Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferguson Ariva HD Combo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Did you try press the green audio button while watching RTE1. You get
    Language set to 1/3 (English)
    Level Normal
    Track Stereo

If I set Language to 2/3 (nar) I get no sound.

I hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Perfect!
    Simple when you know how.....

my new BFFriendo !
    Thanks a mil
    FRIENDO wrote: »
    Did you try press the green audio button while watching RTE1. You get
    Language set to 1/3 (English)
    Level Normal
    Track Stereo

If I set Language to 2/3 (nar) I get no sound.

I hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭jackbauer

I just purchased an Ariva 120HD and updated it to v2.15 software via usb. Now its dead and just displays "ASH" on the front lcd. Anyone know of any way to reset it or force upload an older firmware? Any help much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dekalb

Hi jackbauer,

You may be able to restore your firmware if you have a NULL-Modem serial cable through the STB EROM Upgrade tool from ALi. At least, I was able to dump a complete firmware, from an Ariva 120, using it and my understanding is that it can reflash any ALi M3602 based STB, even if bricked (though I have only tried a dump, so I can't promise that'll work).

You can download the tool here.

If successful, please report, as this will help others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mmmmcl

Can someone provide instructions on how to copy just the channel list from one Ariva 220HD to another one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

dekalb wrote: »
    Hi jackbauer,

You may be able to restore your firmware if you have a NULL-Modem serial cable through the STB EROM Upgrade tool from ALi. At least, I was able to dump a complete firmware, from an Ariva 120, using it and my understanding is that it can reflash any ALi M3602 based STB, even if bricked (though I have only tried a dump, so I can't promise that'll work).

You can download the tool here.

If successful, please report, as this will help others.

ASH is a wrong firmware flash message! Standard.... usually time for Jtag lab.

Nearly impossible to kill M3602 A or B chips. Serial Boot rom loader onboard.

What size was the dump off the ariva.
    mmmmcl wrote: »
    Can someone provide instructions on how to copy just the channel list from one Ariva 220HD to another one?

The Ariva 200 and the Ariva 220/120 are different software by the way in case anyone gets confused and flashes the wrong firmware.

The user db is the channel list as far as I am aware and can be copied alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 patolocko67

Hi all most of the kids channels have gone any ideas why?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

looks like they're coming from a different transponder from about 2 weeks ago, if you use 11307 (I think) instead of 11642, that's where they are now.

Sorry if the numbers are off, the box is at home...

Cheers,
    Eddie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Hi all most of the kids channels have gone any ideas why?

They are not gone , the broadcaster changed transponder frequency . A tranposnder scan with the new frequency should get it back .

http://www.satellite.ie/acatalog/Frequently_Asked_Questions.html

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dekalb

STB wrote: »
    Nearly impossible to kill M3602 A or B chips. Serial Boot rom loader onboard.
    Yup, more and more SoCs have serial recovery ROM these days, so you can actually reflash a completely bricked or unititialized system using nothing but a serial cable. Don't even need JTAG. The recovery software sends a bare-metal executable, that then takes over the flashing operations. Short of a hardware problem, I'm pretty sure the software I linked to will recover a bricked M3602 based Ariva unit no matter what, but it would be nice to have confirmation.
    What size was the dump off the ariva.
    4 MB, and identical to the official .abs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭peace2804

I have a little issue with my Ferguson Ariva 120, basically the sound cuts every now and then for a second or so, it doesn't always happen but it's quite annoying.

The thing is I had already a dish installed and I was using another receiver and I haven't had this issue before.

I haven't updated the firmware neither.

Do you know what causes this problem guys?

Cheers.

Why the double post ?

peace2804 wrote: »
    I have a little issue with my Ferguson Ariva 120,

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭peace2804

Sorry I just didn't know which one is visited the most :cool:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭Dessiemc27

hello i have a Ferguson Ariva T60 HD Digital MPEG4 box. Got it in for the ireland v slovakia game (waste of time really !) it worked fine for 2 days then we had a powercut and when i switch the box on all that comes up on the screen is the word boot and a green light and then - nothing. It wont work at all. has anyone else had this problem?

The installer is coming out before tomorrows game with a new box , but just wondering if there is a reset function on the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭myironlung

Removed (wrong thread)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Tessupnorth

I recently got one of these boxes after a few uses I had noticed the box had a habit of freezing or sticking at boot, after one of these i tried switching it off and on only it is now dead not a flicker of life in it, not impressed

I recently got one of these boxes after a few uses I had noticed the box had a habit of freezing or sticking at boot, after one of these i tried switching it off and on only it is now dead not a flicker of life in it, not impressed

My replacement box lasted a whole 11 days before it gave up the ghost aswell. These t60 boxes are very poor quality. We had powercuts due to the high winds and seemingly they cannot handle power surges at all..

Do not buy a ferguson t60 ariva box, as they are awful.

Dessiemc27 wrote: »

My replacement box lasted a whole 11 days before it gave up the ghost aswell. These t60 boxes are very poor quality. We had powercuts due to the high winds and seemingly they cannot handle power surges at all..

Do not buy a ferguson t60 ariva box, as they are awful.

Does anybody have an alternative solution to the ariva t60? There is bound to be a box commercially available that is of better build quality at least .

When you examine the t60 you find that the plug is a 2 pin European type that has been fitted with a plug adapter to work.

My second ariva box powers up but the graphics have wavy lines running through them and it won't tune a single station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Was told today that a walker Saorview box would be an option. I can pick up all the extra RTE channels and The free view ones you get on a standard digibox.

Had a look at the box today , looks good. There are not many reviews online though.

Has anybody out there experienced problems with the ferguson ariva T60?

• Advertisement

Guys this thread is about the combo not the T60 which is not a combo box.

sorry tony i will start a new thread..

Dessiemc27 wrote: »
    sorry tony i will start a new thread..

No need to be sorry Dessie

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hustle

can the same firmware and channel list be used to update both these boxes

Also thanks Tony received ariva 120 yesterday great service just plugged it in and had to do nothoing else. Thanks again.

No. They are different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Djrio

shblob wrote: »
    No. They are different.

Does anyone have the latest firmaware and channel list for the Ferguson Ariva 220 HD Combo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Galsat

Hi, I purchased 2 ariva combo 120s and when i plug them in i get a "no ch" message on the display and it is like it is frozen and wont let me into menu etc, does anybody have any idea what the problem could be as i have installed these before with no problems, thanks in advance for your help.

What do you see on the tv's display ?

Galsat wrote: »
    Hi, I purchased 2 ariva combo 120s and when i plug them in i get a "no ch" message on the display and it is like it is frozen and wont let me into menu etc, does anybody have any idea what the problem could be as i have installed these before with no problems, thanks in advance for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Galsat

Hi i sorted problem thanks, dodgy input on tv, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭jimrad

Hi folks..probably risking a slap here..but have to ask..I have been reading that the original HD combo can be patched to run with cccam...does anybody have a how to or tutorial on how to patch this box?..
    cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

jimrad wrote: »
    Hi folks..probably risking a slap here..but have to ask..I have been reading that the original HD combo can be patched to run with cccam...does anybody have a how to or tutorial on how to patch this box?..
    cheers

For experimental purposes I presume. All unofficial firmware at the hyperlink. As with all unofficial firmware you take your chance bricking your box..... make sure you at least download for the right model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭jimrad

Cheers STB..absoloutly for experimental purposes...All I can see is firmware patches,of which I've loaded up all of them but still cant figure out how toload cline & cccam..is there a how to somewhere in there?
    cheers again

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭victory10

Hi everyone.
    I haven't been here for a while. There is something wrong with the email notifications and after a while, I received nothing.
    Anyway, I have a serious problem with the Ferguson Ariva HD Combo.
    I have BBC HD channel from Hot Bird 13E 10,834V, but when I check the avilable audio sound tracks, there is only the Polish audio with APID 661.
    According to Lyngsat, there is also an English audio on APID 761.
    I checked with a Polish friend and he told me that he can select English audio using a different HD receiver. So the English audio is definitely being sent.
    I tried to delete the channel and then rescan, but no luck.
    I have the latest firmware 025 and there is no more support for this model.
    There is no way that I can add APID 761 from the menus. If there is a way, please let me know how to fix this problem.
    I would appreciate it very much if someone with the same model can check if they can select English audio on BBC HD, even without opening the channel.
    I may have to revert to factory reset, but I would rather do this as a last resort, and there is no guarantee that this will be a solution.
    Thank you for your assistance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

Maybe try saving the channel list to USB, load it into the channel editor, and change the APID to 761, save and reload? Possibly the fact that the APIDs aren't consecutive eg 661 POL, 662 ENG is causing the problem. I haven't got the Ariva here to check myself, next time I'm in the mother-in-laws I'll have a look.
    victory10 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.
    I haven't been here for a while. There is something wrong with the email notifications and after a while, I received nothing.
    Anyway, I have a serious problem with the Ferguson Ariva HD Combo.
    I have BBC HD channel from Hot Bird 13E 10,834V, but when I check the avilable audio sound tracks, there is only the Polish audio with APID 661.
    According to Lyngsat, there is also an English audio on APID 761.
    I checked with a Polish friend and he told me that he can select English audio using a different HD receiver. So the English audio is definitely being sent.
    I tried to delete the channel and then rescan, but no luck.
    I have the latest firmware 025 and there is no more support for this model.
    There is no way that I can add APID 761 from the menus. If there is a way, please let me know how to fix this problem.
    I would appreciate it very much if someone with the same model can check if they can select English audio on BBC HD, even without opening the channel.
    I may have to revert to factory reset, but I would rather do this as a last resort, and there is no guarantee that this will be a solution.
    Thank you for your assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭twinex

i know i'm in the company of experts here so this could be a laughable query but here goes...as with many other people i've lost some channels,most important of which are the few free kids channels, but when i try to input the frequency "11307" (amongst other frq's) a message pops up "frequency exist" what does it mean and how can it be sorted out? if anyone could help i'd be grateful, my sanity depends on it!............oh yeah it's the ferguson ariva hd combo

• Advertisement

First, delete the channels that have gone missing, then go to Satellite TP setup.
    Highlight the "Transponder no." field, click away until you get to 11307 Vertical, then scan.

It won't let you enter the frequency as it's already in the list.

The newly added channels will show up at the end of the list, you'll have to move them to where you had them before. It's worth getting familiar with this whole procedure, as it happens now and then that channels move, or new ones are added.
    twinex wrote: »
    i know i'm in the company of experts here so this could be a laughable query but here goes...as with many other people i've lost some channels,most important of which are the few free kids channels, but when i try to input the frequency "11307" (amongst other frq's) a message pops up "frequency exist" what does it mean and how can it be sorted out? if anyone could help i'd be grateful, my sanity depends on it!............oh yeah it's the ferguson ariva hd combo

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭twinex

rurs wrote: »
    First, delete the channels that have gone missing, then go to Satellite TP setup.
    Highlight the "Transponder no." field, click away until you get to 11307 Vertical, then scan.

It won't let you enter the frequency as it's already in the list.

The newly added channels will show up at the end of the list, you'll have to move them to where you had them before. It's worth getting familiar with this whole procedure, as it happens now and then that channels move, or new ones are added.
    thanks a million!, and well explained too

Maybe try saving the channel list to USB, load it into the channel editor, and change the APID to 761, save and reload? Possibly the fact that the APIDs aren't consecutive eg 661 POL, 662 ENG is causing the problem. I haven't got the Ariva here to check myself, next time I'm in the mother-in-laws I'll have a look.

Thanks rurs.
    I thought of going this route and spent few hours yesterday looking for a suitable editor for *.usb file, but didn't find any.
    I would appreciate it if you can suggest one that you use for the Ariva HD Combo.
    As there are several other channels with the same problem, can I add multiple APIDs using the editor, or I have to change it to the English one only?
    Thanks for your help.

I used the Ferguson Editor to change the APID to 761 and then reloaded the channel list with a USB stick.
    It works fine, but if I touch the audio green button, it reverts to Polish audio and I would have to reload the file again.
    Is there any way to have both audio tracks?
    How do I add a new channel to the Ferguson editor?
    I still need a better editor if anybody can recommend one.
    It is just such a primitive editor and I wish Ferguson can spend some time giving support to customers, even to discontinued models.
    I mean we buy a receiver that should last for several years and not to throw it away and buy a new one every year.

Try this editor.

It can import data directly from KingOFSat, and is generally much easier to use than the Ferguson one. It doesn't support the .usb files, but I've found you can use the export function, choose Iotronic 7121 .txt, load this into the Ferguson editor, and save as .usb. Only problem is the names of channels get a bit truncated.

Also, you'll have to rescan the terrestrial stations.

As for the APID issue, maybe have two versions of BBC HD, one set to each of the IDs. If you name them differently, it should work.

With the Ferguson editor, I think you can add a new channel by selecting the transponder at the top, then right click in the area below where the channels on the transponder are listed.
    victory10 wrote: »
    I used the Ferguson Editor to change the APID to 761 and then reloaded the channel list with a USB stick.
    It works fine, but if I touch the audio green button, it reverts to Polish audio and I would have to reload the file again.
    Is there any way to have both audio tracks?
    How do I add a new channel to the Ferguson editor?
    I still need a better editor if anybody can recommend one.
    It is just such a primitive editor and I wish Ferguson can spend some time giving support to customers, even to discontinued models.
    I mean we buy a receiver that should last for several years and not to throw it away and buy a new one every year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭tigerwood1

Hi guys
    I have a ferguson combo 120, i bought a wd elements 500g drive from argos but am having drive too slow errors and the unit keeps locking up. is there any way of formatting this drive to get it to work or am i fighting a lost cause. any ideas Alan

Try this editor.

It can import data directly from KingOFSat, and is generally much easier to use than the Ferguson one. It doesn't support the .usb files, but I've found you can use the export function, choose Iotronic 7121 .txt, load this into the Ferguson editor, and save as .usb. Only problem is the names of channels get a bit truncated.

Also, you'll have to rescan the terrestrial stations.

As for the APID issue, maybe have two versions of BBC HD, one set to each of the IDs. If you name them differently, it should work.

With the Ferguson editor, I think you can add a new channel by selecting the transponder at the top, then right click in the area below where the channels on the transponder are listed.

Thanks rurs.
    I think I will stick to the Ferguson Editor, now that I passed the learning curve. I will try the renaming method, although I prfer to have the option to change audio from the same channel.
    Appreciate the tip about adding a new channel. It works.

tigerwood1 wrote: »
    Hi guys
    I have a ferguson combo 120, i bought a wd elements 500g drive from argos but am having drive too slow errors and the unit keeps locking up. is there any way of formatting this drive to get it to work or am i fighting a lost cause. any ideas Alan

The HDD size shouldn't be a problem.
    The Ferguson 120 Combo prefers to format it in NTFS, in one partition.
    I would suggest to connect it to a PC or a laptop and see what other folders and drives it has.
    Backup everything that it has (in case there are some useful backup software, and any recording that you already have) and then format it in NTFS as one partition.
    If there is any other drive on it, you should make it inactive, otherwise it could interfere with the recording.
    There is a comment in this post about this from last year.
    Once you have a clean HDD, you can connect it to the receiver and see if it recognize it. You can also format it using the utility in the menu.
    You can then add the backed up PVR files on the PC to it, if everything seem to work OK. Remember to uninstall it using the menu before you disconnect it from the receiver.
    Hope this helps.

I got an Ariva & freecom 1tb hard drive from www.satworld.ie and they are both compatible.. I think they had hitatchi aswell in 500gb and said they work fine too. you have to format it as said above and it should work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Niteadds

hi guys. need a bit of a dig out. iv just tried to update me ariva 100e. was prompted with " do you wish to burn flash" yes or no and i hit yes and it continued and restarted and now it has ASH on the box display and nothings working. can i fix this through my pc with the rs cable?

thanks

I am interested in buying Ferguson Ariva 220 Combo, but would like to know first if the font size is larger than what I have now with Ariva HD Combo, and if there is a way to control the font size using a menu.
    In the HD Combo, it is not only the channel info and EPG info fonts are too small, but also the teletext subtitle text is too small.
    Thanks to any helpful replies.

Id say they're the same as the software in them is the same..

you could get a bigger tv which would be an option

or the opticum x703p combo has a big font in the menus
    http://satworld.ie/product-info.php?Opticum_HD_X7_Combo_Satellite_Terrestrial_Receiver-pid184.html

Id say they're the same as the software in them is the same..

you could get a bigger tv which would be an option

or the opticum x703p combo has a big font in the menus
    http://satworld.ie/product-info.php?Opticum_HD_X7_Combo_Satellite_Terrestrial_Receiver-pid184.html

Thanks. You have given me something to consider.
    But I would appreciate it if someone who has the 220 to give me a definite answer, since the software is NOT the same.

Hi Victory, ive seen one working and the whole interface is the same i know the channel lists and that are different but the interface is the same and you cant change the size of the font either

Hi Victory, ive seen one working and the whole interface is the same i know the channel lists and that are different but the interface is the same and you cant change the size of the font either

OK shblob. Thank you very much for clarifying this point.

• Advertisement
Advertisement