Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Epson Stylus SX515W High-Speed All-in-One Printer with Individual Inks and Wi-Fi €45

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

I have this printer/scanner etc. etc.

It's very, very good. Easy to set up through wireless too.

Good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I paid 90 something a few weeks ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Le King wrote: »
    I have this printer/scanner etc. etc.

It's very, very good. Easy to set up through wireless too.

Good value.

Will it accept compatible printer inks ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Will it accept compatible printer inks ?

Ye. If using compatible ones, i would start straight with them, dont put the branded ones into it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Are you sure it was this printer, they also have the sx115 for 45 euro which i bought last week, perhaps you saw the price tag for that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

I just picked this up in tesco portlaoise its marked 89.99 on shelf but is scanning at 44.99 thanks OP i was looking online 4 a deal i got the last one so none left in portlaoise

• Registered Users Posts: 17,997 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Best thing about this printer is you can pick up the compatiable inks for a few € each. I have a printer that takes the same cartridges, I get them from our office supplies provider in work for €1.75 each + vat and theres loads of ink in them more than the genuine epson ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Cheers OP! Ran into jervis St this morning hoping that my fellow boardsies were still in bed! First popped into PC World next door to see if they stocked it and they did - at 139.99 :eek:

Thought that the OP must have made a mistake with the model no :o. Went to the computer section in Tesco and couldn't see any. Was cursing and was on my way out when I spotted a security guard and asked him did he know if there were any Epson printers on sale? He said yes, he's just spotted them this morning and took me to the shelf where they were! It's not with the other PC stuff but on a shelf near the entrance. They have two models, the cheaper one mentioned above and the wireless one. Both the same price! Grabbed one and ran to the cash desk before they could discover their mistake :rolleyes: Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ALS

Anybody know if this is all Tesco shops or just an error in Jervis , might head up to Clarehall . . . .

ALS wrote: »
    Anybody know if this is all Tesco shops or just an error in Jervis , might head up to Clarehall . . . .

as i said a few posts up i bought one today in portlaoise tesco so i would say the price mistake is nationwide until they fix it.

neonitrix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

We've been short a printer for a while now and the cheap ink is appealing. Whats the print quality like?

We've been short a printer for a while now and the cheap ink is appealing. Whats the print quality like?

its not bad at all. its a breeze to set up including wireless have both my pc and my laptop paired with it and its sitting in the spare room behind two closed doors and still can print to it.

really happy with it and the price was great.

neonitrix

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

wow, nice... hope these will still be around tomorrow... anyone see these in Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

Picked one up in Tesco Galway today, one left now. Many thanks op!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭peejay1986

I have this printer. Great job it is. Although I'd recommend NEVER buying 3rd party cartridges for it. I've had the printer replaced twice after 3rd party cartridges clogged it. NEVER AGAIN. My 3rd printer, haven't used anything but Epsom cartridges and it's working a treat! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

peejay1986 wrote: »
    I have this printer. Great job it is. Although I'd recommend NEVER buying 3rd party cartridges for it. I've had the printer replaced twice after 3rd party cartridges clogged it. NEVER AGAIN. My 3rd printer, haven't used anything but Epsom cartridges and it's working a treat! :D

I think it's fine to use the 3rd party ,as long as the heads are cleaned regurlarly. I've an epson with the multi inks and don't have trouble with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭peejay1986

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    I think it's fine to use the 3rd party ,as long as the heads are cleaned regurlarly. I've an epson with the multi inks and don't have trouble with them.

Maybe so but I only had it 3 or 4 days. Second time I had cleaned them prior to putting in 3rd party cartridges. Currys told me there was a recall on some earlier models due to a related problem. Maybe I was just unlucky.

The model I've been using is a rx685, maybe the heads are different on this one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

None left in Clarehall in case anyone is thinking of heading in.

Been in tesco clearwater ,theres two at the back and one of them is opened.
    They have loads of blu-rays for €10 ,got myself terminator 2(skynet ed).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 frankie55

Thanks a mill op was keeping me eye out for a printer like this, great price

What's the Craic with the inks are the compatable inks reliable ? Anyone point me in the eight direction ?

I heard you can use the Epson rhino carts that hold alot more ink than the cheetah ones that are specified

Theres a place called justmedia in finglas ,sells epson cartridges for about €3 each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

bondja80 wrote: »

Hey thanks OP, I just went to tescos in Maynooth, when got there I thought it was a mistake as could only see sx415 and sx 115's neither of which are wifi, they have a shelf near the front with half price offers but no 515's, then found two sitting on their own at the side of an aisle, they have one left if anyone is interested, its at the side(not end, but beside the end) of an aisle about two up from where you pass the customer service. 129.99 in argos catalogue, was looking out for a wifi printer as mine sometimes double feeds and needs print cartridges anyway, the tescos cartridges seem a bit more reasonable than replacements for my current HP, in fact its cheaper to buy the printer than replacing the cartridges on my current model???
    rob316 wrote: »
    Best thing about this printer is you can pick up the compatiable inks for a few € each. I have a printer that takes the same cartridges, I get them from our office supplies provider in work for €1.75 each + vat and theres loads of ink in them more than the genuine epson ones.

who are this crowd? can you give a name please, like to see if I can get print cartridges off them.
    Theres a place called justmedia in finglas ,sells epson cartridges for about €3 each.

thanks yoshi, just looked them up online, says 2.50 even better still,

right, now to get it out of the box

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Anan

Thanks OP. Picked up one at Tallaght. There were two left as at 6:30 P.M if anybody is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Anan

BTW, It is not a misprice. It clearly says Original price 64.95 Save EUR 20 Now44.95 on the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Anan wrote: »
    BTW, It is not a misprice. It clearly says Original price 64.95 Save EUR 20 Now44.95 on the shelf.

Definitely a misprice, it was 90 down from 140 when I bought it a few weeks ago. The non Wifi model was 65 (IIRC).

I dont think its a misprice, the labels all seem to be printed up and the other printers are half price also, in all stores? either way its good value 130 in argos so nearly a third of the price

Although the wifi 515 is cheaper than the non 415 to start with??

In clearwater the printer is clearly marked at 89.99 down from €140 and it has one of them cross string flashing security things wrapped around it.

No sign of anything like a €45 price.

Maynooth had an A4 sized sign in yellow, 64.95 save 20, now 44.95, seems odd that the 415 was dearer in original price, but they cant get it back off me now :)

• Advertisement

In clearwater the printer is clearly marked at 89.99 down from €140 and it has one of them cross string flashing security things wrapped around it.

No sign of anything like a €45 price.

Bring it to the counter maybe, ask them to check the price before you pay?? if its 45 grab it and run :) if not its still cheaper than argos or pc world

Advertisement