Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

32 County Photo - Take II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

I can still take Sligo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭YeGods

Stick me down for waterford

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

West Meath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Happy to do Antrim, Armagh or Down depending on take up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Happy to do Antrim, Armagh or Down depending on take up

I'll take that as an order of preference so :p... will put you down for Antrim and backup for Armagh and Down. If you want that changed let me know!

If two new people go for boardsie or backup for either of those counties I'll move them in front... hoping to get a different person for each county! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭m_s_nixon

I'll take Meath or Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Put me down for Wicklow please

m_s_nixon wrote: »
    I'll take Meath or Dublin

As above I'll take that as an order of preference so putting you down for Meath and backup for Dublin... the Dublin backup place will be replaced if a new person needs on the list! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭rameire

put me down for carlow again.
    cheers.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

foto joe wrote: »
    I'll take that as an order of preference so :p... will put you down for Antrim and backup for Armagh and Down. If you want that changed let me know!

If two new people go for boardsie or backup for either of those counties I'll move them in front... hoping to get a different person for each county! ;)

That's fine joe, can do any of the three so for example if you get people for Antrim and Armagh I'll happily do Down and vice versa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭Scamp-

I can do Longford if no-one else can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but just posing a question...

Do people think it would be possible or interesting to do a 27 EU country photo?

Could pass around an SD memory card instead, like a 512mb one or something?

Would there be boardsies in every country in the EU, that could be the problem I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Winnieacre

I could do Cork or Kerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Cheers for this foto joe :)

I'll take Kildare, can do offaly if needed :)

I think Chorcai had Louth last time, so He'll probably want it again... (I'm just posting this incase he hadn't seen this thread.. maybe he's not interested in it at all, but I thought I'd throw his name in for him as he was down for it last time, and i reckon it'd probably bea bit unfair for him to be left out of it or not get the place he wanted because he wasnt in fast enpugh... besides, if he doesnt want it he can always just say no.. right?).. is that OK? :confused:

I think Chorcai had Louth last time, so He'll probably want it again... (I'm just posting this incase he hadn't seen this thread.. maybe he's not interested in it at all, but I thought I'd throw his name in for him as he was down for it last time, and i reckon it'd probably bea bit unfair for him to be left out of it or not get the place he wanted because he wasnt in fast enpugh... besides, if he doesnt want it he can always just say no.. right?).. is that OK? :confused:

I'd say PM/ring him and let him know! I'm sure if someone else wanted to do Louth they'd be just as disappointed if it was pre-reserved... only fair!

KKV do you want to take Louth for now? You could swap the backup place with Chorcai if you wanted after...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Work away Ill be the back-up, put KKV as main me as back up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

I can do Leitrim if no one else wants to?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Meath for me if msnixon can't do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭Scamp-

Has this been done before? I'd love to see the photos.

Meath for me if msnixon can't do it.

You've got Meath, moved msnixon to their other choice of Dublin.

Scamp- wrote: »
    Has this been done before? I'd love to see the photos.

It started before, but didn't get beyond the first person I don't think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Put me down for Limerick..
    hopefully this time it will work out...

Chorcai wrote: »
    Work away Ill be the back-up, put KKV as main me as back up

You can take it, Chorcai. I'd only make a jock of it. I'm still trying to figure out what this "shutter button" does that I've been hearing so much about. "Shutter buttons" are all the rage nowadays it seems... I must get one for my camera... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

Mayo for me please :)

I was gonna offer my services for sligo too but dakar was too fast outta the traps :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Wexford for me......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

artyeva wrote: »
    I was gonna offer my services for sligo too but dakar was too fast outta the traps :p

What can I say? Guess I'm just quick off the mark! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kgpixels

Stick me down for Monaghan.

I'm on the border with Cavan, so can do that also if no else takes it. . .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I'll take donegal, have something in mind already :p, also if noone take derry or tyrone i'll happilly take them too....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

I'll do backup for Carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 25 slang61

I will be the back up for Dublin.....

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

i can do backup for mayo:) so is the camera en route somewhere now? ooh exciting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭dryadssaddle

I'll take Clare if ya like :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

You've got Meath, moved msnixon to their other choice of Dublin.

Ah grand! Nice one.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Ah grand! Nice one.

I'll go back up for GITR if he can''t make it. -Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭ems_12

I'd like to take Down or Armagh please, in that order! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

I'll back back up Meath and Louth if the other 4 can't do it!

Has the camera left yet?
    Is there a particular order you want to send the camera around in?
    Maybe the result could go into the Boards Yearbook :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

I'l pick up Cavan if thats good with everyone else.

Uh oh, I can't edit the list anymore! Turns out you can't edit posts after 48hrs! :(

I'll get onto the mods and see if an exception can be made.... otherwise I'll need to repost the list every two days which could be messy.

• Advertisement

I'll update the table here and get the mods to edit it back into the first post every so often....

County|Boardsie|Backup|Status
    Antrim|dreamer_ire
    Armagh| |dreamer_ire
    Carlow|rameire|kwalshe
    Cavan|YourName|kgpixels
    Clare|dryadssaddle
    Cork|Winnieacre
    Derry||homer_simpson
    Donegal|homer_simpson
    Down|ems_12|dreamer_ire
    Dublin|m_s_nixon|slang61
    Fermanagh|
    Galway|foto joe||
    camera_icon.gif
    Kerry||Winnieacre
    Kildare|Tallon
    Kilkenny|
    Laois|
    Leitrim|storm2811
    Limerick|Berkut
    Longford|Scamp-
    Louth|Deleted User|sNarah
    Mayo|artyeva|breadbin
    Meath|GhostInTheRuins|pullandbang
    Monaghan|kgpixels
    Offaly||Tallon
    Roscommon|
    Sligo|dakar
    Tipperary|
    Tyrone||homer_simpson
    Waterford|YeGods
    Westmeath|humberklog
    Wexford|Morrisseeee
    Wicklow|xia

sNarah wrote: »
    Has the camera left yet?
    Is there a particular order you want to send the camera around in?
    Maybe the result could go into the Boards Yearbook :o

Nope hasn't left yet, just finised final year exams so can sort this now!
    The order doesn't matter. Yeah would be nice to have in the yearbook if you can think of a format to present it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭m_s_nixon

Might aswell start with the capital :)

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

m_s_nixon wrote: »
    Might aswell start with the capital :)

mayo it is so;)

was thinking what if instead of posting it you physically handed it to the next county at the border like? seems crazy but if it didn't work last time with post, might not be a bad idea?

breadbin wrote: »
    mayo it is so;)

was thinking what if instead of posting it you physically handed it to the next county at the border like? seems crazy but if it didn't work last time with post, might not be a bad idea?

Nice idea but sounds messy to me and will also probably slow things down trying to sort dates that suit people etc. Just my 2c worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

mayo it is so;)

:eek::eek::eek:

can_of_worms.jpg

doesn't make much sense to me. i sure as hell ain't gonna drive all the way to sligo/galway/roscommon when i can just drive the few miles to the post office ;)

if everyone holds up their end of the bargain and doesn't hog the camera for a month/loose it/allow their pet to eat it - then it'll work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Nope hasn't left yet, just finised final year exams so can sort this now!
    The order doesn't matter. Yeah would be nice to have in the yearbook if you can think of a format to present it!

Any updates?
    I do think that the person who has the camera, should leave a wee note here when and to who it has been posted, the next person can leave a note to say "yeah got it" and another one when dispatched again?

We could centralise the return and send position. As in: (take this for e.g) I post the camera out, when the person's done then they then send it back to me. I then come on here to find out who wnats it next and send it out them. They then send it back to me...and do this 31 times.

One person sending and recieving would work best I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

humberklog wrote: »
    We could centralise the return and send position. As in: (take this for e.g) I post the camera out, when the person's done then they then send it back to me. I then come on here to find out who wnats it next and send it out them. They then send it back to me...and do this 31 times.

One person sending and recieving would work best I think.

That's basically doubling the number(cost) of postages though, and consequentially of course increasing the chances of the camera getting lost or damaged in transit.

enda1 wrote: »
    That's basically doubling the number(cost) of postages though, and consequentially of course increasing the chances of the camera getting lost or damaged in transit.

But a better chance of it actually working this time...priceless.

It's a thow away camera, it won't get damaged.

• Advertisement
Advertisement