Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the Noclight: Fruit Crumble

Options
  • 17-10-2009 11:22pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Slightly earlier than normal, at her own request, it's the Irish-Kiwi booshaholic Narco Fruit Crumble Crumble Froo!

Be aware: due to an extreme time difference, answers to questions may occasionally be delayed.

Plus, like, it's Froo!! :pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If crumble froo didn't exist, what other boosh reference would you use as a name?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

If crumble froo didn't exist, what other boosh reference would you use as a name?

hmmm... probably Nanatoo or Milky Joe.

ended up naming one of my mice Nanatoo.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

1) Mice? Why? :pac:

2) I saw reference to some emergency help phone-based stuff ... do you want to elaborate?

3) How's the surfing going?

If you had one free get out of jail pass, What crime would you commit?

Tell us about your body mods?

Where is your favorite place?

Tell us about the last dream you can remember?

Do you believe in jesus?

What kind of veggie are you?

Do your rodents nibble on people?

Who do you admire, and why?

Giz a inspirational lyric for today, please.

Do culchies in kiwiland like country and western music and fear vegetables too?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

1. Do you know where Captain Cabinets is?
    2. Would you like a pie?
    3. Do you want some tea?
    4. Egg or falafal sandwiches?
    5. Booties or gloves?
    6. Prefer your hair long or short?
    7. How many duplicate hats do you have now?
    8. Do you require more questions?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I don't know you at all! Introduce yourself to me in 1 sentence!

...V...

1) Mice? Why? :pac: always loved rodents. used to spend ages watching the pet rats at my playschool and one of my earlier memories is of them getting out and running in the washing machine. apparently i disappeared for ages, and was found staring, transfixed... first pets were guinea pigs too.

then went to a preschool i was called to work at, and they had a white pet mouse they wanted to get rid of. they intended 'releasing him into the wild' that evening, so i took him home on the bus. renamed him Tundra, and we spent a happy year together before he sadly passed away :(

2) I saw reference to some emergency help phone-based stuff ... do you want to elaborate? - well, ive been thinking a lot lately about going back to college. want to work with.. not sure... but ive narrowed it down to probably the homeless/alcohol/drug/mental health issues section of stuff. so found a course in mental health support (addiction counts as a mental illness) that i think i'd like to do, and figured that it couldnt hurt to try some voluntary stuff in that sector in the meantime. consequently, finding this phoneline thing. it's a peer based mental health support phoneline. calls can range from just loneliness, to needing to talk out an issue, to being a last resort before suicide. twas my first night on friday, and while the issue of suicide/overdose came up with a couple of callers, they really just wanted to talk about the issues in their lives at that point.

3) How's the surfing going? - great! heading out later this afternoon! getting quicker at standing up and riding clean faces. started facing my fears a little over the winter (your summer) and not chickening out on the slightly bigger waves. getting better at turning too. :)

• Moderators Posts: 51,733 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

1. Favourite flavour skittle??

2. If you could create a new flavour of skittle, what would it be??

3. Can you recommend me another band as I really like Against Me:)

If you can read this, you're too close!

Moonbaby wrote: »
    ...V...

If you had one free get out of jail pass, What crime would you commit? - hmmm... just one? probably.. probably import a heap of not quite legal substances and just stash up. failing that, there's one person i wouldnt mind murdering.(no, don't ask me to elaborate on that. but they do deserve a horrible death/afterlife/both)

Tell us about your body mods? - hmm, first were just standard ear piercings (with a gun.. *cringe*) when i was about 8. after my communion anyway. since then, 9 earrings in now, between both ears, my septum (think bullring of nose) is 8mm, and i keep a sleeper in it, so almost nobody can see it 97% of the time, got my lip pierced, bottom left, black ring in it, both nipples pierced, had to get the left one done, taken out, close up and redone, belly done, black ring in it, nape (back of neck) done, and healed (boo yah!) and had the front of my neck pierced twice as well. (if ye want pics of any of the above, just say).

think ive had 19 piercings altogether, something like that. and four tattoos. 3 small stars on my left wrist, then 'senseless is pleasure, nothing's forever' on the back of my neck, polar bear on my left hip, and a dude in a doorframe between worlds on my left ankle/calf. saving up for an image of Aoife from The Children of Lir as she turns the children into swans on my left arm. that'll be done in february.

Where is your favorite place? - a place called urris in donegal. beautiful.

Tell us about the last dream you can remember? - twas a nice, but confusing one, where a couple of people quite prominent in my life told me all these things i wanted/hoped to hear, and it took me a couple of hours before i realised that they'd never actually said it. bummer.

Do you believe in jesus? - i suppose there's a chance the person or whatever existed. never really looked into that one too much. but that's the extent of it.

What kind of veggie are you? - vegetarian. don't eat meat, fish, chicken, or things with meat product in them. i fall down a bit on gelatine, but slowly getting on top of that one. currently weaning myself onto veganism, so cutting out dairy and egg from my diet. hope to be 98% vegan by my next bday in march. basically only 98% cos i dont know/care what's in alcohol/skittles. im not giving either one up.

Do your rodents nibble on people? - nah. Nanatoo, if you put your hand into the cage with food on it, seems to mistake your hand for the food, and Claddagh likes to nibble on my claddagh ring, (not my other ring, just the claddagh one oddly), but that's the extent of it.

Who do you admire, and why? - a mate of mine who helped me get into surfing, he lives this real cruisy lifestyle. works hard, but spends his freetime surfing, gardening, skating, painting, and just lives this real good life. as well, my nana, just for being an awesome, lively person, amazing sens of humour against all odds, and for looking after me so well all my life.

Giz a inspirational lyric for today, please. - hmmm... i gotta for for...
    in this place i could escape and change my ways
    so i run and i run to the bright and shining sun
    yeah i run and i run to the bright and shining sun
    i wont let the days melt into a haze
    i wana feel my heart i wana be amazed
    so i run and i run to the bright and shining sun.

from the walls...

Do culchies in kiwiland like country and western music and fear vegetables too? - honestly, the only culchies ive met are druggies...usually into rock music though, if that helps.

feylya wrote: »
    ...V...

[*]Do you know where Captain Cabinets is? - last i heard he was trapped in cabinets, but ive a strong suspicion that he may get out.
    [*]Would you like a pie? - no! not even if it's a good pie!
    [*]Do you want some tea? - lyon's only please.
    [*]Egg or falafal sandwiches? - given the impending veganism, i have to say falafal. though i think i prefer falafal anyway.
    [*]Booties or gloves? - booties!
    [*]Prefer your hair long or short? - short is awesome. im loving it. bald was awesome too. problem with the short thing is the different stages of growth. it was fun for a while, and then one day i look in the mirror and my hair is the exact same as my brother's has been for a substantial amount of his life,a nd i just kept seeing him instead of me. which was creepy. similar problem with my mother a few weeks later, but twas long enough by then to just make a point of drying really messily or wearing a beanie.
    [*]How many duplicate hats do you have now? - two duplicates. having already lost the original and a duplicate.
    [*]Do you require more questions? - no, but don't let that stop you ;)

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I don't know you at all! Introduce yourself to me in 1 sentence!

Ehmm... I'm a 21 year old chick from Kildare, who accidently fell in love with a kiwi online, moved to NZ when i was 19, and i love music and surfing.

koth wrote: »
    ...V...

1. Favourite flavour skittle?? - from the regular skittles, it's purple. though red is well up there too. the purple 'wild berry' packets were amazing though.

2. If you could create a new flavour of skittle, what would it be?? - ive had so many flavours, it's hard to imagine a new one. there's the chocolate packets, and the 'sensations' packets (if i could get rid of one flavour, it would be the chilli one. that nearly killed me. i discovered quickly that following it with a blue raspberry skittle kinda cooled it down abit though. wasnt mad on watermelon either, but i just dont like watermelon anything. ). i'd definitely bring back the wild berry skittles though. they were awesome. would skittle covered raisins be wrong? i think they might be actually. :confused:

3. Can you recommend me another band as I really like Against Me:) - hmmm... familiar/fond of NOFX yet? i kinda first heard them on random allplay on my mp3, and thought they were Against Me. this is the song it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE190Dt95Hs

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'd be real interesting in hearing the fruitinator's 5 desert Island albums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Ehmm... I'm a 21 year old chick from Kildare, who accidently fell in love with a kiwi online, moved to NZ when i was 19, and i love music and surfing.

Woah.

Never thought stuff like that actually happened :pac:

I'd be real interesting in hearing the fruitinator's 5 desert Island albums.

hmmm, that's a toughie.

Incubus - A Crow Left of the Murder. largely because it's got Sick Sad Little World on it, which is my desert island song.

Jack Johnson - Brushfire Fairytales. got 'bubble toes' on it. when you move like a jellyfish, rhythm dont mean nothing, you go with the flow, you don't stop.

The Tea Party - Transmission. give me something to obsess over.

Ride - Nowhere. - just so beautiful

NOFX - Coaster. for the lulz and the dancing.

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Woah.

Never thought stuff like that actually happened :pac:

life's full of endless opportunities. just gotta go against the grain every now and then, there's no telling what will happen, but if you're true to yourself and make your decisions for the right reasons, things'll work out.

that, or im just special. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Have you ever made up your mind on something you were pondering over in real life because of a weird dream?

If alcohol was not vegetarian would you drink it ?

If you could change the way you could have handled one moment in your life what would it be?

What is your favourite non medicinal remedy / treatment ?

Name three countries you want to visit and why(other than where you have been)?

Can you cook ?

What is your greatest accomplishment?

What/who make you laugh ?

What cheers you up?

What do you love about yourself?

I'll leave it there as I don't want to keep rambling on:)

cHaTbOx wrote: »
    ...V...

Have you ever made up your mind on something you were pondering over in real life because of a weird dream? - dont think so, no.

If alcohol was not vegetarian would you drink it ? - very probossibly. y'no, if it was made of people, i'd still have to really think long and hard about that one... >_>

If you could change the way you could have handled one moment in your life what would it be? - would have texted a friend to not come pick me up, that i was gonna stay where i was for the night. she'd probably still be alive now. :(

What is your favourite non medicinal remedy / treatment ? - surfing. amazing for my mental health, keeps my piercings nice and clean, keeps me fit and healthyish, and good for all the cuts and that on my body.

Name three countries you want to visit and why(other than where you have been)? - always wanted to visit scotland. looks nice. people seem to be pretty cool, and there's a couple of nutters i know online i'd love to meet in person.

ehhh... not really anywhere else. greece and italy, for their ancient architecture and stuff. but ill happily die if i never get there.

Can you cook ?
    - i can cook a veggie stir fry, falafal, and toast. and homemade pizza.

What is your greatest accomplishment? - im not dead yet, and im actually happy.

What/who make you laugh ? - nocts are usually good for a giggle... after that... my fella's pretty good, as are a few friends. certain tv shows/movies that will make me laugh every time too.

What cheers you up? - mostly what ive mentioned above, plus surfing, skating, painting, walking, nature, music.

What do you love about yourself? - love is a very strong word. ehhhh... i dont mind most things about myself now, even like some. but i think i love that ill try new things and new directions even if they're ****scary at the time.

I'll leave it there as I don't want to keep rambling on:) - welcome to try again anytime :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

1. Rum. Of the spiced and captainly variety, or otherwise? ;)
    2. Favourite genre of music?
    3. Why new zealand?.
    4. Ideal job?
    5. Lemon?

...V...

1. Rum. Of the spiced and captainly variety, or otherwise? ;) - YES! also a fan of most things bourbon and whiskey.
    2. Favourite genre of music? - gonna be nice and vague here and say 'rock'.
    3. Why new zealand?. - accidently fell in love with a kiwi.
    4. Ideal job? - working with people with drug and alcohol problems.
    5. Lemon? - -ade. homemade please. and sold at that little stand in town on thursdays with falafal.

• Advertisement

Do skittles make you hyper?

Will you show us a pic of your Garden, this septum thing if it possible and your man with the doors? Ouh and the bruises from NOFX. :P

Can you do weird things with your nose then?

What one habit do you wish drunken you would forget about?

Moonbaby wrote: »
    ...V...

Do skittles make you hyper? can do. also good pick-me-ups when im real low. though the normal size packets are safe. it's when i go for the cinema size bags that you usually know that something's wrong/exciting.

Will you show us a pic of your Garden, this septum thing if it possible and your man with the doors? Ouh and the bruises from NOFX. :P - i can. left my camera by the beach though, so you'll have to wait till probaby monday evening irish time before i can get them up here. and what man with doors? you've lost me there. :confused:

Can you do weird things with your nose then? - i can stick objects 8mm or less in one nostril and out the other, but that's about the extent of it.

What one habit do you wish drunken you would forget about? - my past? no dwelling on bad things, stupid drunky froo.

• Moderators Posts: 51,733 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

OK, shall check out some NOFX:)

1. did you always want to do the sort of work that you're doing now?? Or were you thinking of a different job when you were younger??

2. Are you a fan of the other fruity sweets like starburst/ fruit pastilles etc??

3. Do the locals walk around constantly singing this song??

:P:P:pac:

If you can read this, you're too close!

koth wrote: »
    OK, shall check out some NOFX:)

sweet :D

1. did you always want to do the sort of work that you're doing now?? Or were you thinking of a different job when you were younger?? - i always swore i'd never work in an office, particularly after 3 week's relief work when i was 17, but here i am! i do love my job though, it's nice knowing that we're making positive differences in people's lives, ranging from the almost insignificant, to the difference between life and death. i knew since i was about 14/15 that i wanted to work in social care, and did one year in social care in college, before having to drop out for personal reasons. been working with people on various levels since, and hoping to increase my involvement with that side of things over the coming years.

2. Are you a fan of the other fruity sweets like starburst/ fruit pastilles etc?? - awww... don't have them over here :( but yeah, fruit pastilles especially. they're awesome.

3. Do the locals walk around constantly singing this song??
    - nah, it's an aussie song, and kiwis dont tend to like aussies all that much ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Peanut M&M's..yay or nay?

Do you have a song that instantly puts you in a good mood no matter what?

What book (if any?) are you currently reading?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

if you had to be a fish, what type would you be?

Do you think drugs are bad?

Whats your favorite day of the week?

what do you think of double barrelled names?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

I agree on the purple skittles they are awesome! Can you make a mean skittle vodka?

If you were a flower what would you be?

Can I come over to NZ to dance with you?

...V...

Peanut M&M's..yay or nay?
    - oh dear god no! can't understand why people would ruin perfectly good chocolate by putting nuts in it :confused: [/quote]

Do you have a song that instantly puts you in a good mood no matter what? several. jack johnson - bubble toes, ride - polar bear, incubus - sick sad little world, most things elbow have done...

What book (if any?) are you currently reading? - Slaughter of the Innocent, by Hans Reusch. it's a look at how useful animal testing is (and mostly isnt) in medicine.

...V...

if you had to be a fish, what type would you be? great white shark. i'd make a point of getting groovy with the other great whites and helping repopulate them. sharks are awesome.

Do you think drugs are bad? ill let NOFX answer that one for me. :pac:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqPNpZzE9xc

ah, i think addiction's a terrible thing, but not all people get addicted to all drugs. even the ones that get the worst reps. personally, ill try most things once.

Whats your favorite day of the week? -thursday. just cos thursdays have been filled with awesomeness since i was in 2nd year. and cos it means tuesday's over, cos tuesdays just suck.

what do you think of double barrelled names? - dont have an opinion really. they can sound a bit posh, but meh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

What pisses you off about society?

The world is facing impending doom, pick your team of five to save it!

Do NZ celebrate Halloween? :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement