Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Berget-Events] Berget 7: Three Kings (2009) - Bookings and info ONLY

Options
  • 01-10-2008 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭

The Berget 7 website got released today, with bookings due to commence at the end of this month (31st October 2008).

Booking info and prices for the event can be found here.

The event dates are Wednesday 24th June - Sun 28th June 2009

Transport

For flights to Stockholm (Arlanda airport), I will recommend SAS who did sterling service for those who made the trip to Berget 6 in June just gone. Their baggage & "firearms" charges were most agreeable and by far the best I have encountered from any airline in my time travelling to and from other countries for airsoft events.

You have a choice of catching an internal flight via SAS up north to Sundsvall, or you can take a high-speed train with Swedish Rail (which I highly recommend for both the experience and sheer comfort)

Off the top of my head, my SAS flight (excluding any additional charges) cost me around €160, inclusive of baggage and my rail ticket (1st class, with meal) was about €50

I'll post up more information this evening. The actual game-zone has not yet been announced so it may well not be the same as that from June, which wasn't the same as the previous year.

Please keep the thread noise to a minimum. I don't want anyone posting anything until I get better travel information up, so I've asked that this be locked for the moment. If you want to discuss anything, there's a thread here

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,564 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Unlocked as requested by Lemming.

Nobody else post in the thread please.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I'm only going to list the direct flight options available since these provide the most no-nonsense option with least amount of hassle. I will state multiple-hop carriers and rough prices, but it's on your own back if you decide to use them.

NOTE: To avoid confusion, Stockholm International airport is also known as "Arlanda".

SAS €173.24 - Website

Out-bound flight (Dublin -Arlanda): Sun 21st June 2009
    Depart: 19.05
    Arrive: 22.40

In-bound flight (Arlanda - Dublin): Mon 29th June 2009
    Depart: 09.25
    Arrive: 11.15

I picked Sunday, but Monday's the same. Only difference is the departure time is 12.05, with arrival time 15.45 local time. The Sunday just gives a full day to see some of the city.

1-stop Flights.

Unfortunately very few airlines do flights direct from Dublin to Stockholm. The following list offer flights from Dublin to their respective cities and onwards to Stockholm
    There are others, but to be perfectly honest, none of the prices given on the entire list are credible when you compare against SAS for a direct flight. The cheapest of the list above was Air France at the lowly price of about €400.

Last but not least, I would like to make a very important point that everyone needs to be aware of. Unless you are planning on having your AEG, etc. shipped or brought over by someone else and/or enjoy getting utterly shafted on baggage charges/weight ....

... DO. NOT. USE. Ryan Air; They do not allow airsoft equipment.

In the event that you are using Ryan Air, and having your kit transported seperately, be aware that they do not land at Arlanda but at Skavsta, which is a good deal further outside the city.

Unless you really want to take an internal flight, a 6 (or is it 8?) hour drive on a bus or god forbid you rent a car, the best option to get from Stockholm up toward Harnosand is via Swedish Rail's high-speed X2000 train.

I highly recommend the 1st class option. It comes with free wifi and coffee/tea top-ups, arm chairs with your own power socket, and if you've booked food as well .. it beats the crap out of airline food :pac:

Swedish Rail - Website

Out-bound train (Stockholm - Sundsvall): Tues 23rd June 2009
    Depart: 12.30
    Arrive: 15.52

In-bound train: (Sundsvall - Stockholm): Sun 28th June 2009
    Depart: 14.11
    Arrive: 17.30

Once you've arrived at Sundsvall station, there are frequent buses that travel to Harnosand station (roughly €10 a ticket if I recall, most go look), and from there it's a shoe-in

NOTE: The cheapest tickets are released three months prior to your departure date. So hold of on the bookings until around the 22/23rd of March 2009!

For the Berget 6 trip (June 2008), we used STF Fridhemsplan.

The place was was quite cheap and cheerful and provided group rooms (working out cheaper). I think we got a "private 4-bed room" with extra person on the floor (mattress). So it worked out pretty cheap per-night; €166 / 5 = €33

On the way back, some of us booked into the Sheraton-Stockholm (5-star) for the night which was fan-f*cking-tastic after all that running around and sleeping in tents with smelly, sweaty men for the better part of 5 days. At the time, the rates were about €20 dearer than some fo the three-star options, so why not?!

Obviously, accommodation is going to vary from person to person and some people like their creature comforts, so I'm not going to pitch one way or the other. But if you want cheap and comfortable, you could do worse than the STF Fridhemsplan.

NOTE: When booking your accommodation, please bear in mind distance to Stockholm Central Station. The city is an archipelago and consists of 5 districts. Wikipedia

Just to give you an idea, this is how far north you'll be going (essentially 24 hours of daylight): Google Maps: Härnösand, Sweden

• Advertisement

So far; as per the Berget 7 player list, we have the following signed up:

Faction: NATO
    • Hunter1100
    • Lemming
    • OzCam
    • Skatedude
    • Gerrowdat
    • Tov (TDM)
    • plastic_axe (TDM)
    • Casper (ASI)
    • hackedminds (ASI)
    • Dar
    • TheDoc (dropped out?)
    • Nakedhedgehog
    • horgan_p (CTG)
    • Mad Ozzie (CTG)
    • muscles (CTG)
    • senordingdong
    • passion fingers (CTG)
    • preacher (ASI)
    • Tommyboy
    • fayer
    • Shiva
    • kdouglas
    • johnTDK (TDK)
    • blasterTDK (TDK)
    • Conkey
    • Cuddlesworth
    • shooterTDK (TDK)
    • Devilsbreath
    • biboyTDK (TDK)
    • mr andersonTDK (TDK)
    • poorboyTDK (TDK)
    • janyTDK (TDK)
    • ghost dogTDK (TDK)
    • wolfTDK (TDK)

Total: 34 (33 -1 dropout?). 9 paid up thus far.

It has been suggested that I list the Swedish airport codes for anyone looking at flights, so here they are:

International flights
    • ARN - Stockholm, Sweden Arlanda International
    • NYO - Stockholm-Skavsta Airport - Nyköping, Sweden, is 100 km (62.5 miles) south of Stockholm
    • BMA - Stockholm-Bromma Airport

Internal flights
    • SDL - Sundsvall-Härnösand Airport or Midlanda Airport is located about 21 km north of Sundsvall and 32 km south of Härnösand, Sweden.

For further travel information around the Sundsvall/Harnosand area, click here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Quick note from the site: NATO tickets are now SOLD OUT.

If you're wanting to get in on some berget action with the rest of the Irish players, They're putting unpaid NATO tickets back on sale on December 7th. I'd imagine this will be the last opportunity to book in as NATO.

EDIT: This of course means that if you've signed up as NATO and want to actually play an not lose your ticket, pay up as soon as you can. Otherwise your ticket may be sold.

I've done a quick listing of people from ireland, or with "Airsoft Ireland" as their faction. it's at http://www.swearing.org/bergetplayers.html -- I'll regenerate it every hour or so from the official player list.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

should we make a list of whos booked so far? or is there already a list from the berget people?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

vtec wrote: »
    should we make a list of whos booked so far? or is there already a list from the berget people?

There's a list here: http://berget.hopto.org/playerlist.aspx

• Advertisement

gerrowadat wrote: »
    I've done a quick listing of people from ireland, or with "Airsoft Ireland" as their faction. it's at http://www.swearing.org/bergetplayers.html -- I'll regenerate it every hour or so from the official player list.

You're also missing all the TDK/TDM guys from the Philippines. Some of them are listed as being in Ireland, others aren't. I'm not sure if they want to be listed along side us mind you.

Lemming wrote: »
    You're also missing all the TDK/TDM guys from the Philippines. Some of them are listed as being in Ireland, others aren't. I'm not sure if they want to be listed along side us mind you.

This is by no means an exhaustive list of people we care about, it's basically everyone who put down either 'Na Fianna' or 'Airsoft Ireland' as team, or listed Ireland as their country of origin. The aim is just to make it harder to miss people in the giant list :-)

gerrowadat wrote: »
    This is by no means an exhaustive list of people we care about, it's basically everyone who put down either 'Na Fianna' or 'Airsoft Ireland' as team, or listed Ireland as their country of origin. The aim is just to make it harder to miss people in the giant list :-)

Ok.

That aside, the most important thing to stress right now is as you mentioned above; that people get their tickets paid for as per the following notice from the Berget 7 website:
    Unpayed NATO tickets will be put on sale on the 7th of December 2008 at a cost of 108 EURO.

So that gives everyone until the 7th of December to pay up for their event tickets; roughly three and a half weeks away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

it can take time for your ticket to show up as paid, same issue last year

Skatedude wrote: »
    it can take time for your ticket to show up as paid, same issue last year

Yup, your mileage may vary depending on your payment method. They also process payments in batches, so you might - for example - pay on thursday evening but Berget-Events may then not process outstanding payments made until the following week depending on workload, etc.

So please just bear that in mind. Your payment wont appear instantaneously on the player list.

Kjsaw has been appointed as NATO commander for Berget 7

Berget 7 front page announcement

Forum announcement

There are now only 5 days left to pay for your ticket before the prices go up to €108.

Get a move on folks; I see a lot of names that are unpaid.

edit:

Taken from this post by kjsaw:
    kjsaw wrote:
    You have 30 days from the date you booked your ticket to make payment, the payment you make is whatever price the ticket was when you booked it (should be in your confirmation email). Once the 30 days has passed the ticket will taken away and you would need to rebook at whatever the prevailing price is.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

most of if not all of the cork lads are on these flights

MON22JUN09 1230 DEP DUBLIN 1610 ARR STOCKHOLM ARN
    MON29JUN09 0950 DEP STOCKHOLM 1140 ARR DUBLIN

does anyone know when we get our player id for the armbands? as i want to get the order in early

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Do not mean to hijack thread lemming I know you want it neat and concise.

But a couple of question. I may find myself available for this event.

Now that most of you have made booking. an you please confirm with me how much it costs, excluding tickets.

For whatever the majority are doing, I'm sure everyone has now a fixed price for what they paid, and I would like to get a rough idea, should i be able to budget for it.

Also, are their tickets left for nato and how much am i looking at?

I would love to attend, but I have to consider that I was sposed to go america with the girlfriend, she got made redundant so I would feel epic guilty legging to Sweden. So I want to take her on a sun holiday of some sort so thats priority.

If I feel I can budget enough for this event I might make the trip.

( Thats if Tony can give me the time off) :P

• Advertisement

Now that most of you have made booking. an you please confirm with me how much it costs, excluding tickets.

For whatever the majority are doing, I'm sure everyone has now a fixed price for what they paid, and I would like to get a rough idea, should i be able to budget for it.

Flight with SAS: roughly €160
    Accommodation: roughly €225 (this is for 3 nights in 5-star accommodation so ... on the high end of things)
    Trains: TBA, but roughly €50 for 1st class return with food.

Lemming wrote: »
    Flight with SAS: roughly €160
    Accommodation: roughly €225 (this is for 3 nights in 5-star accommodation so ... on the high end of things)
    Trains: TBA, but roughly €50 for 1st class return with food.

NOT BEING AN EPIC BAILER : PRICELESS
    THERE ARE SOME THING IN LIFE MONEY CAN'T BUY
    FOR EVERYTHING ELSE THERE IS : NOT BEING AN EPIC BAILER

k, flights, hotel, train and berget paid for.
    Now just have to rip out everything out of my sl-9 and replace them with something capable of handling a 170 spring without going off like a grenade in my face.(Obviously not installing spring till we get to sweden)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

Skatedude wrote: »
    k, flights, hotel, train and berget paid for.

You mean the train from Stockholm to Sundsvall and back?! You've that already booked and paid for? How much did you pay?
    You do realise that if you book it too far in advance, it costs a lot more?
    The cheap tickets, which are a fraction of the price, aren't released until 90days beforehand.

Plus, I should point out, there are more than a few trains per day. If we all want to travel together, perhaps best to decide which train to get now before the cheap tickets are released?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Yes, the cheap fares will be available in a few weeks. Lemming is watching and has the date marked in his diary.

I posted the times for the trains and the website address earlier, search either this thread or the main Berget 7 one for them.

Don't buy your train tickets yet. We'll announce when it's time to do so.

The cheap outbound rail ticket prices have been released, but the return journey tickets have not been released .. give it 5 days and you should be able to get the best deal going.

Currently, outbound price 1st class is roughly €17 (195 SEK)

Edit:

Ok, I booked my outbound trip so that people have an idea of what's what:

Date: Tues 23rd June
    Departure: 12.30 (Stockholm Central)
    Arrival: 15.52 (Sundsvall)
    1st Class
    Carriage 2, Seat 7, Window, Lounge

Roughly €17.50 (195 SEK)

With Food roughly €26.50 (291 SEK)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

I'm booked too. Tuesday 23rd June. 12:30 departure. Carriage 2, Seat 10.
    There's a link to a file showing the carriage layout on the seat selection bit, but here it is for those that want to look now.
    Link to the first page of the ticket booking in English is HERE

It may be wise to book your outbound seat now rather than wait until the return seats are available in a few days and booking them together. As it's not known how many other airsofters and travellers are intending to use the same train to get to Berget / Sundsvall or, more importantly, if they only allocate a certain amount of the seats at the cheap price. Better to book the outbound and return legs seperately than risk paying extra.

The addition of a 3 course meal for < 10 euro ( even if the portions are tiny ) is a bargain for Sweden as it's a fairly pricey place. So the meal addition for 96SEK is well worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Booked, Carriage 2, seat 9. Window seat and all. I guess it's better to pay two booking fees than to wait and risk not getting a seat at all. That train is likely to fill rapidly. At these prices, you can't complain. Great website.

If you put your phone number in on the payment page (don't forget to drop the zero in the area code) you will get your ticket sent as an SMS the day before departure. You have to reply to that text to confirm it. It might be a good idea to print the ticket anyway, in case something goes wrong with the phone process.

Enter your birthday in YYYYMMDD format.

I guess I should look for some "Pathfinder" patches for Lemming, Casper and myself :)

It's giving me a price of 314 SEK, but sher fukkit, it's cheaper than before :-)

EDIT: Booked Carriage 2, Seat 13

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

What's the sire you book them from?

Advertisement