Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The man flu, Support Thread....

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Been laid up with it since xmas eve only getting back to normal now and still struggling to get shut of the cough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I've been sick since last year, its just terrible. I may have to Mary Harney about building a hospital in my back garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Had the man flu twice in the last five weeks. Not good.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Had the man flu twice in the last five weeks. Not good.

Sounds like some mild form of the beast that is man flu, man flu twice in 5 weeks would kill an elephant at least the dose i had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

does it start with headache shivers ?and sticky eyes im not looking for
    heatlth help i just wanna no the symptons

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I've was sick twice in December!! :eek:

I never normally get sick!! Coming to the tail end of a man flu at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I'm a real man, I don't get the manflu! :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I havnt had it yet, but I'm feeling it come on. I think staying in bed for a few days with a couple of bottles of whiskey ought to do the trick...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Yeah, had it.. replacing it now with a throat and ear infection. Feckin foreigners.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Ive been sick since early November! Its alot lighter now. Just a cough, headache and sniffles now!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Had it. got rid of it. Had it again, got rid of it again. Got it a 3rd time. ah well!

ive got a feeling its going to be two doovays 2 pairs of tracsuit botim's 2 thermals and a hoodie and sweat it out of me i dont wanna be sick

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

Ya got the day i got off work 23th and only got over it on the 30th not nice at all knocked me for 6

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

had it in november for about a week, got rid of it by just staying in bed with the heat on full blast, and took paracetemol every four hours when awake. The rest of my family have been catching it over the xmas, they're all on antibiotics, and are all still sick.

regular paracetemol and Hot chicken noodle soup with loads of pepper is your only man;), and if you smoke, avoid it, you just fee llike shit after you have one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭abi2007

you men are such wouses.. not only do you have your own 'flu' but you have to start a thread about it too!!

abi2007 wrote: »
    you men are such wouses.. not only do you have your own 'flu' but you have to start a thread about it too!!

I gotta sihn on tomorow and get all thta sort of stuf done so im ready to rock and roll no moneys and i gotta find a job before therers none left ..... i want this gone quick plus im playing airsoft this weekend ...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

I have it now :(.

Not nice at all, especailly on one of the busiest days of the year in work.

The only way i get a day off is with a death cert (or if i literally get sick... have to leave then) so man flu means another day at work for poor old me. Still, the craic was good. Neurofen +, lots of water, Vit C and keep your head down. Being busy stops you feeling sorry for yourself ;) now i'm home i can wrap up and be miserable again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Another thread here on how they suffer with the man-flu:)
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055450227

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Have it. Its hard to shake and it really exausted me.I fealt like a zombie death corpse.

GF had it too and nursed me with love and care and devotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

on my 3rd dose in the last month just now, really feeling under the weather again and got to work in the morning. :(

different symptoms each time too, so really going through the ringer in every way possible. funnily enough i got the flu jab last year as i'm a contractor and don't get paid sick days so for a tenner it was a bargain. meant to get i tthis year but never got round to it. all ready gost me over a weeks wages between the doses so i won't be forgetting next year. poxy thing. :(

• Advertisement

CDfm wrote: »
    Have it. Its hard to shake and it really exausted me.I fealt like a zombie death corpse.

GF had it too and nursed me with love and care and devotion.

she wants a diamond ring...or stupid

she wants a diamond ring...or stupid

Ive decided something i dont like your attude........

thats cause you're a big softy in the bath with your ducks:D

themadchef wrote: »
    I have it now :(.

Not nice at all, especailly on one of the busiest days of the year in work.

The only way i get a day off is with a death cert (or if i literally get sick... have to leave then) so man flu means another day at work for poor old me. Still, the craic was good. Neurofen +, lots of water, Vit C and keep your head down. Being busy stops you feeling sorry for yourself ;) now i'm home i can wrap up and be miserable again.

Theres nothing worse then being in a kitchen and being ill, espechilly with a headache and some high pitched screaming waitress.... :mad: .... she was my girl firendish noen comital arguments where bitchy and mean, the make up sex was great :D.....

punchs on the shoulder gte well man....

thats beside from the point and leave the ducks out of this there my friends :).....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

I'm female is it possible for mo to get it? I have a strain I thought was surely fatal. A cough that feels like chards of metal are floating around in my lungs and tearing my ospheicaus -sp- and throat.
    Sniff sniff. Been drinking honey lemon and egg feeling sorry for myself for 2 days now nearly over it. Ear is sore now though :(
    Couldnt ware my new dress on NYE :mad:

Thats truly awful and perjorative - save that attitude for the Ladies Lounge.If it was "woman flu" a pandemic would have been declared and free clinics and screening programmes would be in place.

Typical woman.

they wont let me in:rolleyes:

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    I'm female is it possible for mo to get it? I have a strain I thought was surely fatal. A cough that feels like chards of metal are floating around in my lungs and tearing my ospheicaus -sp- and throat.
    Sniff sniff. Been drinking honey lemon and egg feeling sorry for myself for 2 days now nearly over it. Ear is sore now though :(
    Couldnt ware my new dress on NYE :mad:

no you get bird flu, if you want sympathy go to the ladys lounge :p...
    hope this helps :)

• Advertisement

My OH prepared a bath with essential oils to clear my chest.

Thats cos some women are caring.

Advertisement