Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pirates Of The Caribbean 4

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭Ridley

If there's a PotC 5, I hope They'll give it a Sinbad/Arabian Nights feel in an attempt to break away from how damn bleak the last two movies have been. On Stranger Tides especially. So much grey.

I thought it was alright but for every thing I liked (Sparrow, Angelica,
    the mermaid attack and the Spanish motive to simply be rid of a "pagan temple"
    ) there was something I didn't (
    Missionary Will Turner II, Syrena's decision to give up her tear for whatever reason and the CGI snake of doom
    ).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,395 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

This film was such a disappointment :-(

Ending after credits for people that didn't know btw:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Penélope Cruz looked so damn good in this, smoking hwat. Walked out after an hour, would have been a lot sooner if not for Miss Cruz.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah, I went to see this last week and walked out after 40 minutes or so. We were 10 minutes late which didn't help, but I just couldn't bare another minute of it.

I can't believe Terry Rossio wrote this. I was a huge fan of his old screenwriting blog back when he and Elliot were still nobodies. It was one of the best guides for aspiring screenwriters that I've ever read. If he ever turns it into a book it will say "from the co-writer of the POTC films" on the cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

plot holes you could sail a ship through but enjoyable none the less.

When Barbossa mentions the Pearl going down with all hands does that mean Pintel and Ragetti, Cotton, Marty etc all kicked the bucket then:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭OniKen

I love the pirates trilogy but i went in thinking. 'Its the 4th one so it'll prob suck and ive hyped myself up way too much' but i really liked it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

plot holes you could sail a ship through but enjoyable none the less.

When Barbossa mentions the Pearl going down with all hands does that mean Pintel and Ragetti, Cotton, Marty etc all kicked the bucket then:confused:

Well the monkey survived, in bottle, so could the crew?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭OniKen

Well the monkey survived, in bottle, so could the crew?

Well if there is food and water I would say yes but then again the monkey is undead...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 krusty_10

Just back from the 3D version in Dundrum. Enjoyed the movie but agree with earlier comments about the night time scenes in 3D. There is so much of the movie set in dark/night time that I found the 3D glasses making it even darker and spent a few time checking what it was like without the glasses. Go see this in 2D.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Perhaps the 3D (amongst other visual treats) was an attempt to distract everybody from the lack of coherent plot?

I'll stick to the Curse of the Black Pearl.

• Advertisement
Advertisement