Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential Stormy - Sun/Mon (Media hyped storm, never forecast by Met/Boards)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

Just had a look at the radar and looks like Becky is ripening nicely :D

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gaillimheach

First rain drops have just appeared on window in Knocknacarra, Galway. Wind is rising. Very cold outside. Just raised my outside boiler temperature from 60 to 80. (I know, I know, tisn't a new model)

Anything good on the telly today?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭weisses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cedissapointed

it has a name :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

First rain drops have just appeared on window in Knocknacarra, Galway. Wind is rising. Very cold outside. Just raised my outside boiler temperature from 60 to 80. (I know, I know, tisn't a new model)

Anything good on the telly today?

Ford Super Sunday with the rain (soon to be) hitting against the window and a cup of tea. Perfect Sunday :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

:eek:Where are you watching the reprts at they must be more up to date than IWN because their still giving me 72.2

From met.ie

45 knots = 83kph

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

http://www.sat24.com/

storm seems to be moving in alright:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

irish1967 wrote: »
    Greetings from the weather watching barman in Rossnowlagh. Everyone watching the waves increase here.

http://img222.imageshack.us/i/imagexjz.jpg/

Ah the smugglers creek bar, one of my favourite spots in the NW

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

it has a name :eek:
    It has indeed(And its also a blue banana:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Lads, has this been upgraded at all over the past few hours or is it still going to be a bit of a windy night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Ford Super Sunday with the rain (soon to be) hitting against the window and a cup of tea. Perfect Sunday :cool:

Tea ??!!?? Pfffffft

irish1967 wrote: »
    Tea ??!!?? Pfffffft

:D Or whatever your preferred beverage is ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Alfred123

just walking over Sarsfield bridge here in Limerick and saw a wind gust blow the baseball caps off 4 knackers. Theres something happening all right

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

snaps wrote: »
    Ah the smugglers creek bar, one of my favourite spots in the NW

Well no doubt I have served you then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

rain geting heavy and the winds picked up in castlebar and its freezing cold out

naughto wrote: »
    rain geting heavy and the winds picked up in castlebar and its freezing cold out

Yes it seems bitter, ive a fire on and the heating, trying to get the house warm. Wind howling down the chimney but i think it sounds a lot worse than it is by looking at the trees

• Registered Users Posts: 6,520 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

hi all in claregalway its getting blustery and wet, nothing notable so far other than a load of seagulls faffing about in the sky..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Winds have picked up here outside Enniskillen in the last 10 minutes, absolutely freezing, must be a wind-chill factor of at least -2, its a real raw bighting wind. No sign of rain yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭John mac

Lashing here now. just have to watch the race on bbc1hd :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Its really damp and chilly out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Wind getting stronger now in Galway as the rain comes down I can't believe how cold it feels though:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭BornToBe?

Considering from all the sat images its off the doast of Iceland, anyone been checking out what Icelands weather is like atm?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,520 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

yep agree with that windchill must be very low now its utterly biting out there, ales tonight at home and day off tommorow (well i run my own business taking day of) lets see what happens ;)

Rain coming down the chimney now its so hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Jorda 12

Dull and very calm here in Dublin ...........could this be the calm before the storm ?

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

pressure dropping 2.03 per hour here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Image taken an hour ago

134027.JPG

238 (80 members & 158 guests) And its not even a bad storm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

You'd never think there is a storm on the way here in Dublin, it's as calm as a millpond here at the moment only temperatures have plumetted this afternoon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

@ Redsunset, cracking image of Becky,

Cork City is all calm at the moment but very cold outside

This clip is taken with my Lumix TZ3, my new TZ7 had to be returned to Amazon as it had dead pixels on the LCD screen so the quality from this camera wont be as good as if i had the TZ7, i'll be posting more as the afternoon progresses and the weather deteriorates.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement