Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai report more money missing..

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Some folk sure have the blinkers on in their nice little bubbles. If the well ran dry they would be on telling us no there is still plenty of water left, Dive in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Kinzig

Its not the few bad apples, the whole barrel is rotten.

Correct,, the AGS have always been a totally unfair police force, we see certain issues coming to light like these examples of missing money, guns finding their way back from AGS into the hands of crooks, garda members involved in bomb making in Donegal, people being murdered and garda collusion in the death like the missing postman case..I could go on and on citing examples..but anyone who can see the wood for the trees knows the garda stinks to high heavens and always has done..I feel much more comfortable dealing with the PNSI or british police than the cowboys In Irish policing:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

Kinzig wrote: »
    Correct,, the AGS have always been a totally unfair police force, we see certain issues coming to light like these examples of missing money, guns finding their way back from AGS into the hands of crooks, garda members involved in bomb making in Donegal, people being murdered and garda collusion in the death like the missing postman case..I could go on and on citing examples..but anyone who can see the wood for the trees knows the garda stinks to high heavens and always has done..I feel much more comfortable dealing with the PNSI or british police than the cowboys In Irish policing:rolleyes:

That happened in 1929, surely you can think of something a bit more relevant off the top of your head.

The PSNI and the British police also have a bit of a checkered history themselves. In fact, I imagine there's not a single police force in the world that doesn't have a history of corruption. That's because the police are just ordinary people; some good, some bad, with most in the middle.As the quote says "we have one big problem in selecting police officers ... we have to recruit from the human race." I'm not saying corruption should be allowed flourish but making out that it is rampant in the guards compared to other forces is totally laughable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Kinzig

That happened in 1929, surely you can think of something a bit more relevant off the top of your head.

The PSNI and the British police also have a bit of a checkered history themselves. In fact, I imagine there's not a single police force in the world that doesn't have a history of corruption. That's because the police are just ordinary people; some good, some bad, with most in the middle.As the quote says "we have one big problem in selecting police officers ... we have to recruit from the human race." I'm not saying corruption should be allowed flourish but making out that it is rampant in the guards compared to other forces is totally laughable.

Theres always been corruption in the guards, every business person knows that gardai hate paying for anything thinking that their job gives them the right to freebies..the force stinks and most of them are pig ignorant when dealing with the public into the bargain..look at the case of Richie Barron in Donegal..found lying dead at the side of the road and AGS tried to blame an innocent man for his death ..but the dogs in the street know who killed him:rolleyes:..

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

Kinzig wrote: »
    Theres always been corruption in the guards, every business person knows that gardai hate paying for anything thinking that their job gives them the right to freebies..the force stinks and most of them are pig ignorant when dealing with the public into the bargain..look at the case of Richie Barron in Donegal..found lying dead at the side of the road and AGS tried to blame an innocent man for his death ..but the dogs in the street know who killed him:rolleyes:..

That's my point. No one in their right mind could claim the guards are free from corruption, any job which has power over people will attract corrupt elements. You seem to be of the opinion that the guards are the most corrupt police force in history, which is blatantly untrue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

It's just another guard with a gambling addiction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭mikehammer67

risteard7 wrote: »
    It's just another guard with a gambling addiction.

they got him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Pappa Charlie

Its not the few bad apples, the whole barrel is rotten.

Especially the ones that dealt with you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

That's life when you recruit from the general public, you will always get a percentage of bad apples

I don't think you understand the "bad apple" metaphor. If there is one bad apple in a barrel of apples, the rot will spread until you have a barrel of worthless mush and have to throw it out. Hence the importance of rooting out the bad apples very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Paddy De Plasterer

Especially the ones that dealt with you!!!

you must be a copper.

• Advertisement

just a bad apple!

i see another copper convicted yesterday for an Insurance scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

i see another copper convicted yesterday for an Insurance scam.

Yes!

Their is a thread on that Guard right here.

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Yes!

Their is a thread on that Guard right here.

Former reserve now full time critic!

So here we have someone who alleges in his previous posts to be a full-time serving member of An Garda Síochána taking pot-shots on a public discussion forum.
    Interesting development by An Garda Síochána but not surprising though!

Are you speaking on behalf of Garda HQ or even the GRA perhaps?

Many Thanks for your interest though,
    kerry4sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭concur4u?

remember me

So here we have someone who alleges in his previous posts to be a full-time serving member of An Garda Síochána taking pot-shots on a public discussion forum.

kerry4sam

a lof the guards have no cop on and in fact are a security risk with leaks, arrogance, petulance,and have no dignity. They even flash their cards to get free in clubs, and avail of free grub at many fast food outlets.

a lof the guards have no cop on and in fact are a security risk with leaks, arrogance, petulance,and have no dignity. They even flash their cards to get free in clubs, and avail of free grub at many fast food outlets.

but thats not the worst they do

you must be a copper.
    just a bad apple!

kerry4sam

Perhaps, but that Pappa Charlie poster claims to be a full-time serving member of An Garda Síochána with 17years now and has annoyed and angered Garda Reserves with some of his postings over in the ES forum.

I asked maybe they were representing Garda HQ or the GRA; but I forgot that with 17years service , they could be a member of and could well be representing the views of the AGSI on boards.ie.

Perhaps, but that Pappa Charlie poster claims to be a full-time serving member of An Garda Síochána with 17years now and has annoyed and angered Garda Reserves with some of his postings over in the ES forum.

I asked maybe they were representing Garda HQ or the GRA; but I forgot that with 17years service , they could be a member of and could well be representing the views of the AGSI on boards.ie.

or hes a bent one

• Advertisement

I'm just plain old me - Pappa Charlie, my views are my own, try the conspiracy theory section for all of the above!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭BognarRegis

I'm just plain old me - Pappa Charlie, my views are my own!
    Serving members are not allowed make statements in public about operational, policy or political matters unless they've been cleared to do so.

Serving members are not allowed make statements in public about operational, policy or political matters unless they've been cleared to do so.

They never told me! Apologies to human kind!

Advertisement