Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For people who depend on the weather/prefer milder weather

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lucreto wrote: »
    Yes it was a pity it happened so late in the year. My heating bill was not too bad this year. I kept my saving from the warm winter last year and that about covered this extended winter.

Still not looking forward to Summer. I hope for a nice Northenly all summer with rain or as much as last Summer as possible. I am not looking forward to being constantly uncomforable with the heat, dying of hayfever and 4 or 5 months of sleepless nights.

Sooner October or November arrives the better.

You're in the wrong thread buddy! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Drums fingers impatiently!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭cml387

mike65 wrote: »
    Drums fingers impatiently!

Me too.

I was beginning to wonder were we going to have another year without a summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

MT seems to be fairly confident that the cold spell is over for the foreseeable future with temps in the mid to high teens this weekend and beyond. I dare say we have survived gentlemen.

I'm getting fed up seeing the "snowflake" symbol on the car dashboard every morning!
    If one of these mornings I don't see it I'll be wondering if the bulb is working... :rolleyes:
    No "snowflake" today! :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://carlowweather.com/

look at that ****, 16 degrees! that's well into double digits

that's tshirt weather right there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

What a great day, about 13C. Very windy but very mild, its like heaven outside compared to the hell of the cold we had for the last few months!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

The amount of people I noticed out and about today still dressed in hats, scarves and warm winter clothing is very very weird. Do they need to be told - "it's ok, you can put away your winter woolies now"
    16.5c here.

Many people assume that it has to be sunny to be warm! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

The amount of people I noticed out and about today still dressed in hats, scarves and warm winter clothing is very very weird. Do they need to be told - "it's ok, you can put away your winter woolies now"
    16.5c here.

Probably just worried they'll be caught out. You can hardly blame them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

I'm getting married May 15th,im not looking for it to be a heat-wave that day or anything but some dry clear weather would be very welcome that day. I have been checking Accu-weather recently for a relatively long term forecast for May and they had said it would be quite warm for Galway City the first week in May at least(they go as far as 25days so up to May 10th), temps 17/18 degrees but now they've rowed back to more normal 13/14 degree predictions. I realise its very unreliable and shouldn't be taken too seriously but its nice to get some idea of how it might be that day:).

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭MrDerp

Aiel wrote: »
    I'm getting married May 15th,im not looking for it to be a heat-wave that day or anything but some dry clear weather would be very welcome that day. I have been checking Accu-weather recently for a relatively long term forecast for May and they had said it would be quite warm for Galway City the first week in May at least(they go as far as 25days so up to May 10th), temps 17/18 degrees but now they've rowed back to more normal 13/14 degree predictions. I realise its very unreliable and shouldn't be taken too seriously but its nice to get some idea of how it might be that day:).

Don't worry about the weather, for now. Any prediction now is next to useless. Long term forecasts aren't nailed to dates, they're more trends like "indications it may get warmer in the middle or towards the end of next month".

Concentrate on your other preparations, prepare for the weather in the last few days when you've a better idea what's going on.

I'm getting hitched myself in 10 days, and the auto-generated 10 day predictions are reasonably grim right now, but no sense in my worrying just yet. Keep believing, for now, and cross that bridge when you get to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The effects of the Spring can be seen now with the fodder crisis. An early spring was needed, it didn't come.
    Cattle deaths are up 40% on last year, as the fodder produced in the bad summer was not to the quality required, then not enough fodder and other feed at record high prices.
    The weather plays a huge roll, even when it comes to mental health. There are reports that some farmers have become so depressed with the situation that they committed suicide. I saw on twitter yesterday from a farm group who are there to support farmers by talking reported that on average one farmer a week commits suicide.
    There are cases where some farmers have run out of credit with the feed merchant, the bank won't lend any more and they have nothing to feed animals.
    So for those who depend on the weather for their livelihoods, it can play a big role financially and mentally in their lives.
    Today is the sort of day wanted and all that is needed is enough of them but there is a real crisis in farming due to the weather.
    One has to take what weather they get but for some it has pushed them over the edge.
    Hopefully the worst is over with the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I thought I might bump this thread for people who like mild weather. The only reason why I rely on mild weather is because I like to hit a golf ball year round, the only conditions we can't play in are snow and frost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Whooo for mild! again because I like running and MTB and I don't like taking unscheduled days off work.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Some people are fans of frozen and the cold doesn't bother them and they sing let it snow rather than let it go.

Mild bland weather that is dry is nice this time of year.

Advertisement