyone not from dublin midweek was always when we went out,had a laugh and still made lectures, dying or not! lectures didnt start til 2 on a thursday for me in all my years of college so was grand!

Garda, landlord, local council (noise by-laws) etc

However the best method I've found in the past is to talk to them and explain that you don't want their night to come to an end, but that they have to keep it down as you need to be up for work

If you go face-to-face, introduce yourself, get their names and be civil, 99 times out of 100 they'll respond to it

flas wrote: »
    wednesday was always one of the biggest nights out in college, most of the people in college with me were living away from home, it was grand for the dubs in the college, they all just went out at the weekends, but for anyone not from dublin midweek was always when we went out,had a laugh and still made lectures, dying or not! lectures didnt start til 2 on a thursday for me in all my years of college so was grand!

Fair enough then, I just see too many people who just couldn't be arsed coming in for the morning's due to being hung over.

Sorry, meant to say half the time it would take so long that everything would have subsided! I know it's not the guards fault!

If the guards keep getting reports about certain areas they will increase their patrols in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Oranage2 wrote: »

Fleetwood would, would Fleetwood. :p

If you go face-to-face, introduce yourself, get their names and be civil, 99 times out of 100 they'll respond to it

Actually thats a great way to do things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭McDougal

students are a waste of oxygen and the ones who do study all become greedy scumbag lawyers and bankers

McDougal wrote: »
    students are a waste of oxygen and the ones who do study all become greedy scumbag lawyers and bankers

Really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭McDougal

super-rush wrote: »
    Really?

Or they go work in marketing which is the most useless profession in the history of mankind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

McDougal wrote: »

Uhhh huh... :confused:

Do go on.

Advertisement