Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I've lost all respect for Traffic Corp

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

1922 wrote: »
    the gardai dont make the rules, they just enforce them

and not getting commission, i doubt they are motivated by the need to raise revenue...
    ...the individual officer's aren't, but the people who issue the 'standing orders' or whatever they're called, that's a different ball of wax. Officers on the beat don't make neither policy nor law.
    no , i know it goes to our goverment supposedly to be used in wise ways to improve motoring

??? In your dreams.

Unless you include paying for Ministerial Merc's as 'motoring'.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

The arrow seems to indicate they were 'hidden' behind this tree.

Now that IS a useful purpose for StreetView !!

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Exact same on the N32 this morning! traffic nipping into the bus lane 100metres before it ended to turn onto the Malahide road (and easing conjestion in the process) were pulled over by a bike cop dressed in black leathers standing beside his bike which he had parked behind a black sign.

I was walking to work thankfully!
    I thought the bus lanes werre not in use on the N32 anymore :confused:
    e.g. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055219530

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

bonzos wrote: »
    Pity they could not fine the travellers who recently took over a section of the N4 outside sligo to race horses follow by a fleet of 4x4's and vans driving 4 abreast into on coming traffic:rolleyes:....this was reported in the national papers and there is a 3 minute video of it on youtube.No action taken????

To the best of my knowledge that is being investigated but as there are no reg plates on the sulkies it does make identification that much more difficult

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Get a motorcycle OP, the Traffic Corp will let you away with going in the bus lane, mostly anyway. :pac:
    But then they don't slow anyone down
    ironclaw wrote: »
    Why doesn't the bus lane come into effect maybe at 9.30?

Because bus commuters want to get to work too.
    They are doing you a favour.
    If every bus commuter in the city got pissed off ( and they certainly have reasons to!) and bought a car to commute, the city will be jammed next Monday morning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

TBH I'm surprised this has warranted a thread.

Gardaí are just like accidents. You do your best to avoid meeting them on the road and when you do its everyone else's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

The traffic cops are the Gestapo of the Gardai, they're a law onto themselves. I've seem them stop a funeral, check the hearse and limo for tax, insurance, licences and tyres, pig ignorant if you ask me, how would they like it if it happened to a funeral of someone belonging to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

kbannon wrote: »
    I thought the bus lanes werre not in use on the N32 anymore :confused:
    e.g. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055219530

Apologies "templeview vale" (the continuation of the N32 on the other side of the Malahide road) is what I meant.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=53.402396,-6.177047&spn=0,0.002642&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=53.402386,-6.176875&panoid=za4Rxy07IOXOVVe198Bk9A&cbp=12,249.63,,0,13.59

And the Gaurd was hiding in behind the bus stop advertising sign in the like above.

everybody has to wait that wee bit longer if people do not use common sense and only use one lane. the bus is not held up as the trraffic turning left at the junction flows quicker than the traffic stopped to turn right and go straight to the N32

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Let's throw a spanner in the works :D

How do you boardsies feel about bikers jumping up to the top of the queue?

KamiKazi wrote: »
    How do you boardsies feel about bikers jumping up to the top of the queue?

HATE IT

It really pisses me off when pizza delivery boy gets to the top of the queue, parks in front of my car at the lights and then takes an age to reach 30Kph and then just sits in the middle of the lane blocking all those behind

I actually think its the same guy who just hates me and does it to annoy me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

its bleedin stupid, i always drive in that bus lane, i never see any buses on it. and why cant the bus lane on the n11 be a 7am to 7pm job? that road is a freakin nightmare

Overature wrote: »
    and why cant the bus lane on the n11 be a 7am to 7pm job?

Isn't it....????

The cops really make a fortune out of that road

johnos1984 wrote: »
    HATE IT

It really pisses me off when pizza delivery boy gets to the top of the queue, parks in front of my car at the lights and then takes an age to reach 30Kph and then just sits in the middle of the lane blocking all those behind

I actually think its the same guy who just hates me and does it to annoy me :D

What about someone like me on a 650cc sports bike that does 0-60 in 4.1 seconds? :)

What about someone like me on a 650cc sports bike that does 0-60 in 4.1 seconds? :)

As long as you don't hold me up while I'm racing in the traffic light grand prix I've no problem.

In all seriousness as regards motorbikes in bus lanes my main issue is with cars turning right across the lanes and hitting a biker.

I've seen it happen before, not pretty, but i did blame the biker. Going too fast, in a bus lane and hugging the traffic on his right. The car crossing couldn't see.

I don't know who would actually of been right or wrong but I felt the biker was at fault.

Will I be shot with **** for saying:p that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

and why cant the bus lane on the n11 be a 7am to 7pm job? that road is a freakin nightmare

Well if the road isn't busy after 7pm, then you shouldn't need an extra lane and if the road is busy after 7pm then the bus lane does help the buses pass the traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I hate the pizza boys. Bees in a jamjar. The boys on the big bikes are the only people I respect on the road actually.

-Corkie- wrote: »
    The boys on the big bikes are the only people I respect on the road actually.

Me too.

They generally aren't arseholes either.

Had me a couple of hogs pass me today, pulled out of the over taking lane (they were going a lot faster) gave them the thumbs up and they obliged with a thumbs up and the nice harley exhaust note.

being nice has its rewards :D

As long as you don't hold me up while I'm racing in the traffic light grand prix I've no problem.

In all seriousness as regards motorbikes in bus lanes my main issue is with cars turning right across the lanes and hitting a biker.

I've seen it happen before, not pretty, but i did blame the biker. Going too fast, in a bus lane and hugging the traffic on his right. The car crossing couldn't see.

I don't know who would actually of been right or wrong but I felt the biker was at fault.

WRONG.

Person turning right without checking for oncoming traffic would be in the wrong.

WRONG.

Person turning right without checking for oncoming traffic would be in the wrong.
    I don't know who would actually of been right or wrong

Don't forget the biker was under taking traffic in a BUS LANE

As I said I felt sorry for the car driver given the situation, however I'm no legal expert so please don't all the know it all's tell me I'm RONG

Don't forget the biker was under taking traffic in a BUS LANE

And?

• Advertisement

Me too.

They generally aren't arseholes either.

Had me a couple of hogs pass me today, pulled out of the over taking lane (they were going a lot faster) gave them the thumbs up and they obliged with a thumbs up and the nice harley exhaust note.

being nice has its rewards :D

Ya dont want to be going o/t here but I actually like pulling in for these fellas.

Me too.

wait wait wait.

You were in the overtaking lane correctly (so couldn't pull out of the lane as you were overtaking)

or you were lane hogging.

KILL HIM!

wait wait wait.

You were in the overtaking lane correctly (so couldn't pull out of the lane as you were overtaking)

or you were lane hogging.

KILL HIM!

I was overtaking and spotted a faster moving vehicle coming up behind me and decided it was best I observed proper road manners and pulled in to let the pass

Actually as stupid as that sounds its the truth, I also rolled down the window to hear them go......I'm kinda sad like that :o

I was overtaking and spotted a faster moving vehicle coming up behind me and decided it was best I observed proper road manners and pulled in to let the pass

Actually as stupid as that sounds its the truth, I also rolled down the window to hear them go......I'm kinda sad like that :o

You were either overtaking or you weren't. There's no middle ground son

You were either overtaking or you weren't. There's no middle ground son

KNOW IT ALL ALERT.

I pulled out early, no traffic behind, as there was a slow car ahead.

Once out about 30 seconds or so I checked my mirrors, bikes approaching behind so as I had enough space to pull back in and complete my approach without any difficulty I did so.

Is that too hard a concept to grasp or do you not get it as I wasn't an ignorant sort.

Next Time I should continue overtaking and block them ya?

Or should i just tailgate the guy going 80kph?
    :rolleyes:

30 seconds and you hadn't even reached the car you were overtaking?

You in a 1L car or something? :D

I thought this thread was a b1tch about traffic corps and bus lanes....:D

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I thought this thread was a b1tch about traffic corps and bus lanes....:D

And slow overtakers!

:pac:

I'm not in something sporty no, but if thats how you would like to 'measure' the man then I guess your drive a super spuirty turdo bike then is it with 14 blonde virgins hanging of the handle bars is it?

I'm not apologizing for having good road manners in terms or early anticipation of an action, not having the urge to floor the trottle to get past the slow car in 1.2 milliseconds, rubbing his back bumper or even holding up traffic and using petrol that is completely unnecessary in the situation

All I did was look ahead, look behind, pull out, check mirrors and then change my road position in response to a change in traffic conditions.

It was a WIN/WIN situation and nobody as I pointed out at the start was a twat, I was happy, the car in front was happy and clearly the bikers were happy.

Does there always need to be a looser for you to be happy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

In your example the car driver is at fault but the biker is a fool is putting themself in that situation

The most dangerous place for a biker, well there are many.
    But in a buslane, hugging the traffic to your right and level to somebodies back wheel.
    Yes the car driver should see you in their left wing mirror before crossing into the bus lane but how many check? Few enough.

And then you'll find most bus drivers and lorry drivers are fantastic as they are trained and do check before crossing lanes.
    They are excellent car drivers and there are muppets, much the same motorcyclists, or cyclists or any sector realy.
    It really pisses me off when pizza delivery boy gets to the top of the queue,

Next time you order a pizza you'll be glad of the speedy deilivery ;)
    Though even a 50cc scooter will get to 30km per hour pretty quickly so not sure what this is driver is messing at

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement