Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to boycott Isaraeli products

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Did the Israeli military personnel that fired the shells that landed on the beach have real time visual on the beach and the children to the point where they were able to change the coordinates to directly target and hit the children?

Yep, it looks that way. Hence the second shell being adjusted to hit the kids. How could they have done that if they had no line of sight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

wes wrote: »
    More likely you didn't actually search for anything or even looked at the link I posted.

I made my point in plain English already. Your inability to understand simple English is your problem and not mine, that or your being deliberately obtuse, looking to get a rise out of me, as you have repeatedly taken that tact with other posters several times already.

Why is it that you ignore something that has already been plainly communicated to you?

Not seeing any parallel between your theory and what is happening in Palestine. Perhaps you got the wrong end of the stick?

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Well sorry if I continue with my Israel as US state theory, but Obama will just give them more cash to make up any shortfall. I don't believe it's possible to hurt Israel economically because of this fact. It's all a matter of how much Israel's sponsor, the USA is willing to put up with.

And again, there was a time when the US defended apartheid South Africa, complete with the use of vetoes at the UN.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Did the Israeli military personnel that fired the shells that landed on the beach have real time visual on the beach and the children to the point where they were able to change the coordinates to directly target and hit the children?
    So you're adamant that the IDF don't have a clue what they're firing artillery at?

OK, I'll agree with you then I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Not seeing any parallel between your theory and what is happening in Palestine. Perhaps you got the wrong end of the stick?

Wait, so you were being obtuse, and are now doubling down it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Nodin wrote: »
    That's what they said in the beginning of the SA campaign.

Yeah but you'd have to agree that SA didn't have quite the same amount of strategic assets as Israel does. Consumers can stop buying gold, diamonds and South African wine but consumers generally haven't a clue what a Checkpoint firewall is or where it would be used. Same goes for semiconductors etc. etc.
    And with regards to Israeli weapons I think we can pretty safely assume that the people buying them aren't going to be overly concerned with the fate of the people of Palestine.

In short, I don't really think they're comparable situations.

And again, there was a time when the US defended apartheid South Africa, complete with the use of vetoes at the UN.
    I'm not saying pressure can't be applied at all, but in the absence of a boycott of the USA, a boycott of Israel is pointless. SA isn't even close to the strategic and cultural importance to the US that Israel is.

Edit: wexie, snap.

wexie wrote: »
    Yeah but you'd have to agree that SA didn't have quite the same amount of strategic assets as Israel does. Consumers can stop buying gold, diamonds and South African wine but consumers generally haven't a clue what a Checkpoint firewall is or where it would be used. Same goes for semiconductors etc. etc.
    And with regards to Israeli weapons I think we can pretty safely assume that the people buying them aren't going to be overly concerned with the fate of the people of Palestine.

In short, I don't really think they're comparable situations.

You're entitled to your view. However I differ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

This literally makes me ashamed to be Irish.
    Being "ashamed to be Irish" is silly enough, this particular reason though, even sillier.

Yes, Israel is entitled to defend itself - proportionately. And others are entitled to defend themselves back.

Yep, it looks that way. Hence the second shell being adjusted to hit the kids. How could they have done that if they had no line of sight?

So this is pure speculation. Thanks for confirming.

• Advertisement

I'm not saying pressure can't be applied at all, but in the absence of a boycott of the USA, a boycott of Israel is pointless. SA isn't even close to the strategic and cultural importance to the US that Israel is.

Edit: wexie, snap.

Again, I think it's possible - not a certianity by any means - but certainly worth trying. The alternative is to do nothing.

wes wrote: »
    Wait, so you were being obtuse, and are now doubling down it.

Still have no idea what you are spouting about.

So this is pure speculation. Thanks for confirming.

How do you adjust to hit a target if you don't have it in sight?

So you're adamant that the IDF don't have a clue what they're firing artillery at?

OK, I'll agree with you then I guess.

Adamant? Clutching at straws there Mr. Solo.

Another all encompassing rebuttal. No, your post is crap.
    Do the IDF know what they're firing at or not?

How do you know that they did? Again more speculation. Common sense says they don't send multiple shells to the exact same point. They just happened to switch to a point where the children were unfortunately present at that point in time.

Claiming they were specifically targeted because they were children is disingenuous.

Still have no idea what you are spouting about.
    Hmmm, there's 3 or 4 different posters here now and you appear to be utterly flummoxed by everything they post.
    Maybe, ya know, it isn't them?

Another all encompassing rebuttal. No, your post is crap.
    Do the IDF know what they're firing at or not?

I suggest you read up on artillery. You are clearly clueless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

How do you know that they did? Again more speculation. Common sense says they don't send multiple shells to the exact same point. They just happened to switch to a point where the children were unfortunately present at that point in time.

Claiming they were specifically targeted because they were children is disingenuous.

Also I think most of us here would have to agree it'd be somewhat counter productive, very few things are likely to get people as worked up as kids being harmed. I'm be pretty sure the IDF are well aware of this.

• Advertisement

They fired two shells, from a ship offshore.

Hmmm, there's 3 or 4 different posters here now and you appear to be utterly flummoxed by everything they post.
    Maybe, ya know, it isn't them?

You could be onto something Hans.

I suggest you read up on artillery. You are clearly clueless.
    Says the guy who got about four letters into the alphabet before giving up judging by his reading comprehension skills.

They fired two shells, from a ship offshore.

Only 2 shells? No more?

Says the guy who got about four letters into the alphabet before giving up judging by his reading comprehension skills.

Would you ever go away. You are like one of those annoying Jack Russels that never shuts up.

wexie wrote: »
    Also I think most of us here would have to agree it'd be somewhat counter productive, very few things are likely to get people as worked up as kids being harmed. I'm be pretty sure the IDF are well aware of this.

You'd think that, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/nov/16/israel2

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/oct/06/israel

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12822493

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7269154.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6712485.stm

http://www.counterpunch.org/2002/11/...in-s-children/

Only 2 shells? No more?

People ran onto the beach to help the children after the second shell.

Would you ever go away. You are like one of those annoying Jack Russels that never shuts up.
    Or what? You'll get the IDF after me? Are they planning settlements in Ireland now too?

Or what? You'll get the IDF after me? Are they planning settlements in Ireland now too?

Bed time for someone - tell mommy to hold off on the cocoa tonight. We don't want you wetting the bed again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

Does this mean we should buy Palestinian products?

What do they make?
    Rockets:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement