Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Nursing Results & Offers 2013.

Options
  • 01-06-2013 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hey everyone, I've recently done the nursing exam. I was wondering if someone mite know when the results are out? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Intel240787

I received mine this morning!

Good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 darkspark10

Hi I have just got my results from the Mature Nursing Exam my overall score was 470 does anyone know whether I wil be offered a place in July? The email just said I'm in with a chance which is neither here nor there..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

I can foresee a good bit of traffic on this topic in the coming days so can all info on Nursing exam results, offers, etc be posted to this thread please. Any posts on these topics elsewhere will be moved here.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭MazzR

I got 610. Have applied for mids, ul, ucc and general in both and waterford too...

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

I'm heartbroken, this is the 3rd time to apply, and I was 15 points away from the job simulation qualifying score. I've passed all the exam every other time I did it. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Clarelessly

Im trying to figure this out too. I got 577 which as a percentage is 88% so Im fairly happy with that. But its so competitive and we still have interviews to pass in July dont we? Well done to very one who passed and there's always next time to those who weren't so lucky :)

No there is no interviews. They have made so many changes to this entrance exam nobody knows were they are..
    The first part of the exam is the interview on paper.
    Hardluck to those who did not qualify but Its just as bad for people who
    qualify and don't get offered a place. The competition is soo tough its very hard to know. There is always next year so dont loose heart. I will reapply next year If I am not offered a place which knowing my luck I won't :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MRSbusy

Hi, Unfortunately I missed out on this year to pass the written assessment test. just wondering are you suppose to get less or more than the qualifying score? I know it sounds silly but I got more than the qualifying score on most of them but missed out on one of the test.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

MRSbusy wrote: »
    Hi, Unfortunately I missed out on this year to pass the written assessment test. just wondering are you suppose to get less or more than the qualifying score? I know it sounds silly but I got more than the qualifying score on most of them but missed out on one of the test.

You need to get higher than the qualifying score on each section to pass. Sorry that you didn't get it this time, but try again next year. This is my second year doing it and I'm much happier with my score this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MRSbusy

WildRosie wrote: »
    You need to get higher than the qualifying score on each section to pass. Sorry that you didn't get it this time, but try again next year. This is my second year doing it and I'm much happier with my score this time round.

Thanks WildRosie, If you are correct than I failed on the questionnaire by 12 marks, that was the easiest test!! don't know how i feel about that!!??hope it works out for you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 briergirl

I got 617 points very surprised!!! Hope to get offered Midwifery in NUIG

Got 590. No idea what that means because the results are somehow interpreted to the scores that are listed in the ABA handbook. I think you have to know where you fall on the list in terms of your score to be able to tell how highly you will score - unfortunately, that info was not divulged.
    What I did notice though - and is of particular interest, is the fact that 1027 people qualified for more than 1500 places. A sign of the times for nursing...

Im trying to figure this out too. I got 577 which as a percentage is 88% so Im fairly happy with that. But its so competitive and we still have interviews to pass in July dont we? Well done to very one who passed and there's always next time to those who weren't so lucky :)

How do you know the percentage?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Clarelessly

I got the percentage using the highest score of 650. But it means nothing really, I felt like it would help me see where I placed, but the fact that 1027 people passed will near that the points will be higher and it could take a score over 600 to get into Midwifery. But this is all speculation, we really have no idea what this means. I thought getting the results would bring some clarity, but now Im more confused than ever!

I got the percentage using the highest score of 650. But it means nothing really, I felt like it would help me see where I placed, but the fact that 1027 people passed will near that the points will be higher and it could take a score over 600 to get into Midwifery. But this is all speculation, we really have no idea what this means. I thought getting the results would bring some clarity, but now Im more confused than ever!

Ah, cool. Yup - I was like a demon yesterday trying to figure it all out, but nope - I can't. I had set myself up for the results to be helpful, but no. :-(

Good luck with your choices! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sharon2013

Hi everyone, I was happy with my results of 559. It was my first time doing it so didn't really know Wat to expect. Has many people applied to Dundalk?

Sharon2013 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I was happy with my results of 559. It was my first time doing it so didn't really know Wat to expect. Has many people applied to Dundalk?

UL, DCU and UCC currently. I've also put in for paediatric nursing in DCU. No idea if any of those are realistic. :S

is there really 1,500 places? I don't know about that when I looked up last year's a friend of mine did exam last year. It said over 2,000 applied 979 qualified and there was only 330 places...so I can't see how there would be that amount of places.
    Aww its so hard to know well I rang Dkit college to see if they could even tell me how many points are required for this year. A nice gentleman rang me back to say he was very sorry but they are in the dark like us. They don't even know what the points are...so the whole thing is one big guessing game it would'nt happen in any other country only Ireland!!!

is there really 1,500 places? I don't know about that when I looked up last year's a friend of mine did exam last year. It said over 2,000 applied 979 qualified and there was only 330 places...so I can't see how there would be that amount of places.
    Aww its so hard to know well I rang Dkit college to see if they could even tell me how many points are required for this year. A nice gentleman rang me back to say he was very sorry but they are in the dark like us. They don't even know what the points are...so the whole thing is one big guessing game it would'nt happen in any other country only Ireland!!!

I thought so - I could be wrong - but the amount is across all nursing courses (general, midwifery, psych, paeds and ID). At least that's what I think I counted in the NCC handbook.

I emailed CAO about the points but they know nothing. Sent the same email to the PAS and the NCC. Surely someone knows what's going on about the points! Hopefully? Surely? Eek!

Where did you see those amount of places? because it said for Mature Applicants from 2012 there was 330 places in total. Thats really strange. If I decided to do Psy or Dis in Dundalk theres only 20 places each for Mature App I hope your right! but I doubt it..Ya I rang PAS yesterday and emailed them and I got some doll emailing me back to say they did'nt know. Its a great wee country!!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Ah, bugger! I've just seen it there now - you're right! I was looking at both standard and mature access! Glasses weren't on! Oops!

Where did you see those amount of places? because it said for Mature Applicants from 2012 there was 330 places in total. Thats really strange. If I decided to do Psy or Dis in Dundalk theres only 20 places each for Mature App I hope your right! but I doubt it..Ya I rang PAS yesterday and emailed them and I got some doll emailing me back to say they did'nt know. Its a great wee country!!!:rolleyes:

So we've to pin our hopes on the NCC knowing? Excellent!

Do you think these 1,500 places is including Leaving Cert Students as well or just Mature Applicants? Aww it would be great for most people who qualified to get a place..Best of luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sharon2013

There is very limited places for mature students. I know there is as little as 5 places in each section for mature students in some colleges. I wonder do they accept ppl with highest points because there is no interview anymore.

That I am not sure. I do know for Midwifery the no of places are very limited some colleges only offer 4 places. We will all just have to get on with our lives until early July and just wait it out because we could wonder the next 4 weeks of our lives away!

Do you think these 1,500 places is including Leaving Cert Students as well or just Mature Applicants? Aww it would be great for most people who qualified to get a place..Best of luck everyone

Sorry, just to be *very* clear - that figure does include the standard entry! Apologies for confusion! There are only about 300 mature places!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gracey30

Hi i too passed exam got a score of 530 , i was very happy with that so roll on July, can anyone tell me can you apply for your grant without having been offered a pace ...

gracey30 wrote: »
    Hi i too passed exam got a score of 530 , i was very happy with that so roll on July, can anyone tell me can you apply for your grant without having been offered a pace ...

Yup - you can! I've already put my application through! The sooner the better you get it in!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gracey30

Cheers i started mine but was not sure if i was doing the right thing ... Thanks :) Best of luck to everyone

• Advertisement

Response from PAS:

"The scoring system has change from last year. This year the total score was a four digit number and this was used as the basis to form the CAO Score.
    The difference in the scoring system was due to the fact that different tests were used to previous years and a different scoring system applied."

Hmm. Helpful? Dunno. I'm gonna go on a hunch and say that the only thing you can do is put your courses down honestly as you would like to get them.

Advertisement