Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 3.0 Meteor MMS settings

Options
  • 17-06-2009 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hey there everyone, Just got the 3.0 update for the iPhone and I'm having problems sending MMS.

I've found settings on the forums but they either don't work or don't have enough information. If anybody's figured this out can they please post the settings for MMS here.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Greggy

I'm on vodafone... I dont think you can send MMS messages, i think its done on a network provider basis, can anyone shed any light on this?

G

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

But people on Meteor can send MMS. Surely the make of the phone wouldn't make a difference and it would only be the settings that matter.

No, I think the features are locked out depending on which provider you are with..
    Can you see a camera icon when you go in to create a new message? I cant... :-)

Yeah I can... I have settings in and I rebooted the phone... Then the icon appeared.

It actually goes through the sending process and then fails.

What settings exactly have you got in??

• Advertisement

Cellular Data Network Settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Settings should be under General, Network.

Meteor settings are

APN: mms.mymeteor.ie
    Username: my
    Password: wap
    IP: 010.085.085.085

Greggy wrote: »
    What settings exactly have you got in??

APN:mms.mymeteor.ie
    USR: my
    PSS: mms
    MMSC: http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    MMSC proxy: 10.85.85.85:8799
    MMS Max Message size: 307200
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://mms.mymeteor.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

No, I think the features are locked out depending on which provider you are with..
    Can you see a camera icon when you go in to create a new message? I cant... :-)

I would be surprised if the MMS application was aware of what carrier you are on.
    Yeah I can... I have settings in and I rebooted the phone... Then the icon appeared.

It actually goes through the sending process and then fails.

Sounds like a settings problem. Have you checked the settings in the Mobiles/PDA forum (link on the left, under my name somewhere)?

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Have you checked the settings in the Mobiles/PDA forum (link on the left, under my name somewhere)?

Yeah I got settings there but still no success.... There's a couple of extra settings on the iPhone and I don't really know what they mean... They're listed in my above post.

• Advertisement

Yeah I got settings there but still no success.... There's a couple of extra settings on the iPhone and I don't really know what they mean... They're listed in my above post.

And have you data enabled on your account?

Though I don't think that should really make a difference.

Here's an idea - try the SIM in a different phone and try sending an MMS from it. Then at least you will know if it is your account or the iPhone itself.

Yeah my account has data enabled. Unfortunatly I can't use anyone elses sim card as there's nobody here with a meteor sim until the weekend.... If anyone gets it working can they post what they did here?

Ok... Now that I have rebooted the phone after inputting the settings, the camera icon does in fact appear!

I just sent and received my first MMS message on vodafone IRL with the following settings:

Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network:

Cellular Data:
    =========
    APN: isp.vodafone.ie
    Username: vodafone
    Password: vodafone

MMS
    ===
    APN: mms.vodafone.net
    Username: dublin
    Pasword: dublin
    MMSC: http://www.vodafone.ie/mms
    MMS Proxy: 10.24.59.200:80
    MMS Max message Size: <BLANK>
    MMS UA Prof URL: <BLANK>

Grim, have you got the correct settings from here: http://www.meteor.ie/support/meteor_services/gprs_mss_wap_settings/

Anyone know what the deal with getting Internet tethering sorted?

Cheers,
    G

Yeah my account has data enabled. Unfortunatly I can't use anyone elses sim card as there's nobody here with a meteor sim until the weekend.... If anyone gets it working can they post what they did here?

No, what I mean is use your SIM in somebody else's phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Anyone know what the deal with getting Internet tethering sorted?G

No tethering from o2 yet.. but here is a workaround for macs only!!

http://www.jellysms.com/blog/enable-internet-tethering-with-your-iphone-in-2-minutes-on-o2-ireland-with-30-gm/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Anyone figured how to get tethering to work on the 3 Ireland network.

And got MMS to work with Three Ireland

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    No, what I mean is use your SIM in somebody else's phone.

Ah, gotcha! good idea I'll try the weekend.

My GF is sending me the current settings she has in her phone so I know they're the right settings.... If they don't work I'll try swapping my SIM into anothers phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Ok... Now that I have rebooted the phone after inputting the settings, the camera icon does in fact appear!

I just sent and received my first MMS message on vodafone IRL with the following settings:

Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network:

Cellular Data:
    =========
    APN: isp.vodafone.ie
    Username: vodafone
    Password: vodafone

MMS
    ===
    APN: mms.vodafone.net
    Username: dublin
    Pasword: dublin
    MMSC: http://www.vodafone.ie/mms
    MMS Proxy: 10.24.59.200:80
    MMS Max message Size: <BLANK>
    MMS UA Prof URL: <BLANK>

Grim, have you got the correct settings from here: http://www.meteor.ie/support/meteor_services/gprs_mss_wap_settings/

Anyone know what the deal with getting Internet tethering sorted?

Cheers,
    G

Cheers for this Greggy!
    Even with these settings i couldn't send an MMS - however, a call to Vodafone later i'm good to go. Apparantly Vodafone didn't have a MMS profile set up on my number. After setting up i can send.
    Seems a bit slow however.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Auscast

These meteor settings work for me (thanks to Meteor phone support):

Cellular Data Section:
    APN isp.mymeteor.ie
    Username my
    Password meteor

MMS Section:
    APN mms.mymeteor.ie
    Username my
    Password meteor
    MMSC mms.mymeteor.ie
    MMS Proxy 010.085.085.085:8799
    MMS Max Message Size <blank>
    MMS UA Prof URL <blank>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Has anyone got MMS fully working on meteor? Where do I input the "MMS" settings?
    I've put in those in the cellular data network but have no idea where to put in the others. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Auscast

Further to your query, I can advise you Meteor do not currently sell the iPhone and as such, we are unable to provide settings specific to this phone. I can however confirm that you may still be able to use standard GPRS and MMS settings from our network.

I have outlined the steps below so you can make full use of the MMS function of the handset. In order for you to be eligible to use this handset's MMS function, I have activated the ISP Internet Connection on your handset. This function also allows you to use your iPhone as a modem.

In order to fully activate Isp Internet, WAP and MMS on your phone, please follow the steps provided.

· First you will need to go to the SETTINGS menu on your handset.
    · Once in this menu please select the GENERAL option.
    · When you have accessed this menu, please choose the NETWORK option.
    · After you have entered this option, please choose the EDGE option and enter the following settings:

APN: isp.mymeteor.ie
    Username: my
    Password: meteor

mmsc: mms.mymeteor.ie
    proxy: 010.085.085.085:8799
    apn: mms.mymeteor.ie
    username: my
    password: meteor
    image size: medium
    Please contact us with any further queries on free phone 1905 or info@meteor.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Thanks for the info but I don't seem to have any edge option under network for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Auscast wrote: »
    In order for you to be eligible to use this handset's MMS function, I have activated the ISP Internet Connection on your handset.

This is incorrect, just so you all know. You only need to have the MMS APN provisioned on your account in order to send/receive MMS. This is the case on any handset, not just the iPhone/3G/3G S.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

How do access the mms settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

madrab wrote: »
    +1
    i can't find them either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network

There should be two or three sections: Cellular Data, Visual voicemail and MMS

If they're not there then you either you're not on 3.0 or you don't have the right carrier settings file.

I'm definately on 3.0 s I have all the copy paste stuff,
    Are the carrier settings the baseband thingies?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

mobius42 wrote: »
    Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network

There should be two or three sections: Cellular Data, Visual voicemail and MMS

If they're not there then you either you're not on 3.0 or you don't have the right carrier settings file.

Or your using the original Iphone. I've been trying to figure out why it wasn't working for me and it seems that with the 3.0 software and mms you need a 3g :(

It doesn't work on the original iPhone? Ah boo! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

It doesn't work on the original iPhone? Ah boo! :-)

Heh. Sorry, I forgot about that!

Advertisement