Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Bike Scheme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Stations in place and largely complete outside King John's Castle, the Island Road and Clare St next to the garage I noticed today.

Area dug up at the top of Roches St just before the eircom exchange for the station there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Has anyone received their registration pack in the post yet?

Signed up two weeks ago nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

Station almost complete at bank place too.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭his_dudeness

Has anyone received their registration pack in the post yet?

Got mine last week, though I doubly registered for Limerick and Galway, and given Galway launched yesterday, probably why I got my pack already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Work now started on Mary I station.

The Granary station is huge. I think it has 28 bike stands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Anyone got any pictures by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭squonk

Anyone got their packs yet? I registered last week and am still waiting.

Still no sign of mine yet either and I registered on the 10th. Perhaps they're waiting to send all the Limerick ones a couple of days before the launch. No one in Cork has received theirs either but the Galway ones arrive in a couple of days!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭brianhickey

1huge1 wrote: »
    Anyone got any pictures by any chance?
    The Granary:
    bn0jQeA.jpg
    Clare Street: (It's right beside the gate leading to the canal.)
    SScCw4B.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭dunworth1

just signed up for the pack.

does anyone know does the 150 security deposit get put on hold each time you use the bikes or just the first time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,884 ✭✭✭what_traffic

dunworth1 wrote: »
    just signed up for the pack.

does anyone know does the 150 security deposit get put on hold each time you use the bikes or just the first time?

It's a pre-authorisation.
    Here is the section from the leaflet that you will get in your pack (I signed up for Galway and Limerick)

20141130_190620.jpg
    Don't have a scanner so it's just a photo so might be difficult to read the text.

Got my card in the post today!

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Will report if I get mine later!
    Walked past the station at the granary this afternoon and all the brackets are there for the bikes. Moving along quickly now
    Edit: got it as well today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,884 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Can the title be changed to "LimerickBikes scheme coming to Limerick"?
    You can only sign up for the other regional cities like Galway and Cork on your Limerick card - NOT Dublin so title is misleading IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Spotted one just off Eyre square today only metres from a shop that rents out bikes. I can't imagine how annoyed he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Tockman

Bikes on their way!

B32E19DIIAA9qea.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭phog

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Spotted one just off Eyre square today only metres from a shop that rents out bikes. I can't imagine how annoyed he was.

Different market surely.

got my pack yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I noticed that installation of some of the stations are quite advanced now, but that others haven't been commenced at all. I wonder if the plan is for only a certain amount of the stations to be operational by December 8th rather than the full compliment ...

Yeah I noticed that too, zulutango!
    Even though the Galway scheme launched two weeks ago, there are a number of stations in Galway that aren't operational yet.

I suspect the Limerick one will be the same. No sign of any work on Bedford Row or at Colbert Station! It's a pity really as I hope to use the Bedford Row one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Is the map on Bikeshare.ie final? As in, are the locations listed there the final ones or are there more to be added in phases, I wonder.

It's odd that there aren't any stations around UL/LIT/MI or the business/technology parks. Hopefully they bring some in there in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

roast wrote: »
    Is the map on Bikeshare.ie final? As in, are the locations listed there the final ones or are there more to be added in phases, I wonder.

It's odd that there aren't any stations around UL/LIT/MI or the business/technology parks. Hopefully they bring some in there in future.

There is a station at Mary I.

If I remember rightly Dublin Bikes was launched on a fairly small scale too and expanded rapidly after it proved itself, so hopefully the same will happen here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I've signed up anyway. The whole coke sponsorship was a major turn-off for me, but they would be too handy not to use. Don't forget to wear your helmets people!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

panda100 wrote:
    I've signed up anyway. The whole coke sponsorship was a major turn-off for me, but they would be too handy not to use. Don't forget to wear your helmets people!

I wonder would they notice if bikes were returned sporting more attractive colours and less evil advertising :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

zulutango wrote: »
    I wonder would they notice if bikes were returned sporting more attractive colours and less evil advertising :)

Given that part of the scheme is to move bikes from over capacity stations to less crowded ones, I'm pretty sure they'd notice fairly quickly.

I'd hazard a guess that it'll just be the locations in red that will be open tomorrow!

29w9zs2.jpg

I still can't believe they haven't put a station near the crescent

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭phog

A lot of work and checking/commissioning being done today.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Will they be operational first thing in the morning? Have my registration card and they could solve a small problem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Still no pack for me yet :(

Regged the 18/11,

Emailed them on Friday, hope they get back to me soon

Advertisement