Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-12-2009, 21:27   #1
paul 12g

Gun Licence

Hi all,

Just a quick question in relation to applying for a firearm's licence.
I have the firearm cert application form filled in but
there is a section = Previous History, which I need a help with. It asks "Have you ever been found guilty of, or do you have charges pending for, any offence in Ireland or abroad?
Now, I was in court 4 yrs ago, in 2005 in relation to a very small amount of canabis that a guard found on me. Just woundering, will this go against my application? I also answered yes to the above question and also have a firearm training cert but have not yet sent of this application form. And also have a deposit paid on a shotgun.

If anyone would know anything about this, I would be greatful for some feedback.

Cheers, Paul.
Advertisement
08-12-2009, 22:59   #2
endasmail

your best bet is arrange a meeting with the superintendent and have a chat with him and explain your predictament
take it from there
08-12-2009, 23:23   #3
foxshooter243
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul 12g View Post
Hi all,

Just a quick question in relation to applying for a firearm's licence.
I have the firearm cert application form filled in but
there is a section = Previous History, which I need a help with. It asks "Have you ever been found guilty of, or do you have charges pending for, any offence in Ireland or abroad?
Now, I was in court 4 yrs ago, in 2005 in relation to a very small amount of canabis that a guard found on me. Just woundering, will this go against my application? I also answered yes to the above question and also have a firearm training cert but have not yet sent of this application form. And also have a deposit paid on a shotgun.

If anyone would know anything about this, I would be greatful for some feedback.

Cheers, Paul.
good advice from endasmail, hide nothing from them on your application, fill it in that you have had a conviction and either write out an explanatory letter and hand it in along with he application or go along and discuss it,
I know lads who have done worse in their past and the garda let it be water under the bridge, an open policy is the best way forward.
You wont be the only person who ticked that box!..good luck with your application
08-12-2009, 23:24   #4
Cass

Send a message via MSN to Cass
Welcome aboard paul 12g,

Your super like most others will be up to his eyes in applications so a meeting, while a good idea, may not be necessary from the get-go. Your previous conviction will turn up whether you declare it or not when they do the back round check. Their biggest concern would be convictions for violent conudct and the sort (imho). No-one but your Super can decide whether it will be a problem or not so anything i or others say would be simple conjecture.

Send off your application and on the "additional information" sheet write a small note outlining your position and provide your contact details again and an agreement to meet should it be necessary. Its easy to say but try not to overstress about it.
09-12-2009, 01:21   #5
happyjack

responce

Removing the post I put here as I reckon it had little to do with the tread, sorry.

HJ

Last edited by happyjack; 10-12-2009 at 02:51.
Advertisement
09-12-2009, 06:47   #6
Traumadoc

????
This has nothing to do with suicide prevention.

Go and talk to the super.
09-12-2009, 10:40   #7
paul 12g

thanks lads for the info ... if any more info tat can help me plz let me no thanks again

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion