Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Steve SI wrote: »
    Oh come on!! Can't say that and leave it.
    Can we have a small hint?

It's highly highly common, but yet unique in that it's the only one in the world :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Myrddin wrote: »
    It's highly highly common, but yet unique in that it's the only one in the world :D

You're selling people?

You're selling people?

Human trafficking man...tis the way forward :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Would I want it? :)

Steve SI wrote: »
    Would I want it? :)

I think you will, not sure, but I think so. What I will say, is that the item will be not the usual for sale thread, but will instead be an auction-format. Normally this isn't allowed, but all will be revealed why & why it's allowed for this item in due course. So if you do want it, god help us all trying to outbid you good sir :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I think you will, not sure, but I think so. What I will say, is that the item will be not the usual for sale thread, but will instead be an auction-format. Normally this isn't allowed, but all will be revealed why & why it's allowed for this item in due course. So if you do want it, god help us all trying to outbid you good sir :o

Haha, well I just bought an apartment abroad so funds might be an issue. I'm damn curious now :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You're selling people?

Soylent Green.
    Easier to transport and finger licking good!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

So to summarize;

Myrddin is having a boards.ie approved auction (I take it for a good cause?) for an item which is highly common, yet highly unique and Steve_SI may want one.

We can also assume it's games related given the forum it'll be posted in.

I haven't a notion. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,962 ✭✭✭Doge

20140623115921_37869.jpeg

Speaking of secrets, how does one join that Games Mods forum?

Do you have to be an active Game Modder or can I.......you know....

EnterNow? ;)

b9377d9bd37cc8103776d020507bf6c2230a896b3decf4a76879f0361075ef0d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,962 ✭✭✭Doge

Actually I think I just realized that the games mods forum is for Moderators and Category Mods of the Gaming Forum and subforums, and not an actual game modding forum!

Duh!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I used to have access to that.

It's full of perverts, best stay away.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Since you left it's populated by much more attractive perverts... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Now begins my campaign to get the Hosted Lego forum moved to the Games category.

Betcha he doesn't even discuss it in the Games mods forum though...

Never realised there was a LEGO forum!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

41W2PNJ6PTL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Since you left it's populated by much more attractive perverts... :pac:

For the record
    I am not a pervert.
    I am a mod around here though, so my hinges don't quite line up...

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I am not a pervert.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

You're auctioning off my private nude session voucher I gave you at Christmas!

But seriously whats in the box!?

WHAT+S+UNDER+THE+HAT+_22c18a5120f6451da6ef658934659539.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Few years ago there were a lot of brand new turbograx consoles with accessory packs available like this

What was the story with these, I doubt they were original stock. I believe the PAL version had a very limited release back in the day.

Master of the Universe

I remember that alright, almost bought one.

Probably a warehouse find, happens a good bit.

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    So to summarize;

Myrddin is having a boards.ie approved auction (I take it for a good cause?) for an item which is highly common, yet highly unique and Steve_SI may want one.

All correct, & yes, it is for a good cause. Though as I said, if Steve has an interest in the item we're all screwed :(:o
    waveform wrote: »
    Actually I think I just realized that the games mods forum is for Moderators and Category Mods of the Gaming Forum and subforums, and not an actual game modding forum!

Duh!

Indeed, all you have to do is become a mod within the Games Category. Then:

350x700px-LL-6666570e_Stonecutters.jpeg
    Ron DMC wrote: »
    Now begins my campaign to get the Hosted Lego forum moved to the Games category.

Betcha he doesn't even discuss it in the Games mods forum though...

Ha, believe it or not I've raised that before. Lego is crying out to be a full on boards forum, & not a hosted one...it would be a good move. Though not sure if the userbase would be happy to see it in the Games cat...

Master of the Universe

Ha, believe it or not I've raised that before. Lego is crying out to be a full on boards forum, & not a hosted one...it would be a good move. Though not sure if the userbase would be happy to see it in the Games cat...

What's the story with the Hosted category? I could never figure it out.

Originally I thought it was for businesses, but have seen oddities where forums are under that category when they're not associated with a business (wasn't paranormal there at one point?)

If boards have an issue naming one of their forums after a product like LEGO, then they could easily get around it by having an overall 'Construction Toys' forum.

Would definitely get more traffic I'd say, can't say I ever browse Hosted at all...

What's the story with the Hosted category? I could never figure it out.

Originally I thought it was for businesses, but have seen oddities where forums are under that category when they're not associated with a business (wasn't paranormal there at one point?)

If boards have an issue naming one of their forums after a product like LEGO, then they could easily get around it by having an overall 'Construction Toys' forum.

Would definitely get more traffic I'd say, can't say I ever browse Hosted at all...

They are just forums that are quite literally hosted by Boards, but not actually part of boards if you get me. There's games ones too, but they seem dead.

Indeed, all you have to do is become a mod within the Games Category. Then:

350x700px-LL-6666570e_Stonecutters.jpeg

It wasn't always called the Games Mod forum.
    For a while it was called "The No O1s1ns"

Ah o1s1n will be back someday, don't worry :)

That's ok, it's the "The No O1s1ns" club, so we're allowed one O1s1n.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭crazydom

Good deals!

They're just waiting for one Streets of Rage/Golden Axe comment too many from me then BANG! It'll be a pleasant PM thanking me for my services and O1s1n will be back in the game!
    Don't do it!
    Take Retr0 instead!

So to summarize;

Here we go - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057260175

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Lego is crying out to be a full on boards forum, & not a hosted one...it would be a good move. Though not sure if the userbase would be happy to see it in the Games cat...
    It could just as easily fit within the Arts category. This may require further thought.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement