Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate (v2) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Putinovsky

no i'd say it was far more simple....big balls knew nidge's house was in disarray, and sent paulie to clean it up....most importantly to remove all threats.....two names known to nidge would be Paddy pipebomb and lizzy. Paulie weighed up the situation and decided Paddy pipebomb was too big a threat to fall out with, and lizzy was disposable.

So you think it was a coincidence that on the night she is killed she is tooling up for a hit? And that the kid that does the hit is the same kid that was mates with someone that stashed guns and did hits for her? Some coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    Young lad would never have been brought along, much less walked into and interrupted a major sit down
    this is travellers we're talking about yeah???

Putinovsky wrote: »
    So you think it was a coincidence that on the night she is killed she is tooling up for a hit? And that the kid that does the hit is the same kid that was mates with someone that stashed guns and did hits for her? Some coincidence.
    not really....he'd know she was just out of prison and hit her straight away, by coincidence killing nidge was the first thing on her mind after she got out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

take my word for it??? nidge pipebombed the bloody place and it's still integral to todays storyline!

I haven't seen Fran living in a house for some time. Have we seen him living there since the pipe bombing? It was Season 2 right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Still, Guinea was mates with Wayne and from what I gathered he knows Lizzie and was probably stashing guns and doing jobs for her too.

Was it not Paulie who goes "heres the lad now"?, obviously Nidge would pay because the hit was for Nidge. Also Paulie would know all the players in Dublin so the fact that hes only just back in Dublin would mean little, sure his gang would be sending the drugs from Spain to Dublin so he obviously has people on the ground in Dublin.

Yes, Guinea was mates with Wayne - until he capped him. Guinea did that job for Elmo and Nidge so he already works for the gang.

Lizzie's vengeful intentions must have been common knowledge on the street, but she was lying low who knows where. Guinea got a 20 on her from the other guy she was with - Wayne's replacement - went to Elmo/ Nidge, knowing he would get the gig on her contract. Nice work if you can get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Yes, Guinea was mates with Wayne - until he capped him. Guinea did that job for Elmo and Nidge so he already works for the gang.

Lizzie's vengeful intentions must have been common knowledge on the street, but she was lying low who knows where. Guinea got a 20 on her from the other guy she was with - Wayne's replacement - went to Elmo/ Nidge, knowing he would get the gig on her contract. Nice work if you can get it.

"got a 20"- is that the same as dropping a dime to the 5 0!

Happyman42 wrote: »
    I haven't seen Fran living in a house for some time. Have we seen him living there since the pipe bombing? It was Season 2 right?
    maybe it's important to the plot....maybe it's building up to him finding out about lizzie, perhaps he's actually cut up about lizzie and can't live there...

maybe it's important to the plot....maybe it's building up to him finding out about lizzie, perhaps he's actually cut up about lizzie and can't live there...

Linda :D

No, not the same thing at all

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Linda :D
    ha that makes more sense!

• Advertisement

Maybe it is...but that isn't my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Some of the criticism here is one of the reasons I got out of filmmaking. After decades of under achievement in TV drama, we finally nail it and now it's dissected more than worms in a leaving certificate biology class. Is it because the writer is Irish? Is it because it's an Irish based and casted show?

Its just old fashioned Irish bitterness and begrudgery, its a successful story and people in Ireland just love knocking something thats good.

Or else these people generally lack the intelligence to figure out whats going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

In my opinion last season they tried to go with the 'hero garda angle' and it was the worst season by some distance.

It was the worst, but because they did it wrong, all the guards work was pretty much useless by the end - writers choice.

Make them stronger characters with more payback for what they do and you have a better show.

Right now it's a show that glamorizes absolute scum.

still enjoy it tho ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

take my word for it??? nidge pipebombed the bloody place and it's still integral to todays storyline!

I'd say it is still significant, Didn't Nidge drive into the estate and up to the house which is somewhat boarded up last season?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

I suppose it doesn't really matter who Guinea is working for, my main point is that Guinea knew that Lizzie had plans to do a hit (in my opinion he would have been the one who brought her the guns) and informed either Nidge or Paulie who decided to hit her that night.

the_monkey wrote: »
    It was the worst, but because they did it wrong, all the guards work was pretty much useless by the end - writers choice.

Make them stronger characters with more payback for what they do and you have a better show.

Right now it's a show that glamorizes absolute scum.

still enjoy it tho ...

But that insight into the underworld is what makes the show so interesting. There is tons of shows about cops. I prefer the current set up, cops in the background but still in the story but the gangs being the central focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I would think the poster was referring to "Location" when he referenced "Got a 20"? Used to be a term used way back in the CB radio days :eek:

dropping a dime to the 5 0 means to snitch I think?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

I think Fran knows perfectly well what happened with Linda and that it was Nidge who both wielded the pipebomb AND took her up the goother several times out the back of the airport.

In recent times, he has referred to her twice now in 2 episodes. The last episode of the last series when he was feeling brave and Nidge was under pressure he mentioned her ominously when they had the chat on the footpath. Fran was sending a message to Nidge then to pile more pressure on him IMO - (I know your secret buddy, the one thing you want me not to know)

Then when it looked all over for him on Sunday, what does he do - plays the Linda card at just the right time, guilt tripping Nidge successfully.

Fran never gave a bollix about Linda when she was alive. In death, she would only have been relevant to him initially in the sense that he couldn't be seen not to seek revenge - that is what worried Nidge for so long. There has been lot of water and a few bodies under the bridge in the meantime and nobody is worried about Fran's image or his honour at this stage.

I suppose it doesn't really matter who Guinea is working for, my main point is that Guinea knew that Lizzie had plans to do a hit (in my opinion he would have been the one who brought her the guns) and informed either Nidge or Paulie who decided to hit her that night.

I think you are missing a major point there. There is huge significance in knowing who Guinea works for.

Obviously Nidge and Paulie will fall out in the not to distant future. Who wins that tennis match will depend on the strength of their crews - including how many Guineas (and networks of Guineas) each side has at their disposal.

I would think the poster was referring to "Location" when he referenced "Got a 20"? Used to be a term used way back in the CB radio days :eek:

dropping a dime to the 5 0 means to snitch I think?

Yes, location. 20:20 vision, visibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Guinea shot Wayne for nidge and now shot lizzie for him too, why us there confusion on who he works for?

I think you are missing a major point there. There is huge significance in knowing who Guinea works for.

Obviously Nidge and Paulie will fall out in the not to distant future. Who wins that tennis match will depend on the strength of their crews - including how many Guineas (and networks of Guineas) each side has at their disposal.

Well if that's the case then Terrence completely trumps Nidge. They are the Kinahans of love/hate and would have an absolute army at their disposal in Dublin. They are the major players.

Although, Terrence is probably owed money by several gangs in Dublin, could we see them unite to take out Terrence and wipe their debt? Is Terrence paying tax to the RA? If not, and we saw last season that Nidge is, then could the RA help out Nidge in taking out Terrence's crew?

Well if that's the case then Terrence completely trumps Nidge. They are the Kinahans of love/hate and would have an absolute army at their disposal in Dublin. They are the major players. People like Guinea only care about money and Terrence n Paulie have a lot more money than someone like Nidge.

Although, Terrence is probably owed money by several gangs in Dublin, could we see them unite to take out Terrence and wipe their debt? Is Terrence paying tax to the RA? If not, and we saw last season that Nidge is, then could the RA help out Nidge in taking out Terrence's crew?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What was Lizzie jailed for again? She couldn't be out that early if she'd gone down for the hit on Dazzler surely.

What was Lizzie jailed for again? She couldn't be out that early if she'd gone down for the hit on Dazzler surely.

She didn't, she beat that man after the road traffic accident and was caught.

gbh and played the sympathy card regarding her two dead brothers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Still, Guinea was mates with Wayne and from what I gathered he knows Lizzie and was probably stashing guns and doing jobs for her too.

Was it not Paulie who goes "heres the lad now"?, obviously Nidge would pay because the hit was for Nidge. Also Paulie would know all the players in Dublin so the fact that hes only just back in Dublin would mean little, sure his gang would be sending the drugs from Spain to Dublin so he obviously has people on the ground in Dublin.

Incorrect. It was the new body gaurd "yoga guy" who said "heres the lad now".

Well if that's the case then Terrence completely trumps Nidge. They are the Kinahans of love/hate and would have an absolute army at their disposal in Dublin. They are the major players. People like Guinea only care about money and Terrence n Paulie have a lot more money than someone like Nidge.

Yes, in the end if it came down to a war between Terrance and Nidge there could be only one winner and that would be a pretty one dimensional and predictable storyline.

I expect something far more nuanced, more Nidge v Paulie with Terrance possibly not automatically defending Paulie for some reason (unauthorised solo run of some sort perhaps/ he looses shipment/ turns rat himself). Remember, Tony didnt have his comrade Dano's back at the end of the day.

Yes, in the end if it came down to a war between Terrance and Nidge there could be only one winner and that would be a pretty one dimensional and predictable storyline.

I expect something far more nuanced, more Nidge v Paulie with Terrance possibly not automatically defending Paulie for some reason (unauthorised solo run of some sort perhaps/ he looses shipment/ turns rat himself). Remember, Tony didnt have his comrade Dano's back at the end of the day.
    paulie may have to clip siobhan

• Advertisement

paulie may have to clip siobhan

I can definitely see that happening. After all, Paulie is the rat sniffer.

Advertisement