Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OT:anyone leaving ireland for vegas soon please read

Options
  • 25-07-2006 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭

ok this is obviously off topic but i couldn't think of anywhere i could post this that it was likely i would get a reply,so if the mods could leave it up for a day or two i'd really appreciate it...

i just arrived in vegas yesterday and i'm playing the $1500 nlhe event and the main event
    everything is going according to plan,with one exception-i had to leave my house for the airport earlier than anticipated,and so i didn't have time to bring over some irish tea,and i cant be playing the world series drinking whatever dodgy tea they'll have over here...
    as far as i'm concerned this is pretty disasterous,so if anyone heading over before the main event brings over a box of barry's red label tea* i'll give them $50 for it
    you can send me a pm here,or email me at robinlacey at gmail if you're going to be heading over...
    thanks in advance,
    robin

*barry's gold label or lyon's pyramids would be an acceptable substitute if it came to it,not barry's green label though,that stuff is raspy...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

if you can find a meijers store they have a european section that should have it.they did when i was in michigan for a few months last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

LOL, this is the funniest thread I've ever read!
    You have to be taking the piss!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭carrigeen

on the way dont worry about the $50

we'll be over tomorrow

p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I don't know whether this should be stickied or if I should escalate the issue and ask one of the boards.ie admins to make a site-wide announcement!

For such an important and vital problem I will not lock or delete this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

OMG!! lol! This is serious. I owe you for reminding me to pack the lions tea bags. Seriously. No joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

When I was in vegas I was in a shop that sold the evening herald so getting a packet of barrys shouldn't be to difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Boards Poker Wiki at least lmfao!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

New contender for thread of the month!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

I think you played this hand very badly, after missing the flop you should laydown the hand and have a cup of

GOLDBLEND COFFEE

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Ill know who to ask for teabags so. I didnt bother this year as its very hard to get kettles or milk over here - tea and creamer is horrible. Would suggest bringing a kettle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭sendic

bohsman wrote:
    Would suggest bringing a kettle.

and a voltage convertor...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭accensi0n

standard

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Easy fold.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

BigDragon wrote:
    Boards Poker Wiki at least lmfao!

Im on it
    And done
    http://www.boards.ie/wiki/index.php/Board:Poker

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Value bet the River but fold to a re-raise...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

ill see your barry's tea bag and raise you a rich tea biscuit :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

LOL...this is sooo Irish,the OP is in the "Sin City" and all he is worried about is Barry's red label tea.Your priest would be proud of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Dub13 wrote:
    LOL...this is sooo Irish,the OP is in the "Sin City" and all he is worried about is Barry's red label tea.Your priest would be proud of you.

maybe he's got a tea leaf fettish and his skin is sensitive to other brands?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭marius

robinlacey wrote:
    brings over a box of barry's red label tea*

*barry's gold label or lyon's pyramids would be an acceptable substitute if it came to it,not barry's green label though,that stuff is raspy...

May I compliment you on your choice of tea's. Barry's red label is the only way to go. I think my Granny would like you;)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Who has the Tayto? I think this food issue should have been allocated via agreement before ye all went out.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

Are you Daniel O'Donnell in disguise ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

robinlacey wrote:
    i just arrived in vegas yesterday and i'm playing the $1500 nlhe event and the main event
    everything is going according to plan,with one exception-i had to leave my house for the airport earlier than anticipated,and so i didn't have time to bring over some irish tea,and i cant be playing the world series drinking whatever dodgy tea they'll have over here...
    as far as i'm concerned this is pretty disasterous,so if anyone heading over before the main event brings over a box of barry's red label tea* i'll give them $50 for it.
    Don't be late he's nervous enough as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

patmac wrote:
    lolololol:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

im not finished yet sean...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

We'll have to send out a red cross parcel. Barry's tea, Tayto, black pudding, rashers [you can't get daecent ones over there] denny's sausages, soda bread, a drop of the hard stuff and a Dubliners CD on it's way. Oh and Silvermints incase you meet any ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

SoBe wrote:
    ill see your barry's tea bag and raise you a rich tea biscuit :D

and a Jammy Dodger:p

Red Lemonade...

Its an Irish-Only phenomenom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

LOL :D
    *best poker thread ever*

Oh and don’t forget Cadbury’s Dairy Milk/Whole Nut/Fruit & Nut, the Chocolate in the US is pants, + u’ll need an ice box for this. Their (Candy bars <-FFS) are pure muck, I dare anyone to eat a dark plain Herehsy(<sp) bar and not hurl ……er dude J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

patmac wrote:

omg i never saw this thread before, sheer gold. hilarious post patmac.

Advertisement