Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

I love sport both as a participant and spectator. I have attended soccer matches and rugby matches abroad including two World Cups and had an absolute ball.

However, I would rather strap my nuts to the mains and press the 'on' switch than hang around with the 'fun-loving' Irish at the next Euros. The amount of muppets who think getting drunk to the point of incontinence is great craic and think you are the moron for NOT joining in, is totally beyond my comprehension and tolerance. (Dey all luviss dey do, g'wannn...... haf a vew shots, ya borin' tosser ya).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Deise Vu wrote: »
    I love sport both as a participant and spectator. I have attended soccer matches and rugby matches abroad including two World Cups and had an absolute ball.

However, I would rather strap my nuts to the mains and press the 'on' switch than hang around with the 'fun-loving' Irish at the next Euros. The amount of muppets who think getting drunk to the point of incontinence is great craic and think you are the moron for joining in, is totally beyond my comprehension and tolerance. (Dey all luviss dey do, g'wannn...... haf a vew shots, ya borin' tosser ya).
    Well as long as you don't break in to ole ole ole you will be just boring for me but not a tosser!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

GoFundMe is a crock of shíte that is wide open to abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Deise Vu wrote: »

However, I would rather strap my nuts to the mains and press the 'on' switch than hang around with the 'fun-loving' Irish at the next Euros. The amount of muppets who think getting drunk to the point of incontinence is great craic and think you are the moron for joining in, is totally beyond my comprehension and tolerance. (Dey all luviss dey do, g'wannn...... haf a vew shots, ya borin' tosser ya).

Shoes off for the boys in green is the greatest irish song of all time and fills me with pride and drives me to tears when i hear it, is there a version by Luke kelly?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Much as I'm not a fan of the sport, I think he's doing really well for himself and seems to be an alright guy.
    yeah i agree with you, i'd go a step further and say he's a genius.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Sun King

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    GoFundMe is a crock of shíte that is wide open to abuse.

Saw a friend asking people to fund his plane ticket home. Is that what the site is for? I figured it would be for far more noble pursuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Tom Cruise is a decent actor. I can't find one unwatchable film in his collection. A few 4/10s, yes, but nothing seriously bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Mickey H wrote: »
    Tom Cruise is a decent actor. I can't find one unwatchable film in his collection. A few 4/10s, yes, but nothing seriously bad.

Oblivion is woefully bad but its not his fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Saw a friend asking people to fund his plane ticket home. Is that what the site is for? I figured it would be for far more noble pursuits.

Same as anything it's open to abuse

Stuff like this is what it's for imo

https://www.gofundme.com/zoedrake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

It's the digital version of the person going round the office/pub/locality looking for you to sponsor them to go climb a mountain/do charity work in Africa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

That Arianna's Focus video is brilliant. I've watched it many times on repeat on multiple occasions and totally overawed by it. I somehow don't think I'll be sharing this in real life...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Recycling rubbish is a complete wast of time! I have a thousand better things to be doing than BLOODY recycling!

Meh I'm lazy too, but I don't know how recycling takes any more effort than not recycling? I just have a double-bin in my kitchen, recyclables go in one bin, non-recyclables go in the other. It works out cheaper to recycle when possible as I don't need to buy a bin tag. It is absolutely zero extra effort. :confused:

Plus, it's kind of crap not to recycle when you can, it really is. I'm no eco-warrior, but it's the normal and decent thing to do.

So I guess really I should be thanking your post, as it really does fit the thread remit as an Unpopular Opinion.

(I won't be doing that, though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

I don't give a shhit that some people cheat the dole. I really don't. I think it's better that we have that system, and just accept there will always be a certain amount of people who take the piss. Those people usually live sad enough lives, and the majority of people would rather be working.

The extent to which a lot people let themselves be wound up by this is ridiculously unhealthy.

Saoirse Ronan is a pain in the neck. She hams up the Oirishness when abroad, and has an ethereal, old-beyond-her-years manner that is very off-putting.

I accept that this may be a very unpopular opinion, she seems to be the nations darling at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Saoirse Ronan is a pain in the neck. She hams up the Oirishness when abroad, and has an ethereal, old-beyond-her-years manner that is very off-putting.

I accept that this may be a very unpopular opinion, she seems to be the nations darling at the moment.

Not too unpopular in Pats house,i find her an awful pain in the hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Internet Ham

yeah i agree with you, i'd go a step further and say he's a genius.

Genius? I have heard the guy talk. I respectfully disagree. He throws a good punch, no question but I can't see CERN or the like offering him work when his UFC days are done though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Meh I'm lazy too, but I don't know how recycling takes any more effort than not recycling? I just have a double-bin in my kitchen, recyclables go in one bin, non-recyclables go in the other. It works out cheaper to recycle when possible as I don't need to buy a bin tag. It is absolutely zero extra effort. :confused:

Plus, it's kind of crap not to recycle when you can, it really is. I'm no eco-warrior, but it's the normal and decent thing to do.

So I guess really I should be thanking your post, as it really does fit the thread remit as an Unpopular Opinion.

(I won't be doing that, though!)

Do you rinse your recycling ? Having to clean every carton of soup, petit filou pot, tin of cat food is the biggest dose ever, I do it but I resent it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

I'm more of a 'meat means dinner' than 'meat means murder' type of man...

& yes, I would consume the flesh of Long Pig if I had to :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Not too unpopular in Pats house,i find her an awful pain in the hole.

I believe the average chemist sells lubricant for those matters now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 266 ✭✭Clive Bisquette

I love the way people say "Lookit" and "So"

As in how do you thinks the lads will do in the championship Mossy ?

"Ah Lookit ! we are where we are..it''s all on the day I spose deres only a small bit between em"

Tell me waht happened John?

"So I'm walkin down the street and .......

What the FAAAAARK !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

I'm a gambler but I think people who lose their money and go into debt through gambling are imbeciles.

You see all those people who make loads of money and don't need to work because they are so good at gambling....oh yeah, right...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

The phrases 'toughen up' and 'man up' etc. are not such bad phrases after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I don't care if a reporter on Sky News claimed Saoirse Ronan as one of their own. I don't care if they want to class Michael Fassbender as British. Both of who for argument's sake were born outside of Ireland. Sure don't we do the same when we allow someone play on our national football team? Especially when they are not aware of any Irish connections.
    At least when they claim Saoirse and Michael it's based on how successful they are, we take them because they aren't good enough for the England team. Rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 19,237 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Love2love wrote: »
    I don't care if a reporter on Sky News claimed Saoirse Ronan as one of their own. I don't care if they want to class Michael Fassbender as British. Both of who for argument's sake were born outside of Ireland. Sure don't we do the same when we allow someone play on our national football team? Especially when they are not aware of any Irish connections.
    At least when they claim Saoirse and Michael it's based on how successful they are, we take them because they aren't good enough for the England team. Rant over

The difference is the football players "opt" to play for the nationality of the team, whereas it's the British Press imposing the nationality on the actor... only when successful of course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Either way, we are staking a claim whether they approve of that or not. My point is that I don't care if they do, I don't think it warrants headline articles and threats on the journalist who said it (although I believe the threats came after he said that it should be taken as a compliment!)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,884 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Ireland is part of the British Isles so what's the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,126 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

David Bowie is over-rated.

In fact I will go as far to say that there is something sad and kind of creepy about him keeping up his muscial act and persona at 69 years of age.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

In fact I will go as far to say that there is something sad and kind of creepy about him keeping up his muscial act and persona at 69 years of age.

It's sad and creepy for a musician to make music because they're a certain age?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Love2love wrote: »
    Either way, we are staking a claim whether they approve of that or not. My point is that I don't care if they do, I don't think it warrants headline articles and threats on the journalist who said it (although I believe the threats came after he said that it should be taken as a compliment!)

It doesn't deserve threats. On the other hand journalists should know where their country begins and ends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Figbiscuithead

Creepy? Do you know the meaning of the word?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement