Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post a pic of your pets...

Options
  • 07-11-2002 5:38pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What pets do all you boards people have/intend to have in the foreseeable future????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I had been thinking of getting a Persian cat/kitten, but my partner has asthma, so that kinda rules that one out.

I've had too many pets in my lifetime to list here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

cats and lots of them. when i went away this summer there were 11 of them now were down to a more sensible 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

I have a big stupid labrador

and here he is:
    trampas.gif

His names trampas

stupid looking , isn't he?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I ve currently got a Samoyed(Ill post a pic later) and looking to branch out into some exotic pets ie Tarantulas but there seem to be no suppliers over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

awwww Trampas is such a cutie!

My family used to have labradors too, short haired golden and black. Lovely things and beautiful characters. I still can't get over the silly names they gave them like toffee, fudge and midge!

• Advertisement

I have a Springer Spanial called Kim , and Iguana called Rex and an African Grey Parrot called Shadey .

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Trampas is a total cutie!

I think we should elect him the Joint Boards.ie Mascot for Boards.ie (along with Jeffy of course).

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Originally posted by DeVore
    Tayto owns him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

we've got a little dote of a springer spaniel named bexi (my brother named her :rolleyes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

one dog aged 9 or so and one cat aged 12 or so :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

had a cat for 16 years.
    she died 2 years ago.
    i creid every night for 2 weeks running.
    i still do sometimes :(

i am going to get another cat when i buy a house

this will make me happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

We have two pomeranian bitches (utter little anklebiters) and two tabby cats (one male, one female).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Heres those pics I promised.Qualitys not too good cos the dog is a bit hyper.Ill post better ones when I get him his annual grooming.Notice how he is eating the cat (Kittencake) in one of the pics.

http://www.boards.ie/members/hellrazer/Pict0003.JPG

http://www.boards.ie/members/hellrazer/Pict0004.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by Hellrazer
    Notice how he is eating the cat (Kittencake) in one of the pics.
    Did you just say "kittencake"! Kittencake is now the official mascot of the unofficial new board called "kittencake". More pictures please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Does anyone else see the irony of a person called 'Hellrazer' owning a dog like that? :)

I had a dog for 15 years. We had to get her put down, which was one of the hardest things ive ever done :(

Living in a flat kinda rules out a dog and cats are ignorant ****s*, so im petless atm ...

* Attn Cat lovers: You know the above is true, you just dont care. Dont bother flaming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by Kairo
    I have a big stupid labrador

His names trampas

stupid looking , isn't he?
    I also have a golden labrador. I bet mine is stupider than yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

At the moment I have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, lovely dogs they are, and a Springer Spaniel. On top of those I usually keep budgies, up until the last one died 3 years ago there was never a time when I didn't have budgies in the house. I'll be gettin more when I finally graduate from college ... the dreaded quake players curse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

3 Gerbils! Named Gerbil 1, gerbil 2, and gerbil 3 alternatively.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

man i got look more often here,
    in relation to the pet thing, i have 3 Samoyeds, just like hell.
    and hell not to flame or troll (or what ever jargon) that pic does not do your pooch justice, but welcome to the sammy club

Originally posted by nanook
    man i got look more often here,
    in relation to the pet thing, i have 3 Samoyeds, just like hell.
    and hell not to flame or troll (or what ever jargon) that pic does not do your pooch justice, but welcome to the sammy club

Nanook My Sam is one of the MENTAL variety of Samoyed ie. Nuts.Thats why the pic doesnt do him justice.Next time Ill give him a valium an hour before I take the pic.
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ondafly

i have a cat - same colour as those whiskers cats, grey and black stripes. Shes called Kerry - yes after the county. And shes damn lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Kerry (ondafly's cat) is so cool, though I dont agree that she is that lazy, seeing as she went out adventuring yesterday and came back with a war wound!

I have two dogs, a black labrador/collie/nutcase x, and a jack russell x, also a black and white cat called Poppy who looks exactly like Postman Pat's Jess

Theyre the family pets though, so when I move out I will have to get my own, I would love to get a golden retriever, a beagle, and two cats and an iguana.

My dream dog though would be a NEWFOUNDLAND...
    does anyone here have one? Or know whether there are any breeders in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Got a springer spaniel called Cassie. She's a bit of a nut, but calming down a bit now shes getting older. Show her a tennisball though and she'll go mad. Actually she steals tennis balls all the time.
    Will post some pictures later. (If the digital camera is still at home.)

Krankykitty:
    My next dog is going to be Newfoundland.
    Contact :Mr Barlow 044-74221(Westmeath).Mr Barlow is the secretary of the Newfoundland Club of Ireland.
    Hope this helps.
    Richie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ondafly

@Hellrazer - cheers for the phone number - i think we'll end up getting one, and maybe a beagle, when we can finally afford our own place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Cheers Hellrazer, I will have to get my own house first though cos I doubt my mother would be too impressed if I turned up with a newf at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

in relation to Newfies, does anyone actually know the price of them, last time i was looking i think they were around £1500 and that was well before € came to light, but i have to say they are a lovely dog, but hey what dog isnt.

a

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭Panda

Pict0003.JPG

OH MY GOD ITS A SNOWBALL WITH ONLY 2 LEGS!!!

and btw is the cat eating the dogs eye?
    or visa versa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Originally posted by DeVore

I think we should elect him the Joint Boards.ie Mascot for Boards.ie (along with Jeffy of course).

DeV.

I asked him, and he had no objections (well, I took the blank stare as a yes)

Also, I thought Amp was our precious mascot? Perhaps we should pin the two together in a contest of wits. The wiener shall be adorned with the coveted 'Official Boards.ie Mascot' title, and forever hold a place in our hearts. Teh looser should be fed to a pit of ravenous hamsters.

Right..I'm getting outa here before the cat-lovers start to invade. :p

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Panda
    Pict0003.JPG

OH MY GOD ITS A SNOWBALL WITH ONLY 2 LEGS!!!

and btw is the cat eating the dogs eye?
    or visa versa?

The cat is actually attacking the dog in that pic.Kittens only 3 months old and seems to think he owns the dog.

Advertisement