Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Anywhere in/around the CC that would sell Network Cards for PCs?

I'd guess lapteck and electronic partner would do those. Both are a minutes walk from the square..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I'd guess lapteck and electronic partner would do those. Both are a minutes walk from the square..

Laptek no joy. Wheres Electronic partner?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Above carbon nightclub

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭blueb

Anyone know where i can pick up a couple pairs of contact lenses in the city? will specsavers sell me a couple pairs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

blueb wrote: »
    Anyone know where i can pick up a couple pairs of contact lenses in the city? will specsavers sell me a couple pairs

Try Richard Hughes, Woodquay. I find them very customer orientated and they have given us trial lenses to tide us over before, when they had to order lenses in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

The best value in TV. Don't need anything fancy or huge but i hink they are all at least flat screen these days

Would rather shop local than in Currys or the like

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

McTigs wrote: »
    The best value in TV. Don't need anything fancy or huge but i hink they are all at least flat screen these days
    Would rather shop local than in Currys or the like

Teshco/Argos/Currys?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057291474

alternatively, Aldi/Lidl will have televisions next month

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Try Richard Hughes, Woodquay. I find them very customer orientated and they have given us trial lenses to tide us over before, when they had to order lenses in.

Have to second this recommendation. These guys really helped a friend of mine who was visiting a few years ago when her glasses broke and she needed a full replacement same day. They go above and beyond for their customers, even for people who just walk in off the street as my friend did.

Thanks guys i will give them a try today! i need a eye test anyway so i think ill book one with them, that way i can give them a bit a business if they help me out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

Looking to rent a Go Pro Camera in Galway. Anyone know anywhere that does this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

I'm looking to buy a bottle of whiskey for a friend's birthday. I wouldn't drink much of the stuff myself so I'm a bit clueless. Would appreciate recommendations that are good value in Galway city. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

I'm looking to buy a bottle of whiskey for a friend's birthday. I wouldn't drink much of the stuff myself so I'm a bit clueless. Would appreciate recommendations that are good value in Galway city. Thanks.

Try McCambridges in Shop st, try Middleton very rare or Black Bush.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Dunnes have a lot of the top shelf brands too. You could use your value club vouchers, if you have them, and they generally have points back on alcohol purchases if you have time to wait on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

[QUOTE=

alternatively, Aldi/Lidl will have televisions next month[/QUOTE]

Terrible picture and a very flimsey remote control with some of them t.v's

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Anywhere in/around the CC that would sell Network Cards for PCs?

maplins?

Red breast in tesco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

RubyGirl wrote: »
    Try McCambridges in Shop st, try Middleton very rare or Black Bush.

Would actually avoid there on this one. Unless its a very rare and specific one youre after they are usually a good 10euro more expensive on whiskeys than places like o briens. I.E. My beloved Canadian Club whiskey is around the 45 mark in MC C but only 30-35 in O Briens <3

I love Canadian Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

+1 on Richard Hughes have used them for yearsu.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭deliege

Hi, our tumble dryer is starting to make some strange noise and drying our clothes now takes ages. We'd like to have it checked / repaired if possible (& sensible cost-wise). I am therefore looking for someone who could do that (nb we're living in Claregalway area). Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Anywhere cheap and cheerful to get a tshirt printed? I used to go to that place by the Malt House but they're closed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Anywhere cheap and cheerful to get a tshirt printed? I used to go to that place by the Malt House but they're closed now.

Place in eyre square shopping centre. Beside the restaurant downstairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 MRDJR97

anyone know anywhere in galway that sells snapback hats? cheap enough if you can :) thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Zhivago
    Foot Locker
    Maybe Elverys & Lifestyle

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

That there skate shop on Cross Street, across from Dail.

Defo nothing cheap in that skate shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 iasc87

Does anyone know where I could get old/broken power tools? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

iasc87 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I could get old/broken power tools? Thanks

Join freecycle and place a Wanted ad. And/or check adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

[Today] Good place for coffee and wifi. Need to use laptop for a couple of hours.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

[Today] Good place for coffee and wifi. Need to use laptop for a couple of hours.

Cafe Express on the corner of Eyre Square and Williamsgate Street (top end of Shop Street) - great coffee, high speed wifi. And they're not looking over your shoulder all the time trying to get you to move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I was about 20 feet from the door of it when I checked the thread again. Much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

No worries - could be sitting there myself in an hour :D

Advertisement