Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

The clearest example of a car needing to be towed that Ive ever seen. Any car blocking access to any safety feature such as fire doors, hydrants etc should be towed ASAP and the owner fined enough to make them feel it for a long while.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

djimi wrote: »
    The clearest example of a car needing to be towed that Ive ever seen. Any car blocking access to any safety feature such as fire doors, hydrants etc should be towed ASAP and the owner fined enough to make them feel it for a long while.

Read a few posts back. Some people don't agree. Aparrently if you block the door of a hospital for 26 hours its OK!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

2594362D43E04965B8715C0E3C6310FF-0000316522-0001910221-00800L-2ED7D92335614B0EBE4412002BAF7A1F.jpg

0FE59A2D55C14771887C503812F7087E-0000316522-0001910222-00800L-42DBE49A7E9B41C8AE2BEC9BBEE6BFE4.jpg

Yeah but its an Onyx which means it was bought by a complete asshole anyway!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

That Khan parked there every other day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Our daughter just started school recently and now that I am sometimes dropping off/picking up I am just flabergasted by some of the parking around the school.

There is the usual double yellows on corners and the zig zag yellows outside at the gate but people still insist on wanting to get as close as possible - this includes parking on the corners (blocking crossing areas etc), parking out the front on the zig zag lines; this on a main road too where it ain't uncommon for a lunatic to come barrelling by. They just seem to dump their cars anywhere.

I just cannot understand the ignorance, stupidity and fcuking laziness of these people - this is a school for their fcuking children and these same people will be the first get the lawyers in if it was their child that was injured as a a result of a car illegally parked.

What do you do here? The guard's would only need to put in a presence a few times around these spots and am sure it would stop (for a while anyway) but, No, not a chance...

The school even has laminated posters everywhere, including on the window of the classroom as you wait to pick up your child, and these show photographic examples of the areas outside this school and where you should and should not park... not some pic's downloaded of the internet - but no registering with these pr1cks.

I think I will be dropping into Gard's soon and insisting they send a car past a few times and try get the point across... probably won't make a damn difference but gotta try.

Rant over...

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Berty wrote: »
    Read a few posts back. Some people don't agree. Aparrently if you block the door of a hospital for 26 hours its OK!

In fairness, having a heart attack is the one time I wouldn't give a **** about my parking.

In fairness, having a heart attack is the one time I wouldn't give a **** about my parking.

People are only surmising its a heart attack. It could have been elephantitis for all we know.

I know! The next time Im clamped in a supermarket car park or a city street I will say that I have just had a heart attack and therefore should be allowed park where I like.

BTW, I know they were probably in a hospital bed. It still does not account for the amnesia relating to where they parked their car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

BTW, I know they were probably in a hospital bed. It still does not account for the amnesia relating to where they parked their car.

Well it would if they were unconsious, or dead... or had amnesia :pac:

Well it would if they were unconsious, or dead... or had amnesia :pac:

How would they drive the car is they were unconcious or dead? Its also possible that to have amnesia you could possibly forget how to get to the hospital. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Our daughter just started school recently and now that I am sometimes dropping off/picking up I am just flabergasted by some of the parking around the school.

There is the usual double yellows on corners and the zig zag yellows outside at the gate but people still insist on wanting to get as close as possible - this includes parking on the corners (blocking crossing areas etc), parking out the front on the zig zag lines; this on a main road too where it ain't uncommon for a lunatic to come barrelling by. They just seem to dump their cars anywhere.

I just cannot understand the ignorance, stupidity and fcuking laziness of these people - this is a school for their fcuking children and these same people will be the first get the lawyers in if it was their child that was injured as a a result of a car illegally parked.

What do you do here? The guard's would only need to put in a presence a few times around these spots and am sure it would stop (for a while anyway) but, No, not a chance...

The school even has laminated posters everywhere, including on the window of the classroom as you wait to pick up your child, and these show photographic examples of the areas outside this school and where you should and should not park... not some pic's downloaded of the internet - but no registering with these pr1cks.

I think I will be dropping into Gard's soon and insisting they send a car past a few times and try get the point across... probably won't make a damn difference but gotta try.

Rant over...

Paddy

Dont even get me started on school parking. There is a school on a backroad near where I live (totally stupid place to put a school, only access to it is via one tiny road off a bridge but thats another story entirely) and every time I drive by there at about 3 the place is utter chaos. The other day I was trying to get past and the parking was so bad they had actually jammed themselves up in such a way that noone could move at all.

I have a major problem with schools anyway; I feel that most if not all school kids should be taking buses provided for them by the school and parents should be forbidden from driving kids to school except in exceptional circumstances, but until that happens (not bloody likely) I really wish parents would cop the hell on and have some consideration for those using the roads around the school, and remember they are not the only people who use these roads.

School parking. I'll tell you why they park like that.

Its because their ugly children are more important than any of us and they are oblivious to the fact that others might not agree. Hence you have 50+ mothers with children to drop off all with the same mentality.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Having worked in Shaws in the Crescent, apparently parking in a no parking area at the back means nothing especially at christmas when the bins are full and you have the great job of trying to squeeze between parked cars.

Its the little things that annoy you. Obviously I don't like people parking like assholes but this woman takes the fvcking biscuit.

It was 8:45am in the Childers road Shopping Centre in Limerick this morning. There were 100's of spaces and even 3 spaces NEARER to the DOOR.

Yet she took this one.

IMG_0137.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

How would they drive the car is they were unconcious or dead? Its also possible that to have amnesia you could possibly forget how to get to the hospital. :p

Plenty do...never been on the naas rd I take it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Patrick85

corktina wrote: »
    Plenty do...never been on the naas rd I take it?

lol naas/naas road omg was coming home from athlone one night about 3am and saw a guy parked having a smoke on the hatched lines between carriageway and slip road lol stopped and asked if he needed help the reply nah just waiting for my buddy lol was so gobsmacked i couldnt say a word

LOL

newcar.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,702 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

^ Today is Sunday, really think Parking Wardens are getting overtime...? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

no hazards on? tut tut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Mahon Point, again. Pure laziness.

IMAG0116.jpg

Apologies for the shaky hand. :pac:

Pic of the row behind -

IMAG0117.jpg

• Advertisement

In Childers road in Limerick there is a similar problem to that crappy underground in Mahon where they park on the white paint(not hatched) but still you should know not to park there.

Like my picture above it was around 8:30am and the car park was near empty yet still they parked on it. Funny thing is that THEY CLAMP in this car park now.

On the Mahon thing. Whats the freakin story in that underground. I always park there in the area where you can fit 100 cars or so but there are NO LIGHTS AND NO WHITE LINES. What the story with that? I always try to take up a big space.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Peteemax

I dont usually post pictures but i had to when i seen this in woodies (Coolock) carpark over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

JustinOval wrote: »
    Mahon Point, again. Pure laziness.

IMAG0116.jpg

I f*cking hate people who park like this in Mahon Point. I always take the last proper spot in a row like this when the kids are in the car so at least I have room on one side to get them in and out without risking hitting someone elses car with a door. Then you get back to the car and some plonker has parked like the idiot above.
    When this happens I stop caring if the kids hit the other car with the door and do nothing to prevent it ...tough sh*t on them really (usually I am very careful about this if everyone is parked correctly).

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Slightly Bunkers

2A38E959AF944BAB8344E83FC2312EC7-800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

School parking. I'll tell you why they park like that.

Its because their ugly children are more important than any of us and they are oblivious to the fact that others might not agree. Hence you have 50+ mothers with children to drop off all with the same mentality.

And your picture perfect? Cop on Berty, callin other peoples children Ugly is not on.

As for school parking, I took the young lad today for the first time, and I agree the parking is brutal. I only took the car cause I had to head straigh into work, Misses can't drop him as she is due next week and can hardly walk, let alone drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

callin other peoples children Ugly is not on.

Not all kids are cute you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Stekelly wrote: »

Still no reason to call other peoples kids ugly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

this would be the perfect solution to all parking problems!!

Stekelly wrote: »
    Still no reason to call other peoples kids ugly.

Children are very much like farts. You can just about put up with your own but others..........................

• Advertisement

Supervalu Loughrea.

See the near empty car park behind it. Also some fvcker took a chunk from my drivers door today. They hit it so hard it didnt just leave a dent it went all the way down to the metal base.

This one surely is a "MINI BUS"

IMG_0143.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement