Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More mag!!!!

Options
  • 06-09-2012 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭

Howdy Folks,

I've lately gotten into shooting FTR and am enjoying it although it does show up the inconsistencies in my technique... :o

Currently I'm using a leupold VX III LR 8.5 - 25 X 50 and I love the scope... but... I would like some more magnification ...

finances at the moment won't allow me to go the route of a Sightron or Nightforce , as much as I'd love too..

But has anyone used a Bulzeye optical booster : LINKY

What would be the Pro's and Con's ...

Thanks,

Fish

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Was looking at these over a year ago, and have on numerous times considered getting one. I then found a great review (which i cannot find right now) that gave an excellent run down of the pros, and cons.

The main one that caught my eye was that the claim of 3, 3.5, & 4 times mag is not accurate. If you have a 25 power scope it will not turn it into 75 power, but more along the lines of 32-33 power. So the 3, 3.5, and 4 times on it really give 30%, 35%, and 40% more mag.

Not sure what models they work on now, but at the time it was limited to NF, and a few other brands and then only one certain models within that brand.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement