Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek Planning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I still don't get the fascination with BB in a dgw unless you are going with more than 12 dgw players. What was your bench for 34 Martin Kane mahrez ? It also included a palace defender.

I'd have thought most people would be BBing with 13-15 DGWers. Mahrez is averaging 6.7 PPG this season so is roughly equivalent to a DGWer with one return. Why am I thinking of dropping him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Can you at least get why people with a wildcard want to?

Of course I do but I'd be going all in if I had a wildcard for the dgws with atleast 13 dgw players. Alternatively you could wildcard with a gw 36 bb in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I still don't get the fascination with BB in a dgw unless you are going with more than 12 dgw players. What was your bench for 34 Martin Kane mahrez ? It also included a palace defender.

The point is Kane and Mahrez are not my bench. They're starting no matter what.

After that I have 13 doubles. So an extra 4x2 vs playing BB in a SGW for and extra 4x1. The only argument I can see for selling Kane is that.getting a cheaper 3rd striker could allow strongers defenders etc. But if you do that on WC you're not gonna be able to get Kane back so you're going without the PL top scorer in a team chasing hard for the title for the whole run in. When would any of us ever contemplate doing that in a normal season???

But seeing as its yourself that's banging on about it I'll have to have a closer look at this at some stage. :)

FHFC wrote: »

After that I have 13 doubles. So an extra 4x2 vs playing BB in a SGW for and extra 4x1. The only argument I can see for selling Kane is that.getting a cheaper 3rd striker could allow strongers defenders etc. But if you do that on WC you're not gonna be able to get Kane back so you're going without the PL top scorer in a team chasing hard for the title for the whole run in. When would any of us ever contemplate doing that in a normal season???

But seeing as its yourself that's banging on about it I'll have to have a closer look at this at some stage. :)

I'm likely going Lukaku Aguero Martial frontline. Kane in 35 would be the big worry but I think Martial+2.5m in the DGW will make up for it

Is Martin not on your bench aswell without a double. I think there are alternative approaches but everyone has been fixated on wc 33 bb 34 tc 37 since the start of the season. So when looking at their plans they aren't considering setting themselves up for a sgw BB. As I've always stated going all in 34 for BB with 13 + dgws wins out but if going with say 11 dgws in 34 and BB or in 37 less than 11 dgws and BB there is other possible weeks to do it.

• Advertisement

Is Martin not on your bench aswell without a double. I think there are alternative approaches but everyone has been fixated on wc 33 bb 34 tc 37 since the start of the season. So when looking at their plans they aren't considering setting themselves up for a sgw BB. As I've always stated going all in 34 for BB with 13 + dgws wins out but if going with say 11 dgws in 34 and BB or in 37 less than 11 dgws and BB there is other possible weeks to do it.

Martin is a mistake so. Was toying about with that team from memory and musta thought his DGW was 34. That spot will be a double player.

Martin is a mistake so. Was toying about with that team from memory and musta thought his DGW was 34. That spot will be a double player.

You have 13 dgw players so which is definite bb. I'd transfer delaney out in 34 for a better dgwer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Just been researching Rooney's record vs Villa at Old Trafford - it's something else. Getting more and more tempted to get in Rooney(provided he's fit) for Kane for gw34, and maybe even triple captain him. Rooney certainly has motivation with his starting place for England a doubt. Do i dare.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

if he is back, will Rashford be benched? or will Martial be sat in behind the front two?

if he is back, will Rashford be benched? or will Martial be sat in behind the front two?

Interesting question. Could possibly be Martial wide left, Rashford up top with Rooney in behind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I think it has to be a mix of Rooney, Martial, Mata and Rashford, it just remains to be seen where they will be played. There's no-one really else to challenge those four for the attacking positions.

Aenaes wrote: »
    I think it has to be a mix of Rooney, Martial, Mata and Rashford, it just remains to be seen where they will be played. There's no-one really else to challenge those four for the attacking positions.

Lingard won't get time? RedCafe seems very mixed on who will drop out for Rooney besides agreeing that Martial is nailed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I forgot about Lingard actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

I Have absolutely no idea what I'm doing anymore
    So many plans :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

which team will win this GW....Red or Green?

Current XI

Boruc (MCI)

Ivanovic(avl), Wollscheid (SWA), Morgan (SOU)

Ozil (WAT), Siggy (sto), Mahrez (SOU) Alli (liv)

Aguero (bou) Kane (liv) Vardy (SOU)

Wildcard XI

Mignolet (TOT)

Bellerin (WAT) Cresswell (CPA) TBD (tbd)

Sanchez (WAT) Coutinho (TOT) Payet (CPA) Mahrez (SOU)

Aguero (bou) Lukaku (Mnu) Welbeck (WAT)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

manual_man wrote: »
    Just been researching Rooney's record vs Villa at Old Trafford - it's something else. Getting more and more tempted to get in Rooney(provided he's fit) for Kane for gw34, and maybe even triple captain him. Rooney certainly has motivation with his starting place for England a doubt. Do i dare.......

What would your plan be for GW35 assuming you have Lukaku too...transfer one of them out for a striker that has a game or bench both and go 4-5-1? That's the only thing stopping me going for Martial at the moment.

which team will win this GW....Red or Green?

Captain in both teams? I'm going Sanchez(c) so am probably biased but would Green due to taking advantage of Arsenal and West Ham's fixtures while only really losing Alli and Vardy for medium fixtures

Captain in both teams? I'm going Sanchez(c) so am probably biased but would Green due to taking advantage of Arsenal and West Ham's fixtures while only really losing Alli and Vardy for medium fixtures

I honestly don't know yet, probably stick with Aguero in the first one, not sure on the 2nd.

I am just pondering now about where the likes of Alexis and Sergio have been globe trotting to on this international break and wondering if that could throw a spanner in the works. My head is cabbaged!

I honestly don't know yet, probably stick with Aguero in the first one, not sure on the 2nd.

I am just pondering now about where the likes of Alexis and Sergio have been globe trotting to on this international break and wondering if that could throw a spanner in the works. My head is cabbaged!

Sanchez has started and played at least 75 mins after every trip to South America, we also can't afford to rest him

Sanchez has started and played at least 75 mins after every trip to South America, we also can't afford to rest him

You're an Arsenal fan then, would you concur that Welbeck should be nailed for this match at the very least?

• Advertisement

Aenaes wrote: »

Lingard is in favour. Depay another option but not really in favour

do you also have ozil ?
    getting one in and strongly favouring Sanchez due to possible TC in gw 34
    just can't see myself doing that with ozil
    but he is so highly owned and I sold Sanchez 3 weeks ago after all the blanks :(

What would your plan be for GW35 assuming you have Lukaku too...transfer one of them out for a striker that has a game or bench both and go 4-5-1? That's the only thing stopping me going for Martial at the moment.

Yeah I'd most likely be benching both and going 5-4-1 for gw35. Rooney might be very tempting, but ditching an in-form Kane I might find hard to do, especially as there would be a -4 involved as well as gw35 ramifications... Be spectacular if it came off though :D

You're an Arsenal fan then, would you concur that Welbeck should be nailed for this match at the very least?

I'd say so, but you can never be 100% sure with Wenger.
    km79 wrote: »
    do you also have ozil ?
    getting one in and strongly favouring Sanchez due to possible TC in gw 34
    just can't see myself doing that with ozil
    but he is so highly owned and I sold Sanchez 3 weeks ago after all the blanks :(

No, I'm planning on double Arsenal defence and Sanchez. Probably a mistake given how consistent Ozil is, but I'm still chasing MLs and not defending. I'm also too stubborn to swap Sanchez for Ozil after holding for so long

No, I'm planning on double Arsenal defence and Sanchez. Probably a mistake given how consistent Ozil is, but I'm still chasing MLs and not defending. I'm also too stubborn to swap Sanchez for Ozil after holding for so long

yes I'm almost certain to go for him too I think
    have only reluctantly had ozil once this season when he went thru his barren spell arpjnd Xmas !
    swapped him out for Sanchez for his barren spell :D
    I still think there is a burst of points coming from Sanchez soon

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Any word on Cech? Is he back this Gameweek?

How would you rate Iwobi's gametime?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

A player like Iwobi is exactly what we need at the moment. Raw, in form, not afraid to have a go.

Which is why he'll probable be on the bench at the weekend.

keano_afc wrote: »
    A player like Iwobi is exactly what we need at the moment. Raw, in form, not afraid to have a go.

Which is why he'll probable be on the bench at the weekend.

If I thought he'd get 140mins in 34 I'd be all over it.

• Advertisement

If I thought he'd get 140mins in 34 I'd be all over it.

You wildcarding this week now.

Advertisement