Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Irish property tax to cost 'on average' €1000 per house.(can you afford it?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

kr7 wrote: »
    Ali, baby, How many times do I have to tell you.

I am a 'charge' cheat, get it?, a 'charge' cheat.

At this present moment in time, as well you know, we don't have a property tax in this country.

We have a 'household charge' or a registration fee by another name.

At least now everyone can see where your coming from, it's good that that's out in the open.

The HHC is a tax. I think that fact has been out in the open from day one. Ipso facto - you're a tax cheat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭kr7

Northclare wrote: »
    That's only spin,our neighbors pay less for food,energy,etc

Spin away my friend

Our neighbours also make renters, be they LA or private pay for their services.

Our neighbours also receive a hell of a lot more for their money than one would get here.

I just thought for a little while in my mental state that the Govt might be trying to convince us to pay by using these paid up party members. Then it dawned on me that they are paying advisers way over the agreed rate to do the same. Mental indeed.

You're right there. Mental it is.

Our neighbours also make renters, be they LA or private pay for their services.

Our neighbours also receive a hell of a lot more for their money than one would get here.

6 million on council benefit remember, and charges way above what's projected for property tax here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

alastair wrote: »
    That's only spin,our neighbors pay less for food,energy,etc

Spin away my friend

No spin. Just the facts. It's no accident that every other nation has figured out that property taxation is an essential component of a country's sustainable revenue stream.

Were Irish we like to be different,were entitled to that are we not ?

I'll tell you what you make out a mathematical graph or template which can figure out how one who breaks even and has a family to look after,can pay for something when they haven't the money....

YOU CANT

• Advertisement

The HHC is a tax. I think that fact has been out in the open from day one. Ipso facto - you're a tax cheat.

You can call me a 'tax cheat' all you like, it's like water off a ducks back.

Your wrong though.

I seem to remember that you were a tax cheat in the UK though.

Your vested interests on the other hand have been exposed.

You have been exposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

i live in the uk......i have never paid a property tax....

Nothing wrong with being different, as long as you're not cutting off your nose to spite your face. And we've historically had property taxation here for longer than we haven't, so it's a proud Irish tradition too, if that keeps you happier.

You can call me a 'tax cheat' all you like, it's like water off a ducks back.

Your wrong though.

I seem to remember that you were a tax cheat in the UK though.

Your vested interests on the other hand have been exposed.

You have been exposed.

Yep - I was a poll tax (that was a 'charge' too!) avoider. It still leaves you as an active and current tax cheat though - and one in a sad state of denial.

'Vested interests'. Knock yourself out. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'll tell you what you make out a mathematical graph or template which can figure out how one who breaks even and has a family to look after,can pay for something when they haven't the money....

YOU CANT

They won't try either. They'll circle the wagons again and tell you that every country has a Property Tax of some sort BUT they won't explain that those countries actually get services for theirs. It boils down to the fact that Enda has to look good in Europe and their rich friends have to be bailed out. Party politics. Fianna Fail Mk2.

• Advertisement

They won't try either. They'll circle the wagons again and tell you that every country has a Property Tax of some sort BUT they won't explain that those countries actually get services for theirs. It boils down to the fact that Enda has to look good in Europe and their rich friends have to be bailed out. Party politics. Fianna Fail Mk2.

You get local services too. But you've been told that multiple times without it seeming to register. As does the minimal impact the bank bailout makes on our actual tax expenditure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I need a life saving operation, due to health cuts half of them are summarily suspended. I've been told six to 12 months waiting list if I leave hospital [not my choice to stay or go anyway] yet my cardiologist thought I was so sick be admitted me immediately and I had a bed in three minutes flat.

So I don't expect to be back to pay any Taxes.

Yep - I was a poll tax (that was a 'charge' too!) avoider. It still leaves you as an active and current tax cheat though - and one in a sad state of denial.

'Vested interests'. Knock yourself out. :D

I'm not in denial at all, see my previous posts.

I'll leave it that so, I know what you are and your reasons for wanting more taxes and you know that I am a 'charge' evader.
    (you can change 'charge' to 'tax' there if it makes you feel better)

Ciao.

Nothing wrong with being different, as long as you're not cutting off your nose to spite your face. And we've historically had property taxation here for longer than we haven't, so it's a proud Irish tradition too, if that keeps you happier.

WHERE'S YOUR GRAPH AND TEMPLATE
    TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO PAY FOR SOMETHING WHEN WE DON'T HAVE IT

gbee wrote: »
    I need a life saving operation, due to health cuts half of them are summarily suspended. I've been told six to 12 months waiting list if I leave hospital [not my choice to stay or go anyway] yet my cardiologist thought I was so sick be admitted me immediately and I had a bed in three minutes flat.

gbee, I hope things work out for you and you get well soon.
    Keep the head up, there's more important things in life than this bi11**** tax.

I'm not in denial at all, see my previous posts.

A litany of self-denial? I've seen it all before.

Self-confessed tax cheat with an inability to account for their unwillingness to pay their taxes. It's not a pretty picture.

When are you putting up your business details and client list btw? I'm sure there's no grant-aid or pubic sector element in your income. :D

I HOPE IT WORKS OUT FOR YOU

This government lack so much empathy for their citizens,they feed fear to everyone,the last crowd were bad but this lot are + or should I say - 50%

Hope it works out for you. Sorry to hear that. Will pray for you.

A litany of self-denial? I've seen it all before.

Self-confessed tax cheat with an inability to account for their unwillingness to pay their taxes. It's not a pretty picture.

When are you putting up your business details and client list btw? I'm sure there's no grant-aid or pubic sector element in your income. :D

I wouldn't be so stupid to put my business name and address on a public forum, especially if I was going to wind people up all the time like you do.
    There's a lot of nutters out there.

Who's this 'we'? Feel free to draft up your own graphs to make your case.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be so stupid to put my business name and address on a public forum, especially if I was going to wind people up all the time like you do.

So I've noticed. I'll take that as evidence that you've something to hide on the 'vested interest' front then. Or maybe you're one of those party shills you're so fond of referencing? :D

Ah go easy on him Kr7. Intelligent people like him and noodles are great posters to have on here. They give us a good laugh with their spinning.

So I've noticed. I'll take that as evidence that you've something to hide on the 'vested interest' front then. Or maybe you're one of those party shills you're so fond of referencing? :D

There are some government contracts I get, yea.

But, in case you haven't noticed, I'm arguing against this tax!

It may even effect my business if there are LA cuts.

But I'll still argue against this tax because it's wrong.

You look after your own interests, I'll stand for what I believe in.

Who's this 'we'? Feel free to draft up your own graphs to make your case.

Keep on spinning lol

Are you on tranquilizers or something,or have mental health issues

Ah go easy on him Kr7. Intelligent people like him and noodles are great posters to have on here. They give us a good laugh with their spinning.

Be careful Tayto - the government forum agents might be watching. :eek:

Keep on spinning lol

Are you on tranquilizers or something,or have mental health issues

And that's the ignore button for you - bye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

Clever tax. Gouge people who are in negative equity and, therefore, trapped in the country.

Be careful Tayto - the government forum agents might be watching. :eek:

Na, dv's not up yet.:D

I get the feeling someone is on a long break and has decided they can come into boards.ie to justify their case.

• Advertisement

Clever tax. Gouge people who are in negative equity and, therefore, trapped in the country.

You'd prefer a tax on people that forced them abroad?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement