Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The world is ****ed...

• 26-04-2007 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 81,751 ✭✭✭✭

White people are racists pricks; America is a fear driven country backed by a WMD arsenal large enough to destroy this planet many times over; the consumption of oil is destroying our environment regardless; Hurricanes are only going to get worse this year; in less than 5 years there will be a terrorist attack that will make 9/11 look like a bedtime story; Labour force getting screwed; Students killing everyone and then killing themselves; Jihads all over the shop; Civil war; Religion unites people; Religion divides people; Protectionism; The new dawn of the Chinese Military; Japan in R&D of Mobile suits (maybe, but really I'm just kidding); Supercomputers tracking our every move; Anubis asteroid set to kill us all in 30 years; The value of human life drops to pre-society levels; the United Nations begins to lose its meaning; Bin Laden is still missing; Murder and Rape and crime are steadily on the rise to the point where society is learning to become complacent; Milk begins to cost more than gasoline; Labour force getting screwed over again; Corporations that don't perceive the individual; Medical Care continues to be governed by Capitalism; the Ozone layer is failing dramatically; and inflation will always return to **** you up the ass.

The world is ****ed.....

...and you still care about whether I smoke cannabis.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

So whats new? :D

Well there are trees, rainbows and other pretty stuff out there. So the world isn't that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,751 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Well the idea Im trying to get at in my little poem here is that "can we not just let the little things go? Everyones gonna be dead in 30 years or less anyway"

EDIT: and like all wise people, lets not worry about THAT either: just get down to doing whatever we want. sseize the moment and all the gobbledegook.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

You forgot to mention that text speak is destroying civilization as we know it. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Try the other side of the bed tomorrow morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

Overheal wrote:
    White people are racists pricks; America is a fear driven country backed by a WMD arsenal large enough to destroy this planet many times over; the consumption of oil is destroying our environment regardless; Hurricanes are only going to get worse this year; in less than 5 years there will be a terrorist attack that will make 9/11 look like a bedtime story; Labour force getting screwed; Students killing everyone and then killing themselves; Jihads all over the shop; Civil war; Religion unites people; Religion divides people; Protectionism; The new dawn of the Chinese Military; Japan in R&D of Mobile suits (maybe, but really I'm just kidding); Supercomputers tracking our every move; Anubis asteroid set to kill us all in 30 years; The value of human life drops to pre-society levels; the United Nations begins to lose its meaning; Bin Laden is still missing; Murder and Rape and crime are steadily on the rise to the point where society is learning to become complacent; Milk begins to cost more than gasoline; Labour force getting screwed over again; Corporations that don't perceive the individual; Medical Care continues to be governed by Capitalism; the Ozone layer is failing dramatically; and inflation will always return to **** you up the ass.

The world is ****ed.....

You forgot to mention that bees are dying out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

Overheal wrote:

The world is ****ed.....

Bravo my friend! I'm with you all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

you forgot to mention the new dawn of the Chinese military

oh wait, no you didn't. Carry on.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

hmm twiglets.

Let's not forget about the obsessive taxation; the dwindling thoughts that maybe if you worked all your life MAYBE you'll own a house; governments and jobs that don't care about your happiness or wellbeing or intellectual development; people who don't care for each other; people who are arguing whether or not America & Great Britain should remain killing women & children in Iraq from the comforts of their homes/air conditioned offices and let's not forget, George Bush is still in office...

Of 27 statement, only two are actually facts. The rest are either horrific generalisations, pure speculation, or otherwise undirected meaningless random statements.

So what the **** are you talking about? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Well sitting around on your hole all day smoking cannabis is really going to sort that lot out. 4/20 man smoke everyday you useless hippy.

seamus wrote:
    Of 27 statement, only two are actually facts. The rest are either horrific generalisations, pure speculation, or otherwise undirected meaningless random statements.

So what the **** are you talking about? :)

Erm, no, they are all true.

Well sitting around on your hole all day smoking cannabis is really going to sort that lot out. 4/20 man smoke everyday you useless hippy.

I suppose you're talking about the OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Overheal wrote:

The world is ****ed.....

and genghis Khan nearly wiped out europe. Didn't stop things progressing from there.

The beauty of a dawn, the look in a lovers eyes, Friendship. Simply stopping to look around you at what is happening NOW at what you can see and just admiring it.

I don't care if you smoke cannavis, thugh it can cause depression

So Glad wrote:
    Erm, no, they are all true.
    Care to run me through them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Overheal wrote:

The world is ****ed.....

Your world is shit because

wait for it

wait for it

you smoke cannabis!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭imeatingchips

Overheal wrote:
    ...White people are racists pricks...
    is that not a racist thing to say?! anyway, most people (all colours) are racist anyway and racism is a form of prejudice and prejudice is necesary (unless you're naive in which case it's strictly at odds with your naiveness). how else would you know if something's probably good or bad for you? how do insurance companies make money? with prejudice : why should an 18 year old lad in a souped up civic pay more than some lil oul nun? Why does a barman say "shyyite..." when a gang of trvellers sit down for a days drinking? why do airport police run indepth checks on middle eastern gentlemen? Why do the words "nigerian" and "scam" appear in the same sentence so often? why do the irish drink so much (and yes, we do)?

I'll tell you why: cos it's likely.
    Overheal wrote:
    ...in less than 5 years there will be a terrorist attack that will make 9/11 look like a bedtime story

have u no idea whats going on in iraq? 3000 dead people is like a bedtime story compared to the goings on over there.

and what has the word "terrorist" got to do with it? if you were about to be blown up would you care that the person who came up with the idea was wearing a suit or not or that your killer has a salary and pension?

edit: ps. fair play to ye for being a stoner and up writing a rant like that at 805 in the morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Thats the problem with stoners - they think too much

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

OP: Meh, you're only going to be here for another 50 odd years hopefully so why not just enjoy as much of it as possible?

Yeah the world is ****ed but my plan is to end up on some nice little isolated island in the pacific. Play music, drink, smoke and die laughing. Not much you can do to change the madness of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

~Leanne~ wrote:
    Thats the problem with stoners - they think too much

or even worse they actually think their thoughts are unique, insightful and revelations...

This miscreant needs to get a hobby

I think people who go on about the world being screwed and about how it's all going to be gone in fifty years are just trying to make excuses as to why they shouldn't work.

Go and have a shower and shave and go out and get a job you filthy hippies.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Overheal wrote:
    Do I look bovvered? I think not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Overheal wrote:
    White people are racists pricks;

While I presume your white and Irish, I can still smell the irony.

btw, apart from the law and possibly your parents, who gives a bollix that you smoke hash?:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Yeah we're f*cked, so what. The world was here before us, and it'll be here long after us. Not really worth losing sleep over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Plissken1

I don't honestly think that the Irish give a **** about any of this, They are all too busy working their way up that Class Ladder. They have too much on their plates already trying to keep up with the Jones's, they just have to get the Mercedes, no matter how much it or petrol costs. Yes, the people of UrbanSprawLand as it should be re-named (or maybe New Essex would be another name), are too busy getting rid of their country accents and working on the plastic English accents just in time for their summer holdays, so they can impress everyone, and act cultured. ye mate .. we couldnt care less !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

everything looks ok to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I agree... Damn hippies and their stoned posting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

Overheal wrote:

The world is ****ed.....

Who's Mr. Grumpy Shoes today?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Jesus lad what kind of weed are you smoking? Don't believe the media hype, the world is a buetiful place, your next door neighbours more than likely not a serial killer/peadophile or terrorist. We're far better off now than we've ever been throughout the history of mankind.