Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry to Dublin train hits herd of cattle

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭dowlingm

reilig wrote: »
    You are wrong there. Its Irish Rail's Legal Responsibility to fence along their track to prevent animals straying onto it. The farmer will be entitled to to full compensation from irish rail for his animals.
    In a situation where the farmer used an accommodation crossing to move animals, that would be moot. If the animals strayed due to insufficient fencing, that does appear to be an IE problem based on past cases.

If a non-farmer skipped through a level crossing and was hit the criticism here would be mighty and justifiably so. I don't see why farmers should be different and if the system is not working the answer is not to simply chance it but to demand a better one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

dfx- wrote: »
    And within 5 posts, the term legal responsibility was used in defence of Irish rail. It is inevitable if this thread is serious that it happens.

I know which thread I'd prefer. :)

Isn't that what afterhours is for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

dowlingm wrote: »
    In a situation where the farmer used an accommodation crossing to move animals, that would be moot. If the animals strayed due to insufficient fencing, that does appear to be an IE problem based on past cases.

If a non-farmer skipped through a level crossing and was hit the criticism here would be mighty and justifiably so. I don't see why farmers should be different and if the system is not working the answer is not to simply chance it but to demand a better one.

We have land along a train line and it has always been fenced and the fence maintained by irish rail. Last year some cattle knocked the wire and got out onto the track and 1 was killed. We received compensation from Irish Rail for it

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

foggy_lad wrote: »
    my conscience is clear but if you feel the need to share anything or just to let people know you are not involved with any transport company etc the conflict of interest thread is always open! And in this instance it might explain all the above insider knowledge you seem to have.

LOL.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

KC61 wrote: »
    Isn't that what afterhours is for?

Is it that black-and-white?

• Advertisement
Advertisement