Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ros na Run

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

BandMember wrote: »
    Wow. A of wild guessing going on here........and some of it is based on the strangest evidence ever! Not to mention being completely wrong, of course.... :pac:

I'm wrong?? Ah who is it?? PM me? I don't wanna wait until Tue!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭BandMember

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    I'm wrong?? Ah who is it?? PM me? I don't wanna wait until Tue!! :P

PM sent. ;)

Just don't say it here! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Not a chance it's Gráinne. Far too obvious.

Great episode though. Lot's going on. Apparently next week's episodes were also recorded back in March, so we could see Diarmuid make another appearance as Séamus before he passed away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Ah my earlier post looks stupid now. I can't post spoiler tags on my phone, but I'm pretty sure I know now. Hope this is a re-start of the old style of RnaR writing when we were always kept guessing with multiple twists in everything...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,245 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

There was a clue dropped on Tuesday as to who it could be. One thing we can be sure of is that it isn't Seamus!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 siochain705

It's definitely not Seamus! But I wonder when we will find out how they handle that character. It was sweet to see him in the first episode.

I went back and watched, Gráinne does have red nails, but they are really short.

I wonder if it's Lee. Who else could it be? If it was Lee then she was probably coming back to her son's birthday. Perhaps the actress (Róisín Ní Chualáin) has other projects and this ends her character on RnR?

Whoever it is, it is someone that Eoin knows, and I thought I saw an upcoming attraction at one point that had Jason identifying someone in a morgue. Those two bits may or may not be related, though.

Good cliffhanger!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Muireann wolfsbane the yank

It's definitely not Seamus! But I wonder when we will find out how they handle that character. It was sweet to see him in the first episode.

I went back and watched, Gráinne does have red nails, but they are really short.

I wonder if it's Lee. Who else could it be? If it was Lee then she was probably coming back to her son's birthday. Perhaps the actress (Róisín Ní Chualáin) has other projects and this ends her character on RnR?

Whoever it is, it is someone that Eoin knows, and I thought I saw an upcoming attraction at one point that had Jason identifying someone in a morgue. Those two bits may or may not be related, though.

Good cliffhanger!

Well it's not Eimear.

Edit: Just had a thought, what if it is Amy!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭maureencol

Yes, I thought at first it would be Eimear but I guess that was too obvious. I thought I knew who it would be now but Muireann just brought up another possibility! Excellent writing on this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Well it's not Eimear.

I was thinking the same thing but does Eoin know Amy???

Lee - coming back for the baby does make some sense....maybe it is her?

The new TG4 player looks well. It wasn't working for a couple of days so I stayed well clear of this thread :P

• Advertisement

Well it's not Eimear.

I doubt it's Amy. Eoin wouldn't know her really.

I'm making my guess based on who's missing from the opening credit sequence, along with the hints from the UPC guide :P

I'm making my guess based on who's missing from the opening credit sequence, along with the hints from the UPC guide :P

Yes the UPC guide for Thurs says is all....

Well Seamus is there in the opening credits so I don't think that's really a viable system :)

Well Seamus is there in the opening credits so I don't think that's really a viable system :)

Aye, but they've taken out a scene with a specific person and replaced it with another. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Just caught up.

I think it's Lee. I think she was coming back for the baby's birthday.

• Advertisement

Seriously BEST SOAP EVER!

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Seriously BEST SOAP EVER!

Completely

Just saw it...great stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

Great episode. So sad to see Seamus but great he was a big part of the episode.

Ros Na Run's official Facebook page reports that tonight's episode is the final appearance of Seamus.

Oh and please don't spoil it on me; Fechfaidh mé ar Ollcharr de Domhnaigh :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Not trying to be smart, but if that's the case maybe you should avoid the thread until after you've watched it on Sunday?

Not trying to be smart, but if that's the case maybe you should avoid the thread until after you've watched it on Sunday?

Avoid the interweb? Are you mad? :-) lol

Avoid the interweb? Are you mad? :-) lol

No just this thread. Madness is expecting people not to discuss something until you've caught up... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Nice use of flashbacks at the graveyard

branie2 wrote: »
    Nice use of flashbacks at the graveyard

Heartbreaking

The actor that plays Cóilín didn't look well at all :(

Christ, the fact that
    Seamus's last scene was at a funeral and his last words were about someone being in heaven looking down on others
    really got to me. :(

I hope they give him a proper send off. Not that they would have chosen to have two funerals in such quick succession, but I can't see any other way of writing him out respectfully...

Christ, the fact that
    Seamus's last scene was at a funeral and his last words were about someone being in heaven looking down on others
    really got to me. :(

I hope they give him a proper send off. Not that they would have chosen to have two funerals in such quick succession, but I can't see any other way of writing him out respectfully...

Yeah, I agree. Also the fact that his final episode also had Cóilín in it was quite poignant.

Regarding how he'll be written out, I heard
    that over the next few weeks some of the other characters will reveal in conversation that Séamus is unwell and then towards the end of the year (which I presume they mean before Christmas, and not next June) news will break that he passed away as a result of the illness.

Oh gosh, even though I guessed it was Lee, I was still in denial about the loss of that character. I wonder if they will backfill the details of what happened over the last few months?

What about the fact that Eoin is responsible for her break with Jason?

Mo has a lot of class and a lot of heart, that's all I've got to say.

I have to re-watch the parts with Seamus. That actor really gave us a lot.

Wow what a fabulous episode, so sad I can't say anything more than that.

So Catriona and Vince are back together huh? Got to give kudos to her mother, after walking in on her. Heh Heh.

By the way off topic but I did a sketch of Diarmuid that I might turn into a drawing.

http://muireannpendrgon.deviantart.com/art/20150910-182853-559537394

He sure did love his Ewe Betsy, maybe I should do a Dorset instead of a Shetland.

• Advertisement

Wow what a fabulous episode, so sad I can't say anything more than that.

So Catriona and Vince are back together huh? Got to give kudos to her mother, after walking in on her. Heh Heh.

By the way off topic but I did a sketch of Diarmuid that I might turn into a drawing.

http://muireannpendrgon.deviantart.com/art/20150910-182853-559537394

He sure did love his Ewe Betsy, maybe I should do a Dorset instead of a Shetland.

Lovely sketch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Mo has a lot of class and a lot of heart, that's all I've got to say.

Can anyone remember the story that Mo referred to last night? She said that she had pretended to be pregnant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

Can anyone remember the story that Mo referred to last night? She said that she had pretended to be pregnant.

Yeah it was about 10 years ago when she was about 15 or 16.

That was a hard episode to watch to be honest. But it shows why the show is so good.

Yeah it was about 10 years ago when she was about 15 or 16.

Thanks for this! I had no idea.

Who was the man involved?

Okay, I'm confused. Where did Grainne go? I thought she was delaying her nursing courses to stay and help Jason.

I see that they are already laying the groundwork for the character of Seamus to end his time in Ros na Rún. Sad.

I can't imagine Niamh staying out of trouble for long. No wonder she wanted her mom to come with her to "the gig."

Okay, I'm confused. Where did Grainne go? I thought she was delaying her nursing courses to stay and help Jason.

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. Felt like we were missing an episode before that one!

That was sad but beautifully done with the boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Lee was one of the main reason I watch this! Damn it!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

Ros Na Run's official Facebook page reports that tonight's episode is the final appearance of Seamus.

Ah for feck sake Seamus was second favourite character, two of them gone now lee as well. They better get some new guy who likes poitin and wears his hat backwards!

Ah for feck sake Seamus was second favourite character, two of them gone now lee as well. They better get some new guy who likes poitin and wears his hat backwards!

Had you not heard that the actor who played him passed away during the summer? :( They only had 4 episodes recorded at that point, it's just really unfortunate that those were funeral scenes - I'm sure they wouldn't have chosen to have two character deaths so close together and I guess that's why they didn't really explain his absence immediately. I just really hope they do Seamus justice whenever they do his final storyline, it's not the same without him :(

Had you not heard that the actor who played him passed away during the summer? :( They only had 4 episodes recorded at that point, it's just really unfortunate that those were funeral scenes - I'm sure they wouldn't have chosen to have two character deaths so close together and I guess that's why they didn't really explain his absence immediately. I just really hope they do Seamus justice whenever they do his final storyline, it's not the same without him :(

No, it isn't, it really isn't. I miss his comic relief.

On another note, it's nice to see that Imelda had her wild days wayyy back when and it's good too see that Laishose knew somebody in the village.

Ah that's terrible. I thought Diarmuid Mac An Adhastair was a great actor, had great bits of humour in the way he played the character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. Felt like we were missing an episode before that one!

I thought the same.
    I record the repeat on Sunday night's, just catching up now and thought there was a mistake in the recording.

Ros na Run came back with such a bang and yet I feel it's kinda lost it already. I had hoped we would be rid of Peigi this season.

• Advertisement

Was Diarmuid's last appearance in Tigh Tadhg on the day of the funeral? It would be a shame if those were his last scenes as they were so small and inconsequential (I don't think that he even spoke), they certainly didn't give him the final farewell that both him and his character deserved. (Now, obviously, I'm not blaming the writers for this as they couldn't possibly have known - just saying that it's a shame is all....)

Also, what the hell is up with Tadhg???

Was Diarmuid's last appearance in Tigh Tadhg on the day of the funeral? It would be a shame if those were his last scenes as they were so small and inconsequential (I don't think that he even spoke), they certainly didn't give him the final farewell that both him and his character deserved. (Now, obviously, I'm not blaming the writers for this as they couldn't possibly have known - just saying that it's a shame is all....)

He only had a couple of lines at the end of the episode, but what he said was actually really poignant and apt, because he was talking about life and death.

Also, what the hell is up with Tadhg???

They'll give him a proper send-off further down the line. They're still mentioning him in the episodes and he's still in the opening sequence, so they'll probably have a funeral for the character eventually (it would be pretty heavy to have two funerals within a week of each other and they probably want time to get it right). I hope so anyway. And as AlsoStarringLeVarBurton said, his 2 lines in that episode were about someone being in heaven looking down over their friends and family, which nearly made me cry!

As for Tadhg: post-traumatic stress from being the coffin? Not that he'd ever admit it...

He only had a couple of lines at the end of the episode, but what he said was actually really poignant and apt, because he was talking about life and death.

How did I miss that?? :o I'll have to go back and rewatch that episode....

They'll give him a proper send-off further down the line. They're still mentioning him in the episodes and he's still in the opening sequence, so they'll probably have a funeral for the character eventually (it would be pretty heavy to have two funerals within a week of each other and they probably want time to get it right). I hope so anyway. And as AlsoStarringLeVarBurton said, his 2 lines in that episode were about someone being in heaven looking down over their friends and family, which nearly made me cry!

As for Tadhg: post-traumatic stress from being the coffin? Not that he'd ever admit it...

Yeah, I was thinking that was the problem with Tadhg alright. As long term viewers of the show will know only too well, when Tadhgeen is under pressure, bad things happen so I reckon that there will be a few storylines springing out of this..... ;)

Really can't stand Peigi

• Advertisement
Advertisement