Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run season 3 (1998) starting Monday!!

Options
  • 19-07-2012 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Over the last two summers I've watched Season 1 & 2. Anyone else going to watch it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Philsopher

I'll be watching! Great show, have followed it from the start and love the repeats in the summer - like watching something from history with the cheap sets, clothes and the acting was shocking at times! lol

Anyone ever see the original series from 1992 or something, think RTÉ made it? Could be wrong on that but I thought it existed in some form (or even as a once off or short series) before TG4 came along?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

:pac:

AyxCzlOCYAAbhUM.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Sam Tyler

I love watching this in the afternoon !! Great to have it back ! Has Rita and Paddy left ??

Sam Tyler wrote: »
    I love watching this in the afternoon !! Great to have it back ! Has Rita and Paddy left ??

Paddy left with Eimear at the end of Season 2 and Rita left a few seasons into this one.

A bit unrealistic how Jason, who is in the show to this day, never visits, calls or even mentions his sister Eimear. It's like she has been wiped from history. :D

A few observations:
    - Maire's son was a gormless chap, wasn't he?
    - Robbie and Sean were brilliant characters
    - Love Sile's hair
    - Sarah must be ancient, God love her. Herself, Seamus, Colin, Peader and Maire look exactly the same.
    - That Carmel went on to play a role in Fair City, didn't she? Geraldine iirc?
    - That Ciara who had a crush on Jason was a fine thing, but had woeful fashion sense.... those jumpers :pac:
    - Berni was buck-toothed as hell
    - The actress playing Ali really overdramatised crying. Had to snigger a couple of times.
    - Mack was funny as hell trying to play Mr. Cool
    - That Eoin looks a monk, especially when he wears that brown coat.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Godot. wrote: »
    Over the last two summers I've watched Season 1 & 2. Anyone else going to watch it?

me too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Been looking forward to this since last year, flicking around today and caught the last ten minutes:eek:

Feel like I have missed loads , anything big happen this week?

tishandy wrote: »
    Been looking forward to this since last year, flicking around today and caught the last ten minutes:eek:

Feel like I have missed loads , anything big happen this week?

The big thing this week was the death of baby sariose. Of course Tadhg does not know that he's not the father.

On a different note, Tom and Jack seem to be in a different house to last season can anyone explain? I missed the first two weeks! Also that new chef is a terrible actor!! Anyone agree??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

who is the actress playing carmel?

she looks so familiar!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Great stuff...enjoying it a lot as I never saw it the first time. A good idea to have something on during the summer. Fair City could do the same to be honest if RTE want to cut costs.

Oh btw does anyone know how many episodes this series has? Just wondering how long more left for me to enjoy :P

• Advertisement

Oh btw does anyone know how many episodes this series has? Just wondering how long more left for me to enjoy :P

There's something like 70 in the series and it usually runs September to may. Currently we are up to 23 in the repeats and it's Xmas on screen !

There's something like 70 in the series and it usually runs September to may. Currently we are up to 23 in the repeats and it's Xmas on screen !

Thanks for that...lots more to come then!

I really don't like how desperate and pathetic the writers have made Ali! She striked me as a strong character but she seems to have gone to pieces over Owen !! They only seemed to be together a couple of months !!

I love Owens car though it's very retro !!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Yangedd

I actually watched an episode the other afternoon by accident while flicking through channels. Was good to see the old episodes again, especially with that baboon Liam. I laughed at the ending when the Doc arrived at the bar and Liam fled in terror.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

Yangedd wrote: »
    I actually watched an episode the other afternoon by accident while flicking through channels. Was good to see the old episodes again, especially with that baboon Liam. I laughed at the ending when the Doc arrived at the bar and Liam fled in terror.

The scene with Louise looking for 'Leonard' in the shop and Liam diving behind boxes was even better. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Yangedd

He's comical!!

Poor Owen! :(

he's really tormented!

i was just watching where he was telling Sinead he could never find the right woman for him....

eh? of course not! you are gay!

Yeah Owen bocht !!

What a sad ending for his character! The writing seems a bit patchy as we head towards the end of this series. Vanessa has turned into a bit of cow but she is bound to snap out of it soon !

For me Tadhg makes every scene that he is in his own !

Yeah Owen bocht !!

What a sad ending for his character! The writing seems a bit patchy as we head towards the end of this series. Vanessa has turned into a bit of cow but she is bound to snap out of it soon !

i agree, Tadhg tp this day is great playing the character we love to hate!

is it obvious to anyone else that the money was stolen by
    andy...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,503 ✭✭✭baldbear

What time does it be on at lads?

• Advertisement

baldbear wrote: »
    What time does it be on at lads?

2 & half 2. Just stick it on Sky + if you're working :)

Fashion-wise, hairstyles in '98 are quite similar to todays world, but the clothes are so outdated. Those jumpers Catriona and Ciara wear. :eek: I love Sile's hair though.

I wish some of the original characters would do a reunion meet-up night for TG4, I'd love to see how much they have aged in the best part of 15 years.

Yeah Owen bocht !!

Yeah, I thought his death was far too premature, there was a lot they could have done with the character compared to someone pointless like Ali who will presumably spend the rest of the series moping about because of his death. Or even Harry who became deadweight fast after a good start.

Godot. wrote: »
    Yeah, I thought his death was far too premature, there was a lot they could have done with the character compared to someone pointless like Ali who will presumably spend the rest of the series moping about because of his death. Or even Harry who became deadweight fast after a good start.

Completely agree, Ali became so desperate and whinny after Owen ditched her. I can't see any future for her in Ros na Run !
    I thought something was going to happen with Jack and Harry :eek:
    But since his arrrial he has not done anything only date Vannessa,

Jack too got a terrible exit it:(

Il miss this with it finishes, the current series doesn't have the same charm for me.

Completely agree, Ali became so desperate and whinny after Owen ditched her. I can't see any future for her in Ros na Run !
    I thought something was going to happen with Jack and Harry :eek:
    But since his arrrial he has not done anything only date Vannessa,

Jack too got a terrible exit it:(

but to be fair Ali's still in somewhat denial about Owen and Tom,

is jack coming back at all? i liked him.

and is there anywhere i can read up on what happens next?

Does anyone else prefer the old episodes to more recent ones? Even the intro tune was better!

It seems to be more endearing than the current version, the characters are more interesting and have more depth.

Some of the acting may not be good but for it's time some of the stories were groundbreaking!

It seems to be more endearing than the current version, the characters are more interesting and have more depth.

Some of the acting may not be good but for it's time some of the stories were groundbreaking!

That robbery with Andy was one of the most enjoyable episodes of a soap I've ever had - it had a bit of everything! And Tadhg saved the day after being blamed by everyone for so long. :D Shame there's only a week of it left before having to wait another year for season 4.... I wonder if the studios at TG4 would be willing to give it to me on DVD if I asked? I would definitely be willing to pay if needs be.

Season over, great ending... Tadhg and Angela sleep together again, Liam runs away with Carmel unaware Bernie is pregnant, Mack & Ciara get together with Jason probably coming back soon, and best of all Andy is out on bail and Robbie will be bricking himself. Oh, and I thought the scene where Sean convinced Catriona to take back her job and watching her ego grow and grow by the word was hilarious :D

It was a great ending to what was a good third series! The Tadgh/Angela relationship is fascinating!!

I will really miss this now it's finished! Next summer seems ages away!!

Be good chatting with all about it ! Till next time!!

• Advertisement

I notice on the Ros na Run website there's a video of Robbie & Sean getting killed by a fire at the petrol pumps. Anything to do with Andy?

Advertisement