Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Championship Fantasy Draft

Options
  • 24-06-2010 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭

Right along with the usual prediction thread which will probably appear coming up to the European Championships i thought might try have a different format

Rules
    1. After everyone has signed up i will do a random draw and each person will be given your pick number
    2.There will be 8 rounds in which each person will get to pick an athlete of there choice one at a time from first pick all the way down. Once an athlete has been picked no one else can pick the same athlete eg. (1st pick is Bolt so no one else can select Bolt).
    3. To make it fair every round the order in which a picker chooses their athlete is reversed i.e first pick in Rd.1 is last pick in Rd. 2
    4. Each athlete will be rated on their positioning and given points in accordance
    5. 7 best scores count
    6. If two people end up with same total points the 8th athlete will come into play as a Tie Breaker

I will post the scoring system in a bit. I am gonna set the closing date to sign up for 30th of June to give time for each round of picking. There will be three days for each round of picking from 1st July-24th July.
    So who is interested?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

In.

Good idea - an interesting alternative to a prediction comp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Count me in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

Count me in too. Is it just Irish or all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Tingle wrote: »
    Count me in too. Is it just Irish or all?

I think this one should be all countries and leave the prediction one to Irish only

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭longjump67

will have to brush up on my technical events, but game for a laugh. count me in :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Count me in, its a shame theres no iaaf season long competition this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

Sounds good, count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Fair play, ecoli. Well thought out rules.

Just a query: if an athlete has more than one event do all the scores for that athlete count?

Does anyone have a fantasy 'power' ranking for Europe's top 200 athletes? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Good idea, in.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Fair play, ecoli. Well thought out rules.

Just a query: if an athlete has more than one event do all the scores for that athlete count?

Does anyone have a fantasy 'power' ranking for Europe's top 200 athletes? :)

Fair point. For athletes in more than one event only there best event will count (if they are 2nd in 200m and 1st in the 100m then the 100 is what counts).
    Will also include one "trade day" in which if boardsies can come to an agreement they are able to swap athletes (this will only last for 24hrs and is there for people if they really really want a particular athlete and will come after all eight rounds have been done)

• Advertisement

Also here is a list of the season rankings for guidance

http://www.european-athletics.org/european-season-lists.html

Thanks for that. Count me in.

Hey Guys
    Sorry been away for a few days but here goes picks

1st round
    1.| Longjump67||Till 12.00am 1st
    2.| Pherekydes| |8am-2pm on 2nd
    3.| myflipflops| |2-8pm on 2nd
    4.| Rineanna| |8pm-10am on 3rd
    5.| Woddle||10am-4pm on the 3rd
    6.| BriandeRunner||4pm to 10pm on 3rd
    7.| Tingle||10pm to 12pm on 4th
    8.| ecoli||12pm-4pm
    9.| 04072511||4pm- 12am

I know it is not fully fair as how much people log on but to allow all picks to be made in time for the championship am gonna put a time limit on each persons pick. If a person does not pick in this time it will move to the next person and at the end of the round that person will get to pick. Also to give people a few hours to pick i am going to cut it to seven picks rather than eight. Tried to do the time table as fair as i can and taken into account unsociable hours.

See i am first on the list for round 1, is there a list or a particular event that is up first :confused:
    I am travelling down to Tullamore this weekend to see my daughter compete in the All-Ireland juvenile champs so will do my picks today if that is all right

longjump67 wrote: »
    See i am first on the list for round 1, is there a list or a particular event that is up first :confused:
    I am travelling down to Tullamore this weekend to see my daughter compete in the All-Ireland juvenile champs so will do my picks today if that is all right

You can pick any athlete from any event they dont have to be in any order. You have till twelve tonight to make you first pick. Second round timetable will be posted and is due to start on monday but you will be last pick in the second round so it will be Wed for you second round pick. Once you have picked the next player will have what ever time is left over in your pick as well as you own. For example if you pick now Phrekydes has from time you pick till end of there own deadline. at this stage you just pick one athlete

ok to start the ball rolling I pick
    Dwain Chambers in the Mens 100m
    Just a thought is Chambers allowed to compete?

If ineligable then I pick
    Ale Bezabem (Spain) 5,000m

1.| Longjump67|Dwain Chambers|Till 12.00am 1st
    2.| Pherekydes| |till 2pm on 2nd
    3.| myflipflops| |2-8pm on 2nd
    8.| ecoli||12pm-4pm
    9.| 04072511||4pm- 12am

Cant see why not running WC and World indoors and being on the team championship squad

*Woohoo 2000th post :)

I'm pretty certain Chambers is eligible, so Bezabeh should be available to whoever wants to pick him.

My pick is Teddy Tamgho.

There is a bonus for world records, right? :)

Best of luck to all competing in the Fantasy league :D

1.| Longjump67|Dwain Chambers|
    2.| Pherekydes|Teddy Tamgho |
    3.| myflipflops| |Till 8pm on 2nd
    8.| ecoli||12pm-4pm
    9.| 04072511||4pm- 12am

Next up my flipflops and were making up major time hopefully continues as smoothly so it can be completely fair for people to get their choices

• Advertisement

I'm pretty certain Chambers is eligible, so Bezabeh should be available to whoever wants to pick him.

My pick is Teddy Tamgho.

+2 points for a WR or ER
    +1 point for a NR

My pick is Teddy Tamgho.

Saw Tamgho in the European cup wasnt overly impressed but ur right maybe in with a chance of a WR, Nice pick ;)

longjump67 wrote: »
    Saw Tamgho in the European cup wasnt overly impressed but ur right maybe in with a chance of a WR, Nice pick ;)

Chambers was first on my list. :mad: :D

+2 points for a WR or ER
    +1 point for a NR

Boo hiss.

Can i be cheeky and pick the Russian Womens 4X 400 relay squad?

Chambers was first on my list. :mad: :D

Boo hiss.

this will be evaluated when i do up the full scoring system over the next few days looking at it now it may be a little low in terms of scoring we should try the american approach of high scores to keep the public interested:p

Can i be cheeky and pick the Russian Womens 4X 400 relay squad?

well if people dont have a problem with you making you four picks at once:D dont think it worth it 4 athletes for 1 set of points lol nice try though;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

9th Pick :mad: The draft lottery has not been kind to me :D

04072511 wrote: »
    9th Pick :mad: The draft lottery has not been kind to me :D

Ah but round 2 your 1st pick and second round will be when it starts to get tricky when all the obvious ones are gone so being first there could be a blessing in disguise:)

ecoli wrote: »
    well if people dont have a problem with you making you four picks at once:D dont think it worth it 4 athletes for 1 set of points lol nice try though;)

Damn it. You and your rules and your fair play.........

I'll take Jessica Ennis so.

• Advertisement

1.| Longjump67|Dwain Chambers|
    2.| Pherekydes|Teddy Tamgho |
    3.| myflipflops|Jessica Ennis |
    4.| Rineanna| |till-10am on 3rd
    8.| ecoli||12pm-4pm
    9.| 04072511||4pm- 12am