Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

No tests tomorrow for once, love my life! Also I'm immensely proud of myself for writing an almost 7 page comparative essay in 2 and a half hours, I thought it would take me at least 4 :)

Very nice indeed. I think there's something wrong with me I haven't done the slightest bit of work today and my teachers are just after getting mad at me...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Bubbleope wrote: »
    My intro was about a quarter of a page, which is normal? Yeah? S: And then the two paragraphs/points were almost a page long each.

I have three more points to write about which I'll probably get for homework the next day! D: It'll take me just as long.. 3 hours probably. Ughh English.
    But yeah, my essays are usually 4-5 pages. :P 6 at the most!
    BUT WHY MUST IT TAKE SO LONG TO WRITE THE FRIGGING YOKES? O:

p.s. the only thing i wrote about his actual life was that he won a Nobel Prize for English. xD
    Yeah dont worry, your essay sounds fine :) When you have it learned you'll be able to write it quicker :P I wouldnt know, I usually type mine :cool:

History test in an hour...why am I on boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Cian A wrote: »
    Same

Got luck on my side! Got a free class for English so studied Chapter 10 in the book as much as I could. I think I got around the 60's so happy enough:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I do my homework in Home Ec, I get good results, I listen to the teacher, I don't mess around in the class so why am I getting lumped in with class punishment work for when some idiots in the class didn't do their homework and was messing around

I just wouldnt do it, honestly. Better things to do in 6th year. It pisses me off so much when teachers do that.

• Advertisement

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I just wouldnt do it, honestly. Better things to do in 6th year. It pisses me off so much when teachers do that.

I'll just do it anyway, it's somewhat educational, it's just a lot more extra questions to do on the chapter

Also, my careers teacher told us that we need to have 10 lvl 7 courses done out for tomorrow, I have 5 done and it's all courses that I don't want to do or have no interest in it. This is a waste of time, I have a course at lvl 8 that I want to do and know I can achieve the points for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I'll just do it anyway, it's somewhat educational, it's just a lot more extra questions to do on the chapter

Also, my careers teacher told us that we need to have 10 lvl 7 courses done out for tomorrow, I have 5 done and it's all courses that I don't want to do or have no interest in it. This is a waste of time, I have a course at lvl 8 that I want to do and know I can achieve the points for it.

Then I'd be looking harder for Lvl 7 ones and more lvl 8s. You need more than one course you want to do, even if you get the points you can still lose out on random selection.

Got luck on my side! Got a free class for English so studied Chapter 10 in the book as much as I could. I think I got around the 60's so happy enough:pac:

Had a free class too but decided to do the maths homework I "forgot" to do instead. Still happy with how it went I felt I managed a B.

Does anyone know where that thread is with those programs that ban you going on the computer?

Chuchoter wrote: »
    Then I'd be looking harder for Lvl 7 ones and more lvl 8s. You need more than one course you want to do, even if you get the points you can still lose out on random selection.

I have 2-3 more lvl 8 courses that I want to do if I don't get the course I want which Computer Applications at DCU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

If I don't do any productive study over the midterm I'm doomed for Christmas exams!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Gotten outta the habit of doing my homework in time! Think I'd wanna go do mine now before training

M&S* wrote: »
    If I don't do any productive study over the midterm I'm doomed for Christmas exams!

In my head this midterm is unbelievably productive, Sunday week I'd say I'll be kicking myself for not doing anything

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Midterm plan is as follows:

Monday, Tuesday...happy days....anyone:rolleyes::D*

Wednesday: 10 hours study

Thursday: 10 hours study, Physics -> discover sub-sub atomic particles

Friday: only 9 hours study + 1 hour of mad raving alcohol fuelled session

Saturday: 11 hours study, gotta catch up due to mad raving alcohol fuelled session

Sunday: Day of rest..... Rest smesht. 12 hours study and mass, where I'll pray for 600 points.

Some say thats ambitious. I say this is the fupping leaving cert. Roll on the midterm.

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMxkMy9JvXI

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Got a dilemma bitches. :P

Ok so I know I wanna teach. Defo that's what I wanna do.
    But I wanna teach biology/maths. That's grand.
    But I'd also like to teach english.

I'm afraid of going on to do maths and biology and then getting bored with it. I genuinely love both subjects, and I wanna teach them because I love them, but I'm afraid of getting bored doing the same things day in/day out because there's nothing new to learn.

But I like english too. And I think it'd be good to teach because you won't do the same things every year. Different poets/plays etc.

You know?

So what should I do? I'm genuinely torn..

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Taking a break for my poor cramped hand... Home ec journal so bloody close to being finished, I can almost taste the freedom from that dreaded blue booklet...

*mad happy dance!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D*

donvito99 wrote: »
    Midterm plan is as follows:

Monday, Tuesday...happy days....anyone:rolleyes::D*

Wednesday: 10 hours study

Thursday: 10 hours study, Physics -> discover sub-sub atomic particles

Friday: only 9 hours study + 1 hour of mad raving alcohol fuelled session

Saturday: 11 hours study, gotta catch up due to mad raving alcohol fuelled session

Sunday: Day of rest..... Rest smesht. 12 hours study and mass, where I'll pray for 600 points.

Some say thats ambitious. I say this is the fupping leaving cert. Roll on the midterm.

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMxkMy9JvXI

Wow are you serious! My plan is as follows :

Saturday : 18th
    Sunday-Friday : Sleep
    Saturday : 18th
    Sunday : Panic

This is our last holiday for the rest of the year we can semi relax. Christmas will be nonstop, so will midterm and easter. I'll do a bit of study but I intend on recuperating and having a bit of craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Taking a break for my poor cramped hand... Home ec journal so bloody close to being finished, I can almost taste the freedom from that dreaded blue booklet...

*mad happy dance!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D*
    I genuinely thought you meant sth else. My mind is messed up :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Chuchoter wrote: »
    This is our last holiday for the rest of the year we can semi relax. Christmas will be nonstop, so will midterm and easter. I'll do a bit of study but I intend on recuperating and having a bit of craic.

Thoughts on Monday about midterm - "gonna be great, see the girlfriend, relax, have a few drinks, enjoy life."

Thoughts today about midterm - "...I f*ckin' hate sixth year..." -.-
    7 essays, 3 exam questions so far... FML

• Advertisement

full 08 exam paper for french. oral when we come back. i'm actually happy, i love french :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

I hate french because I'VE HAD NO TEACHER FOR A MONTH!!!!! :( Angers me hugely because I'm trying to do stuff on my own but have noone to correct it :(

I genuinely thought you meant sth else. My mind is messed up :/

... I don't want to know.

Getting so much nagging to study it's annoying me.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

So I'm just writing up the last implementation page of my last home ec journal. Handing it all up tomorrow for corrections, then I get to write it in the to sh*tty little book and FREEDOMMMMMMMMMMMM! :D
    For a week, atleast..

I hate you Home Ec.

I finished my home ec journal 40 minutes ago. And I don't feel like doing my happy dance for some reason :/ downer much :L

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

I'm burning all my old journals and notes tomorrow night if you'd like to join me. ;)

Have you your elective done?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Getting so much nagging to study it's annoying me.s this weekend, can't wait :)

FYP!

Manic2 wrote: »
    Got a dilemma bitches. :P

Ok so I know I wanna teach. Defo that's what I wanna do.
    But I wanna teach biology/maths. That's grand.
    But I'd also like to teach english.

I'm afraid of going on to do maths and biology and then getting bored with it. I genuinely love both subjects, and I wanna teach them because I love them, but I'm afraid of getting bored doing the same things day in/day out because there's nothing new to learn.

But I like english too. And I think it'd be good to teach because you won't do the same things every year. Different poets/plays etc.

You know?

So what should I do? I'm genuinely torn..

:pac:

I'd say you'd be a great English teacher. "Books out bitchès!", "Plath got fúcked over" etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Cian A wrote: »
    I'd say you'd be a great English teacher. "Books out bitchès!", "Plath got fúcked over" etc etc.

I sweat that sentence is genuinely me in a nutshell. :eek: :pac::D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement