Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christie Mc Manus Memorial Saturday 12/06/10

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

How did anyone ever race before that internet and the proliferation of such information ? :rolleyes:

Bob, seems a lot of people were out trying this and giving it support. Voting with their wheels as it were (and wallets actually, so genuinely supporting the race).

...where were you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

Well I suppose as an active member here and a Comittee member of Bray Wheelers, I could step my game up a bit more and post all relevant info on Bray Wheelers events here in FULL,and also make sure all the info is posted on our site, for those that don't use this forum. It is something that I'm going to bring up at the next meeting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Bob, seems a lot of people were out trying this and giving it support. Voting with their wheels as it were (and wallets actually, so genuinely supporting the race).

...where were you?

Where exactly is that any of your business?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

giannip wrote: »

Having said that, the A2 group didn't seem too inclined to race either once they caught everyone.....

Tell that to the breakaway riders!!! Of which 2 managed to stay away to the finish

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Where exactly is that any of your business?

I just can't understand how you can be so critical of people who went out early on a saturday morning to take part in a race. And I'm the one with the minor complaint, Diarmuid just didn't find the course suited his racing style.

Were you there? Were you out giving your support or taking part?

No, you come onto the internet and as usual take pot shots at amateur riders, guys who race for fun and personal achievement, not to make it as a professional. You are always so quick to defend the pros, but you don't seem to extend this to amateurs. I just think it's pretty ridiculous, your comments and polls are no different than the criticisms about professional and upcoming riders that you so despise.

Double standards man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Unfortunately I'm locking this so I don't start banning people.

xz - good to see a positive response to some positive 'criticism' of the event.

@ everyone else. Stop picking once asked to. I'm stuck between locking a reasonably good thread or banning several forum regulars.

avail for reopen by other mods if they feel like babysitting it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement