Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Key fob mini-cam - £8.39 delivered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

iMax wrote: »
    I appear to have knackered mine. Power light stays on & the SD won't show up in finder (mac). Bugger.

Mine locked up at one stage but a pressed the reset button to sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

basquille wrote: »

That's a class 2 - great price, but mightn't be fast enough for smooth video/audio though?

Just in case!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

quarryman wrote: »
    Mine locked up at one stage but a pressed the reset button to sort it.

Tried the reset, but nothing yet :( Have to get a new sd to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Doodlebug wrote: »
    That's a class 2 - great price, but mightn't be fast enough for smooth video/audio though?

Just in case!
    Think I'm using a Class 2 with mine.. and I don't have any problems with audio or video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Doodlebug wrote: »

Just in case!

Here's uncompressed Class 2 footage on Megaupload.

It might actually be slower, a genuine SanDisk 2GB MicroSD with no Class marking.

Just uploaded, it's myself passing the Premiere of Grown Ups, looking down from the top deck of a Dublin bus. :D

The footage is a bit jittery, I was finger-pinch\holding the Fob, so, things are a bit motion manic.

SUNP0012GrownUpsPremiere.avi
    52 seconds
    720x480
    82.38MB

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L0CI7QOS

---

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

That is unbelievable quality, I didn't know it was that good. YouTube compression really kills uploads..

Anyone else with a #3 want to share? :D

Baza210, it really needs outside lighting. If there is enough lighting, the Fob is on a par with the original 'Flip'. I find there's some quirks, the focal range means it works surprisingly well close up too. Close up to small objects etc.

Could someone please post the directory structure that's created ? I want to see if that's what the problem is with mine. Thanks.

iMax wrote: »
    Could someone please post the directory structure that's created ? I want to see if that's what the problem is with mine. Thanks.

Here you go:

Directory of H:\

H:\DCIM
    H:\DCIM\100MEDIA

H:\
    ==

Total 0 file(s); Size: 0 Byte(s)

H:\DCIM
    ======

Total 0 file(s); Size: 0 Byte(s)

H:\DCIM\100MEDIA
    ===============
    SUNP0001.AVI 6821 KB 22/07/2010 10:32:50 AM a

Total 1 file(s); Size: 6985560 Byte(s)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Total 2 folder(s); 1 file(s)

Total files size: 7 MB; 6822 KB; 6985560 Bytes

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

I got a second one this morning, but I think it might be knackered. I connected it to the PC with the cable I use with the first one I got( which works fine) and the charge light comes on for about a minute or so, and then goes out. Left it on charge for an hour or two, and when I try to turn it on, nothing happens. No light, nothing. I tried a reset, but still no light when I try to turn it on to see if it's got 35 flashes of the light. Tried a different sd card and cable, but still no luck. Any ideas? Kinda thinking I may have ran out of luck with it

Just got my first one from buyincoins.com. It's a #3, although the manual inside says the video resolution is 1280x960 which gave me a bit of a fright. Works all right with my 4GB SanDisk C2 although the frame-rate is a bit low.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Baza210 wrote: »
    Just got my first one from buyincoins.com. It's a #3, although the manual inside says the video resolution is 1280x960 which gave me a bit of a fright. Works all right with my 4GB SanDisk C2 although the frame-rate is a bit low.
    Thats the jpeg stills resolution.
    The video is 720x480.

It says something different but it doesn't matter anyway, it's still a #3.

By the way, anyone seeking to buy one from buyincoins.com, there's a 10% discount code "10%off2010" which should get you a quid off or so.

Well my SD card is ok, so it looks like a buggered device, have emailed them but still waiting on a reply :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Frame rate too bad on mine to be any use at all. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Mine arrived yesterday. Had a 1Gb card here, works perfect.
    1Gb will get you 10mins approx....or roughly 100mb a min

Will have a proper play with it this weekend

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Frame rate too bad on mine to be any use at all. :(

Slow SD card?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Saw one of these in Selfridges in London for £450 that is some markup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

MJRS wrote: »
    I bought from http://www.buyincoins.com/key-chain-spy-camera-camcorder-dv-dvr-tf-card-product-1311.html
    €8.73, it's a #3, according to this site http://www.chucklohr.com/808/, it's the best one!
    I bought two, planning on buying more, I recommend it highly! Arrived in... 12 days? Maybe 11?
    Seems to be cheaper other places, but I'm going to buy a couple more from that site, now that I know it (and hope, still is!) #3s they're selling!

I ordered from the above boyincoins on the 25th July but have had no reply whatsoever from them as of now. Emmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

danjo-xx wrote: »
    I ordered from the above boyincoins on the 25th July but have had no reply whatsoever from them as of now. Emmmmm

thats not that long, be patient.

I think their site was down for a while for a design refresh, their stuff might be backlogged a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Barr

Just bought another from 365digital, £5.38 delivered - great price.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Barr wrote: »
    Just bought another from 365digital, £5.38 delivered - great price.

I got 3 from 356digital at the same time, 2 were ok but 1 had really bad quality video and very low volume audio, so low it's practically useless. Having opened up all 3 and extensively tested them, I can tell you that this dodgey one is definitely a different type and physically different inside. The default date was also different from the other two. Techincally we'd all be classing these as #3's but there's obviously a lot more out there now with them being copied by different manufacturers. It's annoying that I got two different types from the one seller because that means none of us can be sure of what we're getting from any particular seller.

One thing I was able to do with these 3 cameras was to straighten up the lenses. If you put your key fob down flat on a table and check the recording, you'll probably find it's crooked. All my 3 were really bad but fortunately the lens was not mounted on the board and only held in place by a soft glue so I was able to press them down to straighten them. Another camera I got from the OP's link had a hard glue so I couldn't straighten that, though that's not out by much.

Another thing some of you have already discovered is that the key chain on these breaks too easily, mine just came apart in my pocket and it wasn't even on keys, nothing was forced, just fell apart! So would advise replacing the key chain if you are going to have it on your keys.

Seems to be really hit and miss with these key fobs, even getting them from the same sellers. Some of you with "#3's" could have bad quality ones and not realise it because you have nothing to compare it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

zuroph wrote: »
    thats not that long, be patient.

Just thought I would have got the usual auto email confirmation. I'll contemplate how far the Dubs are going to go this year while I'm waiting:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,051 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Bought 2 from 365 digital. Both #3 luckily, both work fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Ordered on 23rd and they arrived today so youre 2 days behind me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Ordered on the 24th and arrived today.

Advertisement