Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barry/Franknfurter

Options
  • 10-02-2007 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Barry aka Franknfurter, my husband and the moderator of this forum, passed away two nights ago after a sudden seizure in his sleep.

I know he cared for so many people here, and i wanted to thank everyone who cared for him back.

Noah

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sorry for your loss, Noah. Really liked having Barry around here and always thought of him as kind, loving person. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

RIP Barry.

My deepest condolences.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I'm sorry for your loss.

RIP Barry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭nando

I'm so sorry for your loss. That's such a shock!

I'm only a short term poster on this forum but a long time lurker and Franknfurter was such a helpful, knowledgable poster and moderater. He will be a great loss to boards, particularly this section, and to all the animals he cared for and loved too.

Sorry again, I can only imagine what you're going through at the moment. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

My sincerest condolences, Noah & His family.
    RIP, Ff.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,710 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

My sincerest condolences. RIP, Barry.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

That's a real shock.
    I'm sorry for your loss Noah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I'm so sorry to hear that Noah, RIP Barry.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

May Barry rest in peace.

My thoughts are with you and your family Noah.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

So sorry to hear this news Noah. RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Thats terrible, My deepest sympathies Noah. He'll be missed greatly in these parts, he always came across an extremely sincere and decent person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

Thats shocking news
    Rest in Peace Barry

my condolances Noah - I am so very sorry for your loss .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I am deeply saddened by this news. Franknfurter was a familiar name here, and his sincerity and commonsense will be missed.

My condolences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭karlin

I'm so sorry, Noah. I'd been in contact with him about rescue in the past and had quite a few emails conversations with him about a year ago. A very nice and decent person. Many will miss him and his cheerful participation. Take care of yourself, as this must be a difficult time for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I am sorry that he has left this life so soon and that you will miss him so Noah.
    But may he rest in the summerlands until the Godess needs him again and
    May ye meet, know and love again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i bought a phone off him from the FS forum about two years ago. nice guy. RIP Barry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Jesus, I'm shocked. I can't believe it. He was one of the very few boards people I met in real life. A great guy. He will be missed. RIP.
    My deepest sympathies to Noah, his family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

My deepest sympathies. Rip

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I only knew Barry from his posts here (FranknFurter), but I'm truly saddened by this news. His contribution here, on many subjects, will be missed.

Sincere condolences to Noah and the rest of his family.

RIP FranknFurter.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

My most sincerely condolences to you Noah, and your family and friends.
    Rest in peace Barry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Garth

Deepest condolences Noah. Barry was a real presence in all of our (cyber) lives, and will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I am very shocked and sorry to hear this. Barry will be deeply missed.
    My sincere condolences, Noah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Very sad news indeed, didnt know him well but i seen him post around a bit and he seemed like a really nice guy.

See ya on the flip side...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SMK

I am really shocked at the news. I've emailed Barry a few times over the last year or so. I adopted his cat Claymore and I know a few of the antics and tricks the cat gets up to were taught to him by Barry! I'm very sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Sincere condolences. Such a shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I'd just like to echo what people are saying on here Noah, sincerest condolences and R.I.P. Barry. He will be missed by all of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

He was one of the posters that always stood out to me. His posts were always worth reading, and he often made good, original, and useful points. I was looking forward to meeting him.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Condolences, Noah.

Rest in Peace :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭Vexorg

RIP Barry, I am sorry I never met you.

Noah my condolences, if there is any thing we can do, please let me know.

Vexorg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

I didn't interact much with the guy and I think we mostly argued but my god Barry was someone that seemed unphased by the slings and arrows of life and in fact his general attitude was a defiant "That all you got?". The world is colder now. Condolences Noah.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement