Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'48' Mobile operator - Prepaid offer - 3000mins & 5000 texts €10per month

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭gerdalt

Soarer wrote: »
    [removed by Mod]

EEHHH!!!!!

Ger just happens to be short for GERALDINE. :mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

My question is; if the €10 is a membership fee - does that mean you don't have €10 credit? I'm worried I'd need to ring an 1850 number or something. How would I pay for that??

Just ordered my sim a few days ago. Can't wait to run away from Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭faolteam

when u send a text why does a +1745 keep coming up????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Soarer wrote: »
    [removed by Mod]

Not as stupid as this comment! And I'm a man BTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

dory wrote: »
    My question is; if the €10 is a membership fee - does that mean you don't have €10 credit? I'm worried I'd need to ring an 1850 number or something. How would I pay for that??

Just ordered my sim a few days ago. Can't wait to run away from Meteor.

It's a membership fee - but included in this membership is the 3000 any network minutes and 5000 texts. But, unlike most topups, you don't get the "included minutes" and ALSO have €10 credit available to do other stuff with.

So pay the €10 membership and have the included calls and texts, no extra topup required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭tennis12

I unlocked my phone for the big move to 48 two days ago, got a text today off Vodafone offering me free Internet for 3 months , Id say they will do anything to try keep customers. Gotta love a bit of competition!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

It's a membership fee - but included in this membership is the 3000 any network minutes and 5000 texts. But, unlike most topups, you don't get the "included minutes" and ALSO have €10 credit available to do other stuff with.

So pay the €10 membership and have the included calls and texts, no extra topup required.

I'm probably being stupid here but does this mean that your 10 euro membership fee pays for your allotted minutes and texts and that it also gives you 10 euro credit to spend on other services?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I'm probably being stupid here but does this mean that your 10 euro membership fee pays for your allotted minutes and texts and that it also gives you 10 euro credit to spend on other services?

No! I maybe phrased it badly. You are paying for membership which includes minutes and texts. When you've paid for membership your balance is then zero but you can make calls and texts. To do anything else requires purchase of more credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

what happens if you are roaming ? Can you receive texts/calls while abroad (say in the EU) for free ? And if the 10 euro is used up in membership fees I presume you have to add more cash to make calls and send sms abroad ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

10 euro just pays for the membership which gives you calls, texts and 20 mins to landline.

If you want to do more, like call an 1800 number or roam then you need to top up again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

not as good as 3's deal as it doesnt include net.

20e top up, free calls (call any network at weekend) + texts + free net + free 10e credit.
    What are you talking about 100 minutes? I get 6000(3000+3000) minutes and only over that I get a warning, no extra cost. Try talking for 6000 minutes anyway.

also you get 10e free every single top up which I use to buy 2 extra months of net. (it's something like 4 or 5 euro a month). I can then webtext off my phone on cabbage for free and have 20e for use on calls, essentially meaning you only need to top up every two or three months on heavy usage. Also get 15 GB data.

I don't see how this 48 deal is in any way better?

Considering switching to Three, is the free 10e for switching?

The website says
    An extra €10 credit if you bring your number to Three and register with My3

I presumed this was a one off €10 (fairly paltry offer).
    Is it actually every time you top up? Is there an end date on it?

So if I understand correctly.... you run a cleverphone on Three and only need to top it up every couple of months or so how you outlined? Pretty neat.

Is this offer likely to end in April?

Do you go from 15gig data the month you top up to 500mb the months you don't?

Sorry for all the questions. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Alv_M

jondu wrote: »
    Cant see anywhere on their website where they require ID so you can say you are 18 :)

I signed up for a sim today and they emailed me saying they were going to do ''a backround check on me to see if i was 48 material'' i presume that means they were checking my age?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Alv_M wrote: »
    I signed up for a sim today and they emailed me saying they were going to do ''a backround check on me to see if i was 48 material'' i presume that means they were checking my age?
    I think it's a joke, all 48 correspondence contains these cringey little attempts at humour

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Alv_M

phasers wrote: »
    I think it's a joke, all 48 correspondence contains these cringey little attempts at humour

It does sound too good to be true. I've ordered a new sim off them, i wasnt going risking giving them my number, that way i can always go back to my old number. And i've seen a credit machine that sells 48 credit so i wont have to buy it online :P

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

Alv_M wrote: »
    It does sound too good to be true. I've ordered a new sim off them, i wasnt going risking giving them my number, that way i can always go back to my old number. And i've seen a credit machine that sells 48 credit so i wont have to buy it online :P

Yeah, I agree it does sound too good to be true... But I switched my number over 3 weeks ago and have used more minutes and texts so far this month than I used when I was paying 60euro a month...:D As I said before it is some deal... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

The-Rigger wrote: »

Think you had to opt in at Christmas two years ago - at least that's what I did.
    I get a tenner free credit every month, so I'm basically paying €10 for unlimited texts, unlimited weekend calls, free 3-3 calls anytime, and unlimited mobile internet & free Skype.

If I wasn't receiving the tenner back every month I'd nearly consider switching to 48, but their data plans are pretty poor as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I see internet offer is extended till the 30th April, lets hope they reconsider the €1 per hour and go with a better deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The-Rigger wrote: »

The website says

So if I understand correctly.... you run a cleverphone on Three and only need to top it up every couple of months or so how you outlined? Pretty neat.

Is this offer likely to end in April?

Do you go from 15gig data the month you top up to 500mb the months you don't?

Sorry for all the questions. :pac:

So many questions /dizzy :pac:

You get that initial 10e, and you get 10e EVERY time you top up, it's great. You can't use that 10e free to buy add-ons but you can use the 20e you arent really spending because everything is free.

Yes every 2-3 months I need to top up by 20E on a cleverphone(:-p)

They always extend these offers etc, thing it is already extended atm. If they don't they will lose all the business. They say that future offers are similar I believe.

Yep, 15 gig the top up month and then 500 on an add on month, which I don't ever go over, even though I use the net every day on it, watch youtube etc.

So yes the basic run though is I top up by 20, free stuffs for a month, at the end of the month buy a net top up for 5e. Get 10e free credit. Spend my credit on w/e. But I generally webtext from cabbage etc for free with the net topup. If by the third month I have a fiver I can spend left I use it on net again. Their data costs a fortune out of a deal and they dont warn you well when the month is up, so you have to watch out.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭walshy_c

nava wrote: »
    I see internet offer is extended till the 30th April, lets hope they reconsider the €1 per hour and go with a better deal.
    Where have they said that the internet offer is extended?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CFC007

walshy_c wrote: »
    Where have they said that the internet offer is extended?

It's here!

http://48months.ie/index/internet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭faolteam

What i would like to know is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

You get that initial 10e, and you get 10e EVERY time you top up, it's great. You can't use that 10e free to buy add-ons but you can use the 20e you arent really spending because everything is free.

They always extend these offers etc, thing it is already extended atm. If they don't they will lose all the business. They say that future offers are similar I believe.

Yep, 15 gig the top up month and then 500 on an add on month, which I don't ever go over, even though I use the net every day on it, watch youtube etc.

So yes the basic run though is I top up by 20, free stuffs for a month, at the end of the month buy a net top up for 5e. Get 10e free credit. Spend my credit on w/e. But I generally webtext from cabbage etc for free with the net topup. If by the third month I have a fiver I can spend left I use it on net again. Their data costs a fortune out of a deal and they dont warn you well when the month is up, so you have to watch out.

Thank you. :p

I can not make any calls.... Has anyone else any problems ??? My girlfriend is the same, can recieve calls... We both can recieve and send texts....Anyone know whats up ???

I can not make any calls.... Has anyone else any problems ??? My girlfriend is the same, can recieve calls... We both can recieve and send texts....Anyone know whats up ???

Did you add the €10 to the account? Not sure if after adding the €10 you need to go online to pay the membership, maybe you can contact them by email. to confirm.

False alarm... Calls are back... :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

faolteam wrote: »
    What i would like to know is

Coming up where? I'm not getting any +1745

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭i124Q

Basq wrote: »
    As for proving it, they may require a scan of passport or driving license - similar signing up to any site with gambling or lottery.

Photoshop please ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Is anybody having problems connecting to the internet? My blackberry won't connect. I'm entering the settings as follows:

APN - 48months.liffeytelecom.com

Username – [blank]

Password - [blank]

Do you actually put "[blank]" for username and password or just leave blank?

I have purchased the data package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

just leave it blank. You do know that BlackBerry services wont work.

• Advertisement

cookie1977 wrote: »

It's actually my brothers phone, have never used a blackberry myself... is services the balckbery messanging thing? the web browser will still work yeah?

cookie1977 wrote: »

It's actually my brothers phone, have never used a blackberry myself... is services the BlackBerry messaging thing? the web browser will still work yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

no BBM wont work but the browser might. If it doesnt try downloading the opera browser and you should be able to use that.
    http://mini.opera.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭Raoul

Me and my gf do the exact same thing plus lots of my friends use whatsapp so even less hassle than having to use cabbage after the first month.

I went 2months and 3 weeks without topping up and i get more use out of my phone than most people with a bill plan.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

How is whatsapp better? sounds good ^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭Raoul

How is whatsapp better? sounds good ^^

Well just its all in the one app, send and receive your messages there. Not much difference really. Sure its all great when its cheap.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Must I top up every month. Is it a requirement like bill pay?

Must I top up every month. Is it a requirement like bill pay?

To be able to make calls or text you will need to to pay membership. To receive them you won't need to top-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭dannyo666

Lads they do not check DOB
    Its a gimmick- thats worked,they dont give a toss how old you are as long as your a customer
    I ordered 2-one for me(27) one for the old man(62)-go figure....
    Cards arrived this morning but im having second thoughts because i dont want to lose my current phone number...is there a way around this?im 087 on meteor and wanna keep my current num and not go 089

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

dannyo666 wrote: »
    Lads they do not check DOB
    Its a gimmick- thats worked,they dont give a toss how old you are as long as your a customer
    I ordered 2-one for me(27) one for the old man(62)-go figure....
    Cards arrived this morning but im having second thoughts because i dont want to lose my current phone number...is there a way around this?im 087 on meteor and wanna keep my current num and not go 089

Thanks

Just port your number. Simples

Is porting a big deal?

Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

No big deal, should be done in a couple hours tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TCOD

Sorry if this is a stupid question but do you need to buy €10 top up at local shop and then pay another €10 membership - bit confused

TCOD wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but do you need to buy €10 top up at local shop and then pay another €10 membership - bit confused

You can top up €10 and with them buy your membership that covers the calls and txt.

If you want to buy extra add-ons like data you will need to top-up again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

I just received my sim card after a week or so of a wait. Only issue now is what to spend 500 Vodafone Cherry points on before I move. Can I decide whether to use the new sim as a new number or port my number onto it ? I didn't tell them my old number when I signed up on the interweb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Has anyone activated FaceTime with this network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Guys were can I buy credit? Can I get it in a normal corner shop like I'd get vodafone, 02 etc or is it only specific outlets?

Guys were can I buy credit? Can I get it in a normal corner shop like I'd get vodafone, 02 etc or is it only specific outlets?

You can buy online on their website, any shops that have the Payzone machines or the Omnivend machines. More info on their website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

nava wrote: »
    You can buy online on their website, any shops that have the Payzone machines or the Omnivend machines. More info on their website
    Thanks, are those machines the credit ones you see around the place where you insert your cash?

I dont have a debit or a credit card you see, or a bank account in fact so I want to make sure I can actually top up before switching lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement