Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭donaghs

Travellers doing the rounds today in Laurel lodge roads for "sponsored walk". Seems like a couple of kids, each one takes a different side of a road. One I spoke to seemed a bit hazy as to what school they were supposed to collecting for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭septictank

Had them twice around the area St Margaret's Navan , doesn't exist.
    Mother follows behind in a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

"Disgraceful hearing about what happened in Hartstown yesterday afternoon. Witnessed by a number of 12 year olds and many others. One car rammed off the road by another full of men who, in broad daylight, assaulted the driver and smashed his car. Witnesses say an infant child was in the car at the time. This is totally unacceptable and community condemns this. Blanchardstown Garda Station 01-6667000 for witnesses to come forward".

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153077141384399&set=a.10150208620984399.330879.591204398&type=1&theater

http://www.herald.ie/news/dads-scalp-almost-torn-off-in-front-of-daughter-by-thugs-30974891.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Based on the description and pattern, it seems the same crew who attacked a lady in Pheasants run, also attacked a young man near the Blanch centre last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭slavedave

When was the attack in Pheasants run please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭DaithiMa

Be careful if you are considering parking on the old entrance road into Blanchardstown Hospital (the road from the village down from The Vineyard Pub) I walk my dog down that way fairly frequently, and on a few evenings (maybe 4 or 5 over the last 6 months) there have been cars with their windows smashed in.
    It has usually been cars parked near the Tolka Bridge (after the flyover). Id say they smash, grab and then leg it into the woods/valley. Haven't seen any in the last month or so, but am only after discovering this thread so thought i'd let people know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Loads of car windows smashed in Allendale last night,little scumbags wrecked a few cars,

They were in my garden ready to go and one of them noticed the CCTV system and ran..

Gards say they have a que of people ringing from all over the area..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Sorry to hear that Kev... can you give us any description of the guys doing this? PM me if you don't want to post it on here ;) cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Kev. wrote: »
    Loads of car windows smashed in Allendale last night,little scumbags wrecked a few cars,

They were in my garden ready to go and one of them noticed the CCTV system and ran..

Gards say they have a que of people ringing from all over the area..
    Anything stolen or just mindless vandalism?

• Advertisement

Arciphel wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Kev... can you give us any description of the guys doing this? PM me if you don't want to post it on here ;) cheers.

From the CCTV there was 2 lads,about 20 odd,Caps and scarves on both.Tracksuits on both.

Funny thing is although they were smashing up cars in the estate they came straight up to my front door,I can clearly see them going straight past my neighbors house and into mine.Maybe looking to get keys

I have my dog in the hall so I recon she started barking or maybe they noticed the CCTV,but whatever it was they sprinted out and jump over the bushes.

My wife rang the police and they are coming later to have a look.TBH you cant see their faces because of the caps.

fletch wrote: »
    Anything stolen or just mindless vandalism?

Im not to sure but I think they were looking for stuff in cars or to take the cars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Just to let you know I was approached by a man in Westend Car Park in Blanch Centre today asking would I be interested in some Paco Rabanne Aftershave (guess this is the weekend that someone might be buying aftershave for Valentine's pressies).

He had a back pack on with a navy quilted jacket and and a large hole (possibly fully ripped) where an earring would have gone in the ear.

Just to let you know I was approached by a man in Westend Car Park in Blanch Centre today asking would I be interested in some Paco Rabanne Aftershave (guess this is the weekend that someone might be buying aftershave for Valentine's pressies).

He had a back pack on with a navy quilted jacket and and a large hole (possibly fully ripped) where and earring would have gone on the ear.

So - how does the aftershave smell? :pac::pac::pac: Just kidding. Sounds dodgy in the extreme!

DK8vk8Y.jpg

Just to inform anyone on boards who may live in the area, the residents associations & neighbourhood watch groups in Littlepace have organised a public meeting for this Wednesday the 18th of February @ 7.30pm in the function room upstairs in the Paddocks.

The meeting is open to all residents, and will be attended by senior Garda management from the Blanchardstown station as well as our community garda liaison. Local Councillors will also be in attendance.

This is the ideal forum to find out what is happening in the area, hear some crime prevention tips & also to ask any questions of the local garda force. Please see above for the flyer, with details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,363 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Good to hear about this meeting.

What areas does it extend to does anyone know?

• Advertisement

Primarily aimed at residents of the various estates within Littlepace, but you can come if you like as the burglary prevention talk should be v. worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Arciphel wrote: »
    Primarily aimed at residnts of the various estates within Littlepace, but you can come if you like as the burglary prevention talk should be v. worthwhile.

I was at a smiliar meeting in the Castleknock Hotel last wednesday, a few Gardai from Blanchardstown and Cabra were there although it was a Fianna Fail organised event, their Councillors and a TD in attendance only. The Burglary preventation presentation is good, mostly common sense but still worth seeing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Lidl in Tyrrelstown was held up last night at 7pm by two masked raiders with guns :( They got around 5000 euro. :(

I was thinking about going there last night at 6.50pm but decided to go this morning instead! phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭starf1sh

The group of black lads between 17 and 20 who reside at 'The gap' of Huntstown and Clonee

Hello, can someone please tell me exactly where "the gap" is? I'm looking to buy a house around Huntstown and can't figure out where the gap is...

Thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

starf1sh wrote: »
    Hello, can someone please tell me exactly where "the gap" is? I'm looking to buy a house around Huntstown and can't figure out where the gap is...

Thank you!
    Here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭starf1sh

fletch wrote: »
    Here

Ah ok, thank you for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Shiranui

Friday the 13th.

Some lunatic driving a most likely stolen Nissan Micra, damaged a car parked in Briarwood area. Nissan Micra parts were scattered on the street, near the car that was damaged.
    Culprit then parked this Micra in cul-de-sac (Briarwood Bungallows) close to the park and disappeared, just left the car there.
    Garda took the car away over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bottler70

House burglary in Aspen near Clonsilla Village last night. Didn't get much. They somehow managed to disable the alarm from a switch box outside the house in the porch. Stay vigilant folks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Burgulary in Riverwood lawn / view area last night. Thieves dismantled the back window, entered the house and got the keys for the family car which they made off in after going around the house and taking an Xbox 1, cash and other valuables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I heard about a burglary and an attempted burglary in Riverwood Chase. Apparently around 5am on morning of Thursday 5th March. I have yet to verify.

daymobrew wrote: »
    I heard about a burglary and an attempted burglary in Riverwood Chase. Apparently around 5am on morning of Thursday 5th March. I have yet to verify.

I must admit I'm not 100% sure where the burgulary occurred - story was original related by my son after school, then verified with one of the neighbours whom my wife knows better. We're in the Riverwood dene side so not 100% with the roads on that site, but closw enough to the chase to perhaps be the same burgulary.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I've heard that there was a second break in on the following night with a car stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

Any more details, was this in Riverwood? Was the house alarmed?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

dibs101 wrote: »
    Any more details, was this in Riverwood? Was the house alarmed?

What I heard was that it was in Riverwood and they broken/removed a door pane to steal the car keys. No idea about an alarm.

5uspect wrote: »
    What I heard was that it was in Riverwood and they broken/removed a door pane to steal the car keys. No idea about an alarm.

Yeah can second that. Definitely in Riverwood. Rear window removed at the back of the house, entered the house and made off with the car keys and car. Not sure about alarm (set and deactivated or just not set). Occupants slept through the whole thing. Two adults and two young children.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

An attempt was made this afternoon by 2 men in a red car to abduct a child in Mount Symon Lawn in Clonsilla. They lured the young girl with sweets and grabbed her, she managed to bite one of the men and free herself.

I hate to think what might befall a child in such circumstances, shocking stuff. Keep an eye out and stay vigilant folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I'm always sceptical on the source for such stories, a lot of the time it's rumours from Facebook and the like. Have the gardai commented?

Contrast this to the actual attempted abduction last week in which the gardai were out quickly with details and a description.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Has it been reported to the garda? Why isn't it on the news?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

January wrote: »
    Has it been reported to the garda? Why isn't it on the news?

I've seen it on FB tonight, the person who posted it was told by staff at the creche their children attend.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Let's try and keep this thread for factual reports rather than what's doing the rounds on facebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

But remember - if you went to the gym and didn't post it on Facebook - you didn't go to the gym. :-)

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I'm always sceptical on the source for such stories, a lot of the time it's rumours from Facebook and the like. Have the gardai commented?

Contrast this to the actual attempted abduction last week in which the gardai were out quickly with details and a description.

Fair point. For whats its worth, the mother of one of the children involved relayed to a neighbour who in turn relayed it to me, I didn't see it on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Ah the aul FB the depository of all things factual & non superlative............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

An attempt was made this afternoon by 2 men in a red car to abduct a child in Mount Symon Lawn in Clonsilla. They lured the young girl with sweets and grabbed her, she managed to bite one of the men and free herself.

I hate to think what might befall a child in such circumstances, shocking stuff. Keep an eye out and stay vigilant folks.

A text message has gone out to parents about this from two of the local primary schools, they don't do this with out garda consultation.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Doesnt sound like the same incident Finglas Incubus mentioned.

Exact same area.

Maybe the version Finglas Incubus heard was embellished a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

To me it doesn't really matter whether the incident was "real" or just a Facebook fad.

You take care of your kids. Fullstop.

If I found out a paedophile predator was living next door, my care of my child wouldn't change at all. Because I mind him already. He doesn't wander around unsupervised now, and that really won't change for a long time.

To me it doesn't really matter whether the incident was "real" or just a Facebook fad.

Well it absolutely does matter if it's real or not.

January wrote: »
    Maybe the version Finglas Incubus heard was embellished a bit.

I don't believe my neighbour (or the mother of the child) embellished the story but I note the news story reads one man and not two, otherwise the account was very similar. Either way, I felt it prudent to let folks know in the spirit of informing the community. I should mention that I live in the estate, all the more worrying to hear that an event such as this has occurred on your doorstep. Lets hope someone can identify the car in question with a view to the Gardai tracking this guy down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭sparky63

ThisRegard wrote: »

A lot of time its the only way to spread word around about issues in your locality. Dont kid yourself thinking the Gardai will comment on everything of public interest or concern in your locality. The Guards will only comment if they need information, feel that others are at serious risk or they have to because the majority of people already know and they feel they need to comment or correct things. There are so many incidents daily, many of which we would deem we should know about but the guards don't comment on. To be honest if the gardai were to tell you everything that happened in your locality, you wouldn't want to live there and if you had no choice you would kick up a stink as to why the guards aren't doing more.

What sort of daily incidents are you talking about?

sparky63 wrote: »
    The Guards will only comment if they need information, feel that others are at serious risk

All of which apply to the issue with the kids, and they did inform people.

You're jumping to a big conclusion if you draw from my post that I expect the gardai to inform people of every little issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

A message sent to my phone from Hartstown community school ...

"Following an incident in Hartstown during the week where two males in a dark coloured car approached one of our pupils, we are asking parents to talk to their children about their safety. The Garda are dealing with this matter."

So a student from Hartstown CS, not scoil Mhuire as reported in the link above. Or is it a different 'men in dark car' indicent?

• Advertisement
Advertisement