Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Finished Geography? :eek: Whaaaaaaaaaat?
    We've just finished economic, have the project and the elective to do! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Well we just worked solely on perfecting geography essays on each topic since 4th year. We rarely bothered with notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Physically... Cannot... Study...

I wish procrastination was a subject, well get an A1 in it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Cian A wrote: »
    We waste an unbelievable amount of time in class. We're about 3/4 done now. Being ready for the Lc by christmas would help a lot in other subjects but alas..
    Oh by no means am I ready for the LC exam! :p We've just finished the course, so now it's revision/question practice :)
    Leftyflip wrote: »

God same, have to do a comparative essay tonight too </3

Have this big chemistry test tomorrow - I tried to study, I failed. Now I'm doing a geography essay...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

We haven't even finished any courses yet!

Haven't started poetry in English either!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Leftyflip wrote: »

See tag:p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Cian A wrote: »
    Jesus we're slow. We're not even doing it well or anything, Jealous of all of you:rolleyes:
    Well in fairness we only really did summaries of chapters and a lot more exam q's than I'd realized, but at the same time it wasnt exactly a lot and didnt do many from the book. We'd a few tests then xmas and summer but thats about it. :o

One page to go, the suspense. :D
    M&S* wrote: »
    You do economic too?! :eek: We did our project in 5th year, havent done ocean-atmosphere yet though, dreading it :pac: Do you do business? It helps so much with economic :P

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

I'm so annoyed at myself!

Had a biology test today and made so many silly mistakes! Urgh!

For the definition of ecological niche I wrote the functional role of an organism....forgot to write "in an ecosystem"!

And in this other question had to write the colour we'd observe and I wrote the clolour change instead!

I'm so stupid! *frown*

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Well in fairness we only really did summaries of chapters and a lot more exam q's than I'd realized, but at the same time it wasnt exactly a lot and didnt do many from the book. We'd a few tests then xmas and summer but thats about it. :o

One page to go, the suspense. :D

You do economic too?! :eek: We did our project in 5th year, havent done ocean-atmosphere yet though, dreading it :pac: Do you do business? It helps so much with economic :P

We've went into far too much detail about everything I think, my lack of a teacher for half of fifth year probably didn't help either!

I thought everyone does economic? Ah we're doing ours after midterm I think, can't wait? :pac:

I don't do business but I can see how these things overlap! My teacher gave us one of his economic essays which had a similar heading in a past paper! Tisn't fair on us non-business people! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Is there a difference between economic and economics? I'm well confused :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

How do you guys do your English homework? Do you type it out or write it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Oh wait, still have the aul project :D But apart from that, finito!!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

We've went into far too much detail about everything I think, my lack of a teacher for half of fifth year probably didn't help either!

I thought everyone does economic? Ah we're doing ours after midterm I think, can't wait? :pac:
    And no, I'm not doing economic at all :p
    ConTheCat wrote: »

Seriously? We won't be finished until after the mocks-nowhere near finished the elective and haven't even looked at the option yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Is there a difference between economic and economics? I'm well confused :confused:
    I know it's weird, after happening a few times I believe they are purposely typing this:pac:. It doesn't even make sense economic is an adjective no?
    BL1993 wrote: »
    How do you guys do your English homework? Do you type it out or write it out?

You'll have to write it in the leaving cert so I'd stick with writing.

We're finished everything and we have the field study done aswell. :D

We're currently revising plate tectonics. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Joey. wrote: »
    Seriously? We won't be finished until after the mocks-nowhere near finished the elective and haven't even looked at the option yet!

Yeah we did like a question out of the exam papers everyday last year and again this year and its done, we've already revised all of rocks, weathering and erosion and plate tectonics :D

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Yeah we did like a question out of the exam papers everyday last year and again this year and its done, we've already revised all of rocks, weathering and erosion and plate tectonics :D

Ah right, see we have to revise ourselves and are tested every week or two, so I guess in that sense we've revised plate tectonics, earthquakes, volcanoes and folding and faulting...there's still so much to cover though :(

I'm having a horrible week, midterm really cannot come soon enough.

I don't do business but I can see how these things overlap! My teacher gave us one of his economic essays which had a similar heading in a past paper! Tisn't fair on us non-business people! :(
    Nope! The other option is soooooo much easier omg, the B parts are as easy as the A parts, its just map reading with a bit of knowledge from the work but nowhere near as hard as economic :eek: I think its supposed to balance the fact that the economic side is easier for people who do business...but its so hard to expand on the points enough to get 30 marks :confused: yeah it really isnt! I was just thinking today how annoyed I'd be not to do business :pac: Just earlier today I was doing a business exam question and had to use my knowledge of geography to help me :P
    Oh, we mean economic geography, its one of the options you can do and it overlaps with business and economics. Its not a different subject or anything :P
    Ahh, so jealous!

There's easier stuff than economic? :( Why wasn't I informed? I hate economic it's so hard! :(

• Advertisement

Exactly! D: For example, instead of talking about what influenced an MNC to locate where it did, you'd look at an OS map and give 3 grid references, state what's there and explain why it indicates something like "why people settled here"....rivers etc, explain it a bit. 3 of them = 30 marks. it seems almost too easy but my english teacher teaches the other geography class and told me that, and said that even the worst students in his class get full marks on the options and electives and laughed at me having to do economic :(

also, the 80 markers can vary from explaining how water goes from the clouds to the sea or something awful like that to...wait for it..."country boundaries and languages do not always correlate perfectly. explain this." so unfair :(

Exactly! D: For example, instead of talking about what influenced an MNC to locate where it did, you'd look at an OS map and give 3 grid references, state what's there and explain why it indicates something like "why people settled here"....rivers etc, explain it a bit. 3 of them = 30 marks. it seems almost too easy but my english teacher teaches the other geography class and told me that, and said that even the worst students in his class get full marks on the options and electives and laughed at me having to do economic :(

also, the 80 markers can vary from explaining how water goes from the clouds to the sea or something awful like that to...wait for it..."country boundaries and languages do not always correlate perfectly. explain this." so unfair :(

WHAT? :( I actually don't understand why anyone does economic? :confused:
    I want easy marks!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

just spent 2 hours writing ONLY 2 and a bit pages for the intro and the first two paragraphs on a Seamus Heaney poetry question.. /:
    Does anyone else spend this much time on the english homework?

For a whole answer it'd probably take me about 4 hours altogether. D:

WHAT? :( I actually don't understand why anyone does economic? :confused:
    I want easy marks!
    Exactly what I was thinking! My teacher teaches business to 4th years so thats his reason...bit stupid :/ I thought maybe it'd be marked easier because its done less often but its so difficult that it probably wouldnt even make a difference :eek:
    Bubbleope wrote:
    just spent 2 hours writing ONLY 2 and a bit pages for the intro and the first two paragraphs on a Seamus Heaney poetry question.. /:
    Does anyone else spend this much time on the english homework?

For a whole answer it'd probably take me about 4 hours altogether. D:
    I never get that, how can you get so much from an intro? Do you write about his life or something? Our essays are only ever like...4 pages long :P

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

I never get that, how can you get so much from an intro? Do you write about his life or something? Our essays are only ever like...4 pages long :P

My intro was about a quarter of a page, which is normal? Yeah? S: And then the two paragraphs/points were almost a page long each.

I have three more points to write about which I'll probably get for homework the next day! D: It'll take me just as long.. 3 hours probably. Ughh English.
    But yeah, my essays are usually 4-5 pages. :P 6 at the most!
    BUT WHY MUST IT TAKE SO LONG TO WRITE THE FRIGGING YOKES? O:

p.s. the only thing i wrote about his actual life was that he won a Nobel Prize for English. xD

Tonight is not a good night! Finding out that there's an easier option than doing economic and also I just remembered I've a maths test tomorrow! :(

THAT'S IT! I'm nocturnal - been studying since 9 o'clock no bothers, the only problem is that school starts in the mornings... Coffee and caffeine tablets anyone?

Have a big Adrienne Rich essay tomorrow. :(

She won't tell us what question she's giving but it's an essay one. :(

Manic2 wrote: »
    Have a big Adrienne Rich essay tomorrow. :(

She won't tell us what question she's giving but it's an essay one. :(

Just finished one of them myself, my god, it's so annoying being positive about that women! Some great metaphors, but what a moany cow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

No tests tomorrow for once, love my life! Also I'm immensely proud of myself for writing an almost 7 page comparative essay in 2 and a half hours, I thought it would take me at least 4 :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement