Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,353 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

If you can read this you probably figured out what I eventually figured out but a site admin might find this useful info ...

all one sees after logging in is a text-based menu that looks like the very early days of the internet. It is not immediately obvious that when you click on menu, a menu has appeared way down below some ads at the bottom of the screen. Once I figured that out, I was able to get to the place I wanted to post, but first attempt no luck posting, so I double clicked, got the message about a duplicate post that one normally gets, yet there is only one post showing.

Tricked the system. Such a waste of creative ability to turn that into a denial of service attack. This seems to be round two. I wish you well, boards administration.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

I'm not reading the entire thread so I don't know if it has been brought to your attention that the "login with boards.ie" option is a non-runner on adverts.ie the past few days. Probably costing ye a few bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Speed is pretty good today. Not rocketing along by any means, but very usable. Hopefully this means you guys have a bit of breathing space. I imagine having the other issues still sitting there waiting for the speed issue to be sorted has been driving you mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

seamus wrote: »
    Speed is pretty good today. Not rocketing along by any means, but very usable. Hopefully this means you guys have a bit of breathing space. I imagine having the other issues still sitting there waiting for the speed issue to be sorted has been driving you mental.

Seems pretty zippy now.

Edit, posting takes a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Hello all, quick update for you this morning.

We've made a significant change that should prevent our strikes table filling up and giving people that "too many login attempts" error.

We've also made some other changes that should stop the Captcha's showing up as often, but if this is happening to you it's because your ISP is sharing huge numbers of connections over a single IP address.

I'll have more for you as the day progresses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

Whoohoo, now we're sucking diesel lads!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

I know this will have been covered before, but the search function isn't working-

IS there now no way of searching for ones's previous posts???????

TIA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I know this will have been covered before, but the search function isn't working-

IS there now no way of searching for ones's previous posts???????

TIA.

Have you tried googling your user name with boards.ie It might work though your user name is not a help in this regard - you'll probably get a lot of returns that happen to feature political themes "going forward/s"

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Dav wrote: »

We've made a significant change that should prevent our strikes table filling up and giving people that "too many login attempts" error.

We've also made some other changes that should stop the Captcha's showing up as often, but if this is happening to you it's because your ISP is sharing huge numbers of connections over a single IP address.

I get a Captcha every time I open a thread on the desktop and I'd imagine the number of members from my ISP is in single figures. Also still completely unusable on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

Have signed in this morning with Safari.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

Have signed in this morning with Safari.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

For some reason I'm having strange issues now on Desktop using Chrome.

None of the styling seems to be working, I just get a plain site with white background etc. Looks like something from the 90's!

Is this a known issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yay back in, great work all ;)

For some reason I'm having strange issues now on Desktop using Chrome.

None of the styling seems to be working, I just get a plain site with white background etc. Looks like something from the 90's!

Is this a known issue?

Looks like your connection to http://www.b-static.net (where all our images and style sheets etc are stored) is still blocked. Try to click the link here and load it and let me know if you're still experiencing issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I got the emails but 30 minutes later I'd get logged out and have to go through the same rigmarole again.[/QUOTE

Same here getting logged out, I'm grabbing this quick opportunity to post, and I'll leave it for a few days.

Getting logged out randomly, then "too many log ins with wrong password" message (using the right password). Reset password once, now asked to reset but haven't received email.
    Then tried at random with same old password and it worked.

It would be great to have a sticky on front page when log in issue is resolved, that way those who have that problem will know it's good to go, rather than having to try log in repeatedly.

Thanks to all the board fixers.

edit : only saw Dav's post now, thanks.

Looks like your connection to www.b-static.net (where all our images and style sheets etc are stored) is still blocked. Try to click the link here and load it and let me know if you're still experiencing issues.

The link in your post doesn't work for me - it redirects to www.boards.ie/was.b-static.net - but the good news is that typing that address in to the address bar and validating a captcha restored the full skin for me.

The link in your post doesn't work for me - it redirects to www.boards.ie/was.b-static.net - but the good news is that typing that address in to the address bar and validating a captcha restored the full skin for me.

yea, I forgot the htt://, sorry about that :) I've fixed it now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Navigation fine- as long as you don't try to load imagery of any nature.
    Duplicates still spawning all over the place though- I'm deleting any of them that I find in my own forum- when I have the time.

Making progress guys- I don't envy you your task.

S.

Navigation fine- as long as you don't try to load imagery of any nature.
    Duplicates still spawning all over the place though- I'm deleting any of them that I find in my own forum- when I have the time.

Making progress guys- I don't envy you your task.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Use of quick reply gives 99.999% chance of doubleposting. As I already suggested, it is possible that cloudflare thing somehow won't cooperate with ajax feature. Or maybe ajax's broken?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 TheJoe

Can't search threads, find previous threads of mine, post anonymously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Looks like your connection to http://www.b-static.net (where all our images and style sheets etc are stored) is still blocked. Try to click the link here and load it and let me know if you're still experiencing issues.

Thank you Dav, I'm back in 2016 again. :) I'd hate to be stuck with this DDOS crap, I most certainly don't envy you guys.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Have you tried googling your user name with boards.ie It might work though your user name is not a help in this regard - you'll probably get a lot of returns that happen to feature political themes "going forward/s"

So are they completely gone from here then, my life's work;)?

I spoke too soon. The forums themselves have the normal background but the threads are all plain white with black text.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,717 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Speed is FAR better today but I did get an error saying that my password was incorrect when logging in (Desktop) so I've reset it now again.

Forums look OK (on the dark theme with Chrome)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,958 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Crawling again for me for about 20 minutes I'm afraid.

Sped up again on desktop- super zippy- and the incidence of duplicate posts seems to be falling (though I think its related to the 'quick reply' function). The hamster seems to be in good form!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Thanks dav and niamh and all the gang site is working better than ever cheers, let's hope that's the end of a tough 9 days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

Ooh, post search is back! Nice one :)

• Advertisement

More good news! Ronán tells me that Search is back working, but that tomorrow it may disappear again for a while as he refines the fix he made after he's been able to do some analysis on how it's working out.

So, that means that finding your post history etc is all back in action.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement