Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grinds / Study / Tuition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Sweetcorn01

Recent graduate. Grinds available for first/second year maths. PM if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 13 host_found

Hello,

I am looking for Concurrent Programming (Java) Grinds.

Please contact me with your availability, location and rates.

Mod: Please let me know if this is wrong location.
    Also if you know any specific group-email which i can use to contact postgrade students would be helpful.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Arda

Hello,
    I am a PhD student in UCC and can offer Junior Cert, Leaving Cert and Third level tuition for
    German,
    French
    Latin.

I am a native speaker of German and have lived and passed my Leaving Cert in France and am currently writing my dissertaion in French. I have also studied Latin at university level. I charge 30EUR per hour.
    Please feel free to send a private message

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 KARMI

Hi there,

I am looking for somebody to help me out with environmental economic thesis,, in the meath/maynooth area.. Will pay 20 euro per hour ..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Anyone out there willing to check over a Sociology essay. Not too happy about submitting it and would appreciate any input. Any offers of help will be rewarded with a cheque in the post !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Timmi

removed at poster's request

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nirina

heya!
    Um so i badly need grinds/tuition for my Computer Science modules.. i do;
    Intro to Comp Systems
    Intro to Programming (java)
    Intro to Comp Science

I don't live on campus or in Maynooth but if you could please contact me with availability, location and rates i'd well appreciate that.

there's hope for me yet! i reckon i've exams i've to repeat, hnce my plee for HELP!! :p

xx nirina

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 RCSIPHARMSTUDEN

LC Chemistry Grinds (HL and LL) available. South Dublin Area.

Mature pharmacy student with BSc. and MSc.
    Excellent knowledge of LC Chemistry Exam as I recently re-sat the exam (2008).

Resonable rates.

Reply by personal mail!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭gigawatt

hi im looking for a good maths tutor who can help me. I am in first science and my modules are calculus/integration and intro statistics. my maths is ok, im a mature student and i did my leaving 12years ago, so i need someone who is patient and doesnt mind explaining things simply when needed, im sick of going to the maths centre and people just assuming I know stuff that i dont feckin know/remember. im not just straight out of school fresh off the back of higher level maths. I am quick to pick things up, have a logical mind and understand (most of) the theory so you wont be repeating yourself over and over again,but i just need someone to take the time to explain the topics to me and refresh me on how to manipulate algebraic expressions correctly. rates need to be reasonable too! if you think you are able to give me a hand pm me. thanks:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I'd really advise you attend the maths support centre again. Have you been attending on a Monday or Friday when it's not busy? Then you can get more 1-1 help. Your fees cover the cost of the centre, it's no extra charge. Grinds are a lottery tbh and a waste of money in my opinion. Have you tried talking to your lecturers for example? I'm sure they'd also be willing to help you out if you call during office hours :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nothing

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I'd really advise you attend the maths support centre again. Have you been attending on a Monday or Friday when it's not busy? Then you can get more 1-1 help. Your fees cover the cost of the centre, it's no extra charge. Grinds are a lottery tbh and a waste of money in my opinion. Have you tried talking to your lecturers for example? I'm sure they'd also be willing to help you out if you call during office hours :)

Jeez Red, some people need a bit of extra help, there's no need to chastise every single one of them, esp when they've found that your beloved support centre doesn't work for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

nothing wrote: »
    Jeez Red, some people need a bit of extra help, there's no need to chastise every single one of them, esp when they've found that your beloved support centre doesn't work for them.

I see no evidence of him chastising there whatsoever. If anything it was extremely helpful and in no way berating the OP. The smiley face makes it friendly you see.

hi red I appreciate your advice (thank you!) and I do go to the msc when its quiet, I just got peed off recently as the person who was (supposed to be) helping me asked me for my lecture notes and when I told them I've missed a few ( with legitimate reason, but I wasn't obliged to make my excuses to them), I got lectured on missing classes (this person was prob 10yrs younger than me) and they told me straight up if I hadn't got the notes I wouldn't be able to the the work.
    this person clearly thought they couldn't be bothered wasting their time with me. in fairness they did help me with the first question for about 30seconds but were obviously fed up that I wasn't as clued up as they wanted me to be! (if I knew how to do the fcuking work I wouldn't be there) I just got up and left (p1ssed off)! made me think I just need a bit more 1 on 1 with a tutor that suits me. the msc is usually amazing and there are some tutors there who are excellent and I wouldnt have clawed through first semester without them. but even at that in semester one I had an occasional tutor who would help me, who was great but unfortunately isnt available anymore.

nothing wrote: »

I'm not chastising anyone ffs, trying to save people pissing away money on some person who may or may not be qualified to help them through. It's proven to work by a pile of evidence over the last years whereas the only thing proven with grinds is that the person giving them earns a handy few quid. I'm not suggesting it works for everyone and I'm not saying all grinds don't work, but proven free resources are surely better than unpredictable expensive ones surely.
    gigawatt wrote: »
    hi red I appreciate your advice (thank you!) and I do go to the msc every monday, I just got peed off this week as the person who was (supposed to be) helping me asked me for my lecture notes and when I told them I've missed a few ( with legitimate reason, but I wasn't obliged to make my excuses to them), I got lectured on missing classes (this person was prob 10yrs younger than me) and they told me straight up if I hadn't got the notes I wouldn't be able to the the work.
    this person clearly thought they couldn't be bothered wasting their time with me. in fairness they did help me with the first question for about 30seconds but were obviously fed up that I wasn't as clued up as they wanted me to be! (if I knew how to do the fcuking work I wouldn't be there) I just got up and left (p1ssed off)! made me think I just need a bit more 1 on 1 with a tutor that suits me. the msc is usually amazing and there are some tutors there who are excellent and I wouldnt have clawed through first semester without them. but even at that in semester one I had an occasional tutor who would help me, who was great but unfortunately isnt available anymore.

First of all, you must have all your lecture notes with you to avail of the MSC services. This is made clear to all students at the beginning of the year. It doesn't matter if you missed lectures or not. The MSC tutors are not there to do your work for you but rather to point out the appropriate knowledge you need to absorb to do the question. The lecture notes are the main source of such information.

Secondly, what has the age of the tutor got anything to do with it?

Thirdly, I'm not sure what time you were there but no tutor would just walk off and leave you because they were frustrated with you. The only reason they would talk to you for a brief period is due to other people also needing their help. Anyway, if you have issues with help or lack there of received in the MSC contact Ciaran and explain your concerns to him. Otherwise I suggest you stick with it and just get a copy of lecture notes you missed.

First of all, you must have all your lecture notes with you to avail of the MSC services. This is made clear to all students at the beginning of the year. It doesn't matter if you missed lectures or not. The MSC tutors are not there to do your work for you but rather to point out the appropriate knowledge you need to absorb to do the question. The lecture notes are the main source of such information.

Red, I understand that, and this was monday afternoon. I had asked a classmate for a copy of notes and I got them today, I didn't go in expecting the work to be done for me and considering what you've said it seems I would be better off staying away from the msc altogether unless I have all my notes.

Secondly, what has the age of the tutor got anything to do with it?
    not much, I just don't enjoy being chastised for missing lectures/not having notes when my reasons were valid. its like being treated like an 18 year old first year who missed lectures cause I was out on the lash.

Thirdly, I'm not sure what time you were there but no tutor would just walk off and leave you because they were frustrated with you. The only reason they would talk to you for a brief period is due to other people also needing their help. Anyway, if you have issues with help or lack there of received in the MSC contact Ciaran and explain your concerns to him. Otherwise I suggest you stick with it and just get a copy of lecture notes you missed.[/QUOTE]

]I didnt say they walked off and left me. I said I walked out[/U]. The msc was busy and the tutor was needed elsewhere. they said to me directly that if I hadnt got the notes I couldnt do the work. IMO you cant be much clearer than that and theres not much more to do really in that situation. I also said that they did try to get me started on the first question( without the notes I didnt see the point in continuing)

I dont have issues with the msc and I will continue to use their excelllent services, and im not particularly enamoured with the idea of tattling tales to the boss. tbh I was probably just having a bad day and maybe that came across in my post responding to you. just because I don't click with a tutor doesn't mean others won't. and sticking with it and getting the notes is exactly what I'm doing.
    Anyway,I just posted a thread to look for a tutor not have a debate about the quality of services provided by the msc. you asked me about my attending the msc instead of getting a tutor and I told you about my experience. I seem to have offended you, thats not what I was trying to achieve, I was simply answering your query. thank you :-)

hi,sorry that post was supposed to be in multiquote form,hope its reasonably readable:pac: oops!!

You haven't offended me at all. Hope you get the help you need.

You haven't offended me at all. Hope you get the help you need.

yeah me too!!! lol:pac::pac::pac::pac: thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 yenyen

Timmi wrote: »
    jos28: PM sent

I adverstised above for English grinds but also have a BA and MA in Sociology. If anyone is interested in tuition or advice on essay preparation please PM for further information.

Hi Timmi,

I need help in essay writing for sociology. Please let me know of your location and availability and also your contact details. Thank you so much.

yen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 college1

Hi

I am a second year in Biological Sciences and could do with some help in calculus 3 and 4. Is there anyone who might be willing to give me some grinds?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Welcome to the forums. Here's the best advice you'll get. :)
    LeixlipRed wrote:
    Seems as good a place to mention it so here goes,

Struggling with Maths? Why not come along to the Maths Support Centre? It's a completely free, walk in centre, manned by students or former students of NUIM. It caters for any difficulties you're having with Maths, from basic issues right up to problems or concepts you can't understand from lectures.

Class Hall E, Arts Block:

Mon, Tues, Thurs 2-6pm
    Wed 4-8pm
    Fri 10am-12pm

Or go see your lecturer or talk to your tutor. Or PM me or come see me, Room 52 in Logic and I'll see what I can do to help :)

Timmi wrote: »
    Experienced tutor in third level English.
    Available for learning support, essay skills and exam preparation.
    Please PM for further information.

Hi there,

I badly need help in sociology. Please if you are available you can leave a message at daveveneenga@yahoo.ie this is my email ad. Thank you.

Muckypaws wrote: »
    Hi,

I am a recent graduate from NUIM, double first class honours in Sociology and Anthropology.

Currently working in UCD, starting masters in September.

I am located in Dublin city centre so am flexible as to where grinds take place

Contact name: Nikki.

Reasonable rates

PM if you are interested

Hi Nikki Just wondering if you still do grinds on sociology?
    PM me
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Hi there

Really need help with a SOCIOLOGY essay - anyone care to provide some help? Please PM

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Anyone looking for help with sociology? 1st degree in sociology/geography, phd 70% complete, have lectured at undergrad and postgrad level at other colleges and supervised theses.

Can help with any subject as needed. I have taught research methods for a number of years and can help with research design and data analysis also (qual/quant - particularly quant).

PM for arrangements

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rituraj

HI need some help in chemistry? I provide 1to1 and group grinds in chemistry. I have done PhD in Chemistry. Interested persons can PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Hey there!
    I'm wondering if there is anyone who would be willing to help me out with my psychology essay?
    I'm doing first year arts with Psychology.
    I've been working on my essay for almost two and a half weeks now and I'm not getting very far. The deadline is next Thursday. I'm starting to panic about it now, so if there is anyone who would be willing to meet up for a few hours I would greatly appreciate it. I live in Maynooth, so ideally we could meet up somewhere on campus. I don't have any money to offer unfortunately, but I am quite strong in English and Geography so I could be able to help out with these if they are an area of weakness maybe?
    I'm sorry I can't afford to pay you, but any help is hugely appreciated. Email contact would be ok too, so you wouldn't have to give up too much time.
    Thanks in advance!
    Kellie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 JJia

finance and economics grinds available

Subject(s): finance for undergraduate,CAP1.
    Grinds in Students Home or in my home
    Contact Name: han
    ph: 0861529499
    Rate: €20 per hour (Group Discounts available)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 ucdaka

* Native speaker of Russian
    * Undergraduate degree in Russian Language
    * LLM, PhD (from British and Irish institutions)
    * I taught students, academicians and businessmen and those who just wanted to brush up their Russian. I taught beginners as well as students with intermediate level of Russian.
    * My classes are tailored according to your particular needs and may include grammar, reading, writing, listening (tapes, movies in Russian). Simply let me know what are you interested in more and for what purposes you need to study Russian. After testing your level of Russian (both oral and written) I will then design an individual programme for you. It is possible to have individual as well as group classes.

If you are interested please email me (ucdaka@gmail.com).

Spasibo i Do Vstrechi!("Thank you and See you" in Russian)

Advertisement