Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

This series is going downhill fast :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Nice to see Katy there...looks to have grown a fair bit from last season.

Taigh not taking it well. Wonder if he will lose it soon.

That Peigi is some messed up bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Muireann wolfsbane the yank

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    That Peigi is some messed up bitch

I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 siochain705

Does anyone know much about Máire Nic Gearailt, the actress that plays Peigí? I know that the character is an older drunk, but she speaks her lines so slowly, I wonder if she's not a native speaker. She does seem to have been around a bit though. Looks like she was in Corp & Anam a while back.

Bobbi Lee always makes me crazy but I'm not at all fond of Katy either.

The mentions of Seamus really stand out for me. I miss him and I know that they need to deal with the actor's death (Diarmuid Mac An Adhastair,). I wonder how the other cast members feel about it when he comes up in the dialog.

I started to wonder if that's why they are making Tadhg have such a hard time with the coffins, so he doesn't have to be the one to bury Seamus in the future?? Just guessing here.

I'm glad not to have anything more on Adam right now. I had my fill!

• Advertisement

Die Péigí die!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Leilak

does anyone else think Mo might be pregnant in real life ? thought she looked abit puffy on Tuesday nights episode

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Well Deirdre seems like a good addition to the cast anyway, already getting involved with the locals and hasn't even met up with John Joe or Katy yet (for anyone who didn't twig it, she's the one Caitríona was showing the apartment to)...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

And I don't know if it was a fluke or not, but Peigí's growing on me a little after tonight. I think she works well when partnered up with Máire to be fair...

Well Deirdre seems like a good addition to the cast anyway, already getting involved with the locals and hasn't even met up with John Joe or Katy yet (for anyone who didn't twig it, she's the one Caitríona was showing the apartment to)...

I guessed as much from the accent! I wonder what she will be like.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know what exactly happened between Berni and Liam all those years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Does anyone know what exactly happened between Berni and Liam all those years ago?

Good question! I wouldn't mind knowing either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

Which time?

The first time I remember Liam left Berni when she was pregnant (can't remember if he knew or not). He went travelling around. Poor Berni was struggling on her own and Maire wasn't being too nice to her. I think Berni worked in the pub with Tadgh and Angela and this was when she started getting close to Micheal.

The second time they slept after they were married. Liam went off with Venessa and they had Fia.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

wyrn wrote: »
    Which time?

The first time I remember Liam left Berni when she was pregnant (can't remember if he knew or not). He went travelling around. Poor Berni was struggling on her own and Maire wasn't being too nice to her. I think Berni worked in the pub with Tadgh and Angela and this was when she started getting close to Micheal.

The second time they slept after they were married. Liam went off with Venessa and they had Fia.

No, it was something that was said the other night about Berni tricking him into marrying her.

Oh I haven't seen much of this season. I think what originally happened was that Berni and Liam were together and then he decided to go travelling ( I think he might have been with Vanessa). Then after he left she found out she was pregnant. She wouldn't let anyone tell him because she didn't want him to come back just because of that. She didn't want to trick him.

Thinking back now, I remember the episode when he did come back and they were all asking him had he seen Berni and he was completely clueless.

A ha! I had a search and found Season 4 playlist on youtube. So Berni and Liam had been married, he went travelling, she found out she was pregnant, didn't tell Liam and here's the episode when he eventually returns to Ros na Rún!

Here's the clip where he catches up with Máire and Peadar.

Liam finds out at 22mins

Here's a clip where Berni asks for an annulment

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Bernie and Liam were engaged and a couple of days before the wedding Liam had cold feet and wanted to call it off. Bernie persuaded him that it would be fairer if she jilted him because she would be embarassed if he split with her so close to the wedding. She promised him that she would not show up to the church, leaving everyone to think that it had been her idea to call off the wedding.

On the day Liam showed up as promised and so did Bernie, he was so surprised to see her that he went ahead with the wedding.

Shortly after it turned out that the wedding had not been legal because they had not given three months notice, but the church wedding was recognised. They were going to have a second "official" marriiage but then just as Bernie found out that she was pregnant Liam headed off to travel with the sister of the photographer (can't rememember his or her name).

Liam did not know that Bernie was pregnant until he returned to Ros na Run many months later.

Thanks for that Cassie, I'd completely forgotten that. I think it was Tom's sister and the mother of Dylan (whom Tom and Jack adopted when she died) that went travelling with Liam. Was her name Carmel?

Season over, great ending... Tadhg and Angela sleep together again, Liam runs away with Carmel unaware Bernie is pregnant, Mack & Ciara get together with Jason probably coming back soon, and best of all Andy is out on bail and Robbie will be bricking himself. Oh, and I thought the scene where Sean convinced Catriona to take back her job and watching her ego grow and grow by the word was hilarious biggrin.png

Yup it was Carmel (from the repeat of Season 3 thread)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Bernie and Liam were engaged and a couple of days before the wedding Liam had cold feet and wanted to call it off. Bernie persuaded him that it would be fairer if she jilted him because she would be embarassed if he split with her so close to the wedding. She promised him that she would not show up to the church, leaving everyone to think that it had been her idea to call off the wedding.

On the day Liam showed up as promised and so did Bernie, he was so surprised to see her that he went ahead with the wedding.

Shortly after it turned out that the wedding had not been legal because they had not given three months notice, but the church wedding was recognised. They were going to have a second "official" marriiage but then just as Bernie found out that she was pregnant Liam headed off to travel with the sister of the photographer (can't rememember his or her name).

Liam did not know that Bernie was pregnant until he returned to Ros na Run many months later.

Always thought this was the best soap opera cliff hanger. I think the woman who gave Bernie away convinced her to marry, as she thought Bernie was having cold feet. Owner of the radio station.

Thanks for that.

Would that Peigi ever hurry up and die!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Muireann wolfsbane the yank

Would that Peigi ever hurry up and die!

Sadly nope.

By the way this is off topic, but I was watching Outlander, and you never guess who Horrocks is = Dara!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

How do people in Ros na Rún manage to arrange long haul holidays/emigrations at a moment's notice? "Will we just book a trip to Australia leaving this afternoon?" "Ah yeah, here's €10000 for flights and I'll just magic up some visas now"

I know it's fiction, but they're always at that when they need to write characters out : Martina moved to Sydney 2hrs after deciding to go, Grainne went to India for a year with a day's notice, Sarah bounces to and from America as if she was going from Galway to Dublin, Maire & Peadar went to New Zealand on a whim a couple years ago and now Evan and Berni are off gallivanting with no planning whatsoever. At least be realistic :P

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭CassieManson

How do people in Ros na Rún manage to arrange long haul holidays/emigrations at a moment's notice? "Will we just book a trip to Australia leaving this afternoon?" "Ah yeah, here's €10000 for flights and I'll just magic up some visas now"

I know it's fiction, but they're always at that when they need to write characters out : Martina moved to Sydney 2hrs after deciding to go, Grainne went to India for a year with a day's notice, Sarah bounces to and from America as if she was going from Galway to Dublin, Maire & Peadar went to New Zealand on a whim a couple years ago and now Evan and Berni are off gallivanting with no planning whatsoever. At least be realistic :P

Did Bernie go with Evan? I thought she told him to go on his own?

Did Bernie go with Evan? I thought she told him to go on his own?

She did, but at the end of the episode, as he was leaving, she showed up and said something like "you didn't think you were going without me did you?", so I think they went together.

Katy's mother's voice goes through my head!!

They shared a clip on Facebook today - there'll be an episode in tribute to Seamus/Diarmaid on the 22nd (which is a Wednesday - I think it'll be on three days in a row that week). Not sure if I'm looking forward to it or not :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Katy's mother's voice goes through my head!!

Mine too! Extremely coarse sounding. :(

Advertisement