Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadline Day: Bring Out The Transfer Gimp!

• 28-04-2012 2:03pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭

These are the last 3 posts in the Liverpool thread on last reading
    4-age wrote: »
    Yeah Japanese press reporting that Kagawa has been offered a contract by united.

Really hope he doesn't go.
    amiable wrote: »
    Rumours that Man City are close to a deal for Eden Hazard too
    amiable wrote: »
    Chelsea website confirm Marin will sign

add that to Arsenal supposidly already having the Podolski deal done for around 10m and it seems clubs are getting started early this year. Any other deals rumoured to be already done?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

with the euros in june i am not surprised clubs are starting early in their summer signings. prices will be inflated after the tournament depending who has a good campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Montolivo is joining Milan on a free transfer, right? Also Bayern have signed M'gladbach defender Dante and it appears as though they're getting veteran striker Claudio Pizarro from Werder Bremen.

Can see M'Vila being snapped up by Arsenal or Inter before the tournament starts and Barcelona going for Thiago Silva.

Aside from that, I think PSG will be busy and Juve will certainly splash out €20m+ on a striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Talk of Everton making a bid for Clint Dempsey. Be a great signing but doubt we have the cash

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Talk of Liverpool being the unamed English club who have put £16m on the table for Uruguayan midfielder Gaston Ramirez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Happy with marin for chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'd like to see us get Kagawa as well as Podolski (which is pretty much done tbh). We need much better quality in the front 4.

Selling Gervinho to D.I.D. as a 90,000w bulb would be nice too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Montolivo is joining Milan on a free transfer, right? Also Bayern have signed M'gladbach defender Dante and it appears as though they're getting veteran striker Claudio Pizarro from Werder Bremen.

Can see M'Vila being snapped up by Arsenal or Inter before the tournament starts and Barcelona going for Thiago Silva.

Aside from that, I think PSG will be busy and Juve will certainly splash out €20m+ on a striker
    Juve will unsuccesfully bid for Cavani and van Persie. It's hard to see who they will be able to get who is good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Liverpool have put a 40m deposit on Grant Holt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Jordi Alba will be a Barca player before the Euro's me thinks, also if Spurs don't get top 4, or CL football (which looks very likely considering everything), then I'd fancy them to make a bid for Bale. Modric will probably be gone too, where though is the question. If Chelsea get CL football then they'd have to be favouites, otherwise United are in with a shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Liverpool have put a 40m deposit on Grant Holt.

Worth every penny.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Juve will unsuccesfully bid for Cavani and van Persie. It's hard to see who they will be able to get who is good enough.

Edin Dzeko?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

That_Guy wrote: »
    Worth every penny.

Yep, worth his weight in gold (and that's a lot of gold).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I hope, Kagawa stays with Borussia Dortmund. But no update yet from Germany about this matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Marin is a quality player!

Just reading there on a German website, that Kagawa is not looking for a new contract, but that he has not signed somewhere else either. Everything hanging in the balance in the moment, but I won't be happy, if he is leaving Borussia Dortmund :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Raphael Honigstein twitter:

Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc: Kagawa likely to leave the club.

Kagawa: United have reportedly offered him GBP 96k per week, doubling Dortmund's offer. Not sure I believe that figure though.

more Zorc: Kagawa's rejection of new contract makes selling him unavoidable (I'm paraphrasing)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Just reading there on a German website, that Kagawa is not looking for a new contract, but that he has not signed somewhere else either. Everything hanging in the balance in the moment, but I won't be happy, if he is leaving Borussia Dortmund :confused:

It's sickening tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

Samich wrote: »

Meant to be a bit of hassle in the dressing room if the rumours are right, still 7m is some value!

Liverpool will go for Soldado

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,363 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Samich wrote: »

No he's not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

This is all just transfer gossip, most of it will turn out to be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    No he's not.

He's a decent player... I was harping on about him for ages hoping he would go to Liverpool after we were linked during Rafa's days, but he's stagnated at Bremen the last year and a half. Hoped he would take his talent to the next level but hasn't. Seems he's happy being the player he is, occasional flashes of brilliance before fading for weeks on end. Like Kess said in the LFC superthread, he doesn't look like he has the heart a lot of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

-Ade- wrote: »
    It's sickening tbf.

I havent seen much of him tbh, how good/potentially good is he?
    Should we believe the hype?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Talk of Everton making a bid for Clint Dempsey. Be a great signing but doubt we have the cash

ye dont need Jack Rodwell. if chelsea come in with a big of around 20million, ye should bite their hands off. would ye get Dempsey and maybe 2 low cost signings like Gibson and Jelavic for 20-25million?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,363 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

aaronh007 wrote: »
    He's a decent player... I was harping on about him for ages hoping he would go to Liverpool after we were linked during Rafa's days, but he's stagnated at Bremen the last year and a half. Hoped he would take his talent to the next level but hasn't. Seems he's happy being the player he is, occasional flashes of brilliance before fading for weeks on end. Like Kess said in the LFC superthread, he doesn't look like he has the heart a lot of the time.

If I was a player I'd be on the phone to his agent hiring him really! He plays sh*t yet moves to a bigger team on more money for €8m.

I havent seen much of him tbh, how good/potentially good is he?
    Should we believe the hype?

Not much hype about him. He is a quality player, not overrated at all. It will be interesting to see how he does in a more physical league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

How good is Kagawa, he must be decent if he scores a goal ever 2 games and wins the league with Borussia but if you united sign him they wont solve there midfield problems, he seems to play just behind a sole striker, United should go for M;Vila or Martinez aswell, which of those two are better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

NIMAN wrote: »
    This is all just transfer gossip, most of it will turn out to be wrong.

i agree that there is some amount of s*it wrote in papers around transfers, but just because something doesnt happen, it doesnt mean its not true. just depends on the source and who is writing the article really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

They solve different problems.

I'd say Martinez is better but there's nothing in it really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Without disrespecting Everton fans, wouldn't Fulham to Everton be a sideways step for Dempsey, surely if he moves it will be to a bigger club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Without disrespecting Everton fans, wouldn't Fulham to Everton be a sideways step for Dempsey, surely if he moves it will be to a bigger club?

That rules Liverpool out too

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    Raphael Honigstein twitter:

Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc: Kagawa likely to leave the club.

Kagawa: United have reportedly offered him GBP 96k per week, doubling Dortmund's offer. Not sure I believe that figure though.

more Zorc: Kagawa's rejection of new contract makes selling him unavoidable (I'm paraphrasing)

That's just because his current contract expires in 2013, with the possibility that he might leave on a free transfer, if he would stay another year in Dortmund.

Advertisement