Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Blackwater 1

no prob sweep77 .you always have to read small print I made it my business to talk to 3 others today that where going to sign up and I know they will tell others because it was I that put them on to it in the first place TG they hadn't I would have looked like a bigger Muppet than I do at the moment . live and learn I am going to go back to Vodafone after Christmas. Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sweep77

sweep77 wrote: »
    thanks blackwater 1 for your very interesting reply looks like i dodged a bullet been with 02 for years no problems should never have filled out that emobile online offer giving them personal details was annoyed at first that i was only getting 30 day sim no long contract as they say only to be told that they want 70 euro deposit and give it back on 7th bill wonder which part of 30 day sim no long contract do emobile not understand its not the 70 euro its just the misleading advertising i was telling friends and familly what a great offer they were doing thank god have got to them before they signed up we all could have ended up like you with them very expensive bills thank you again for the heads up
    hi grainne will send application id number, date and name. cancelled order when asked for deposit 3 days after i got email confirming purchase that sim was free and all i had to pay was 32 euros a month. i wasnt getting phone or broadband dongle just 30 day sim .so i trust id number,date,name and signature will do.thanks for your quick reply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Hi Grainne

I have contacted Comreg and Zamano about this and will wait to see how it goes over the next couple of weeks.

A couple of points though:

1. You are confirming that eMobile do not receive 1 cent from the charge that is applied to my bill?

2. Surely there is a process to block certain numbers from my phone? If it can be done for roaming, why not 5***** numbers?

Thanks for you reply

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

sweep77 wrote: »
    hi grainne will send application id number, date and name. cancelled order when asked for deposit 3 days after i got email confirming purchase that sim was free and all i had to pay was 32 euros a month. i wasnt getting phone or broadband dongle just 30 day sim .so i trust id number,date,name and signature will do.thanks for your quick reply

No problem sweep77 happy to help,

Yes all that information is all that is needed to get a reason why you were charged the deposit. Once your email is received with the attached letter a response will be provided within 10 working days.

Gráinne
    bidiots wrote: »
    Hi Grainne

I have contacted Comreg and Zamano about this and will wait to see how it goes over the next couple of weeks.

A couple of points though:

1. You are confirming that eMobile do not receive 1 cent from the charge that is applied to my bill?

2. Surely there is a process to block certain numbers from my phone? If it can be done for roaming, why not 5***** numbers?

Thanks for you reply

Hopefully they will be able resolve the issue for you bidiots.

Yes I can confirm that eMobile do not receive any of the money from these charges.

Once the premium bar is lifted on your account it is not possible to block it.

Grainne

Once the premium bar is lifted on your account it is not possible to block it.

Grainne

Hi grainne,

Excuse my ignorance but what does this mean? I didn't lift the bar on any premium numbers on my account

• Advertisement

Hi grainne,

Excuse my ignorance but what does this mean? I didn't lift the bar on any premium numbers on my account

Hi bidiots,

In order to be able make calls and texts to premium numbers a bar has to be removed from your account. This is only possible to do by you contacting us. If you PM your mobile number and pin I can confirm when this was processed.

Grainne

Hi bidiots,

In order to be able make calls and texts to premium numbers a bar has to be removed from your account. This is only possible to do by you contacting us. If you PM your mobile number and pin I can confirm when this was processed.

Grainne

PM sent

I certainly did not ever request a bar lifted on these numbers and can not understand how anyone would tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Hello...... trying to check on upgrade eligibility. I'm a bill pay customer for over a year but when I click on Upgrade when logged in a 'Knowledge Server Error - Please try again.' error appears.

Should I PM my no. to get it checked for upgrade eligibility?

PM sent

I certainly did not ever request a bar lifted on these numbers and can not understand how anyone would tbh.

Hi bidiots,

I have received your PM. I will look into this for you and will respond to your PM.

Grainne
    Leslie91 wrote: »
    Hello...... trying to check on upgrade eligibility. I'm a bill pay customer for over a year but when I click on Upgrade when logged in a 'Knowledge Server Error - Please try again.' error appears.

Should I PM my no. to get it checked for upgrade eligibility?

Hi Leslie91,

If you PM your mobile number and pin I will be able check this for you.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lawnmo

Do you lot hand out unlock codes for prepay phones or what? I've been with emobile for near a year now, and have been looking for an unlock code for a prepay phone for close to 2 months, constantly being met with excuses. The customer service is the worst i've ever had to deal with, an absolute disgrace. Lets see if i can get some customer service on here, eh?

• Advertisement

Lawnmo wrote: »
    Do you lot hand out unlock codes for prepay phones or what? I've been with emobile for near a year now, and have been looking for an unlock code for a prepay phone for close to 2 months, constantly being met with excuses. The customer service is the worst i've ever had to deal with, an absolute disgrace. Lets see if i can get some customer service on here, eh?

Hi Lawnmo,

In order to be eligible to receive the unlocking code for your phone you need to have topped up your account by €130 and also register the imei of your phone to your eMobile account. Have you completed this? If you PM your mobile number pin imei and make and model of your phone I will be able investigate this for you.

Grainne

Hi Lawnmo,

In order to be eligible to receive the unlocking code for your phone you need to have topped up your account by €130 and also register the imei of your phone to your eMobile account. Have you completed this? If you PM your mobile number pin imei and make and model of your phone I will be able investigate this for you.

Grainne
    Yep, i've spent more than 130 quid, and my details have been registered with emobile for months now. I dont even understand this registering the imei of me phone to me account. Ive just looked at my details, and theres no option to add the imei of my phone to my details. Not once in the 5 times in conversing with your customer service, have i been told that the imei of the phone must also be registered with my details. Anyway will send pm. Ta

Yep, i've spent more than 130 quid, and my details have been registered with emobile for months now. I dont even understand this registering the imei of me phone to me account. Ive just looked at my details, and theres no option to add the imei of my phone to my details. Not once in the 5 times in conversing with your customer service, have i been told that the imei of the phone must also be registered with my details. Anyway will send pm. Ta

Thanks Lawnmo,

I will get this checked out for you now and will let you know.

Grainne

This has now been sorted. Cheers

This has now been sorted. Cheers

Thanks for letting me know Lawnmo.

Let us know here if we can help you further.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Hi Grainne,

I'm on the family & friends discount, or something similar. Somebody made a big mistake when I purchased online and it took months to correct. I had to pay €300 deposit, even though my credit history is impeccable and I was moving from Meteor, with bills paid on time, all the time by DD.

I would like to check a couple of things with you if possible. I am likely to upgrade from the 4S to th iPhone 5 when eligible to upgrade.

1) Will I be asked for another deposit if upgrading? This will be a deal breaker for me if so.

2) When my contract is out, will I receive an unlock code for the 4S?

3) When am I elegible to upgrade?

4) What details do you need from me to check this out? I will pm myname, mobile number and pin, but just ask if you need more.

goz83 wrote: »
    Hi Grainne,

I'm on the family & friends discount, or something similar. Somebody made a big mistake when I purchased online and it took months to correct. I had to pay €300 deposit, even though my credit history is impeccable and I was moving from Meteor, with bills paid on time, all the time by DD.

I would like to check a couple of things with you if possible. I am likely to upgrade from the 4S to th iPhone 5 when eligible to upgrade.

1) Will I be asked for another deposit if upgrading? This will be a deal breaker for me if so.

2) When my contract is out, will I receive an unlock code for the 4S?

3) When am I elegible to upgrade?

4) What details do you need from me to check this out? I will pm myname, mobile number and pin, but just ask if you need more.

Hi goz83,

I have received your PM. I will look into this for you.

When you avail of an upgrade you will not be charged for a deposit.

When your existing contract ends you will need to call the unlocking code team to request the unlocking code for your phone.

I have received all the required details to access your account. I will advise in PM's when your contract is due to end.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kev.skyline

i bought a secondhand iphone 4s off donedeal recently, it was advertised as being unlocked but its locked to your network, is there any chance of getting it unlocked? or is a lost cause? he said it was an unwanted upgrade and never used it, dont know if thats true or not though.
    not holding my breath as from reading on here its almost impossible for emobile customers to get them unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JohnnyDoogue

My parents are Eircom customers, E Mobile customers and I live there at home. Is it possible to get the eMobile Unlimited offer or do I have to be the account holder?

i bought a secondhand iphone 4s off donedeal recently, it was advertised as being unlocked but its locked to your network, is there any chance of getting it unlocked? or is a lost cause? he said it was an unwanted upgrade and never used it, dont know if thats true or not though.
    not holding my breath as from reading on here its almost impossible for emobile customers to get them unlocked.

Hi kev.skyline,

You would have to get back in contact with the person that you bought the phone off. For data protection reasons only the person that bought the phone can request the unlocking code.

Gráinne
    My parents are Eircom customers, E Mobile customers and I live there at home. Is it possible to get the eMobile Unlimited offer or do I have to be the account holder?

Hi JohnnyDoogue,

Could you clarify what offer you are referring to? Is it the sim only half price unlimited offer?

Provided you are living at the address of an eircom account holder you can avail of the eircom discount on your plan.

Gráinne

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Hi Grainne, is there a dedicated billing e-mail? I've cancelled my direct debit and just want to drop them a quick e-mail explaining the circumstances.

Tragedy wrote: »
    Hi Grainne, is there a dedicated billing e-mail? I've cancelled my direct debit and just want to drop them a quick e-mail explaining the circumstances.

Hi Tragedy,

Have you cancelled your direct debit through your bank? In order to cancel your direct debit through eMobile you will need to send a written request for this. You can either post it or attach it and email it to customercare@emobile.ie

Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Hi Tragedy,

Have you cancelled your direct debit through your bank? In order to cancel your direct debit through eMobile you will need to send a written request for this. You can either post it or attach it and email it to customercare@emobile.ie

Grainne

I've cancelled it through my bank. I've informed the customer care team that I consider their actions and statements a breach of condition and that I'm terminating the contract and pursuing legal recourse but as said, I just want to ensure that billing is informed and kept up to speed.

Tragedy wrote: »
    I've cancelled it through my bank. I've informed the customer care team that I consider their actions and statements a breach of condition and that I'm terminating the contract and pursuing legal recourse but as said, I just want to ensure that billing is informed and kept up to speed.

Hi Tragedy,

If you wish for me to investigate your issue for you I will be happy to assist. Could you PM your mobile number pin and details of your issue I will look into this for you.

Gráinne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭scon86

i have an samsung galaxy s3 with e mobile but it will not let me make video calls. HELP

scon86 wrote: »
    i have an samsung galaxy s3 with e mobile but it will not let me make video calls. HELP

Hi scon86,

In order to be able make a video call on your phone both numbers have to be accessing 3G data for the duration of the call.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

I bought a Huawei Ascend G330 from eMobile a little while ago. It offers corrections for my spelling but every single word, correct and incorrect are underlined red as if they're not in the dictionary. I can disable the red lines by turning off spell checking, but spell checking is important to me.

I have spell checking enabled and set to English.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Is it possible that I can get my itemised bill cancelled? It's a waste of paper. I can't find an option when I log into the eMobile site. Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Is it possible that I can get my itemised bill cancelled? It's a waste of paper. I can't find an option when I log into the eMobile site. Thanks

Hi etloveslsd,

If you PM your mobile and PIN number I will de-itemise your bill and you will only receive a paper bill containing your monthly charge in future.

Tony

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

I bought a Huawei Ascend G330 from eMobile a little while ago. It offers corrections for my spelling but every single word, correct and incorrect are underlined red as if they're not in the dictionary. I can disable the red lines by turning off spell checking, but spell checking is important to me.

I have spell checking enabled and set to English.

Hi EarthlyPangea,

To be honest I am not sure if this is a feature of the handset or there is a specific issue with it. I will check this out for you to see if I can get any further information on it and get back to you shortly.

Tony

Advertisement