Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

Hi All,

Just got this done yesterday. It was a 4 hour sitting. It needs another 3 hours to finish.

DSCF0516_large.JPG?1304579228koi-fish-1koi-fish-1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Chocablock wrote: »
    Got it done by Karen Russell about a month and a half ago...

Karen's a genius, have a black tribal piece from my hip to my toes done by her.
    Free hand design. Wish she was still in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Chocablock

Indeed she is... Was my first by her but not the last. Gonna get it extended to full sleeve in the summer. Must try put up proper picture soon as they were taken with iPhone. Dont think shes going to be going back to Dublin anytime soon tho. Unlucky :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

6 hours into a 1950's jazz era leg sleeve. Just 12 more hours to go. It's being done by Remis in Skin City. Extremely nice guy, and an even better artist!

IMG_2073.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

That's amazing! Should look great when finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭bigfeller

Adiboo wrote: »
    Remis in Skin City.

Has Remis moved to Skin City now? Tattoo looks brilliant.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

First and probably only pic of new septum piercing. It'll be flipped up while healing. Not sure if it suits me or not though =/

Photo_00002.jpg

bigfeller wrote: »
    Has Remis moved to Skin City now? Tattoo looks brilliant.

Yep, he moved there a few weeks ago I think.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Yep, he moved there a few weeks ago I think.
    Looks amazing pal!!
    (Mark, Alanna's housemate!)

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

atavan-halen - it does suit you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

You know what else might suit you Atavan-halen,
    Nudity.
    Juuuust saying. :P :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

6 hours into a 1950's jazz era leg sleeve. Just 12 more hours to go. It's being done by Remis in Skin City. Extremely nice guy, and an even better artist!

IMG_2073.jpg

That's Incredible work!

Thanks lads! I'm really happy with it! Can't wait to get it finished. Remis is fully booked until February, which is a testament to how great an artist he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Genki Sudo

That is an outstanding piece.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

most of the work ive had done (1 full sleeve,plus others on legs and other arm) have been done by ronan harvey formerly irish ink back the west in galway,and jon who owns the place did a piece for me also,and one leg piece done in the usa..anyway, you will see where i get my inspiration from right away...
    23768_105108606179797_100000419755202_127482_6542580_n.jpgmm.jpg23768_105108889513102_100000419755202_127502_2550523_n.jpg23768_105108612846463_100000419755202_127484_5404306_n.jpg23768_105108616179796_100000419755202_127485_4013409_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheJinMu

Hi, does anyone know what the story is with getting a small tattoo at the cork tattoo convention? Like do you have to book or anything...? I mean small as in just a little bit bigger than a 2euro coin.... :) Dying to get something new cos I havent gotten one since last summer and i've only got the 4...
    I have big plans for my leg sleeve but that needs to be completely planned out before I continue work on it... So far I only have one on my calf and one on my thigh.. I can try put up pic's if anyone wants to see. But I want to see what can tie everything together before I start using up precious space on my leg. Ha ha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 WhoSaidWhut

That's Incredible work!

How much was something like that??

TheJinMu wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know what the story is with getting a small tattoo at the cork tattoo convention? Like do you have to book or anything...?

You'd be best off booking in case any of the artists are fully booked for the weekend. There should be a list of artists and their emails so have a look at some portfolios and email the ones you're interested in.

How much was something like that??

It's not my tattoo unfortunately, belongs to Adiboo.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭nathansredarmy

that jazz piece is really amazing great detailing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

TheJinMu wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know what the story is with getting a small tattoo at the cork tattoo convention? Like do you have to book or anything...? I mean small as in just a little bit bigger than a 2euro coin.... :) Dying to get something new cos I havent gotten one since last summer and i've only got the 4...
    I have big plans for my leg sleeve but that needs to be completely planned out before I continue work on it... So far I only have one on my calf and one on my thigh.. I can try put up pic's if anyone wants to see. But I want to see what can tie everything together before I start using up precious space on my leg. Ha ha :D

When and where is the cork tattoo convention?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

phi3 wrote: »
    When and where is the cork tattoo convention?

It's on in Midleton on the 24th/25th and 26th of June in Midleton Rugby hall.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/MIDLETON-TATTOO-SHOW/86279069253

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

Koi fish finished after 7 hours by Ian Flynn in JMD's. Sorry about the crappy picture it was taken on a phone

DSCF0620_large.JPG?1306182996

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

I got the below, Nor Cal stands for Northern California which i spent 6 years there and Nor Ire stands for Northern Ireland were i grew up. Inside the letters is the towns and and cities in both places:D
    tatarm.jpg

I got my leg done, took total of 42 hours and 5 sittings :( Its a Koi fish turning into a dragon swimming up stream.
    LEGTAT.jpg
    legft.jpg

My arm i have the below quote
    tattarm.jpg

On my back i have the below:D Its the "Last Supper" with everyone drinking Guinness lol:rolleyes:
    n535571593_1805480_6405547.jpg

Session 3 of Elvis piece tomorrow. (If ya thought the cheeseburger was mental.. wait & see :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

(EDIT Better Pics)
    Had my last session last night:

52088339.jpgf2105e70.jpg2d0702c1.jpg818341f9.jpg776daab5.jpg798e0a32.jpg

Work by Phil Cummins - Original Skin, Cobh

Script hand poked in Thailand
    The lotus in the Buddha's ear plug was hand poked by Ferank Manseed

3 Different artists & 3 different methods of tattooing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Savage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Will wrote: »
    Savage!

I'm delighted with it anyway :D, Phil's got a fantastic setup, really relaxed studio and the man is a gentleman and fantastic artist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Ferank manseed is also v talented dot work dude, lovely piece

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 lacyfrise

some really cool tatts on this, i'd love too get one but terrified of needles haha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement